Reviews for The Meaning of 'Mother'
cannibalisticReaper chapter 1 . 8/28/2014
I really enjoyed this. Few people take into consideration that, in her own twisted way, Gothel did care about Repunzel. I mean if she truly despised the child she wouldn't have raised her.
Wordmangler chapter 1 . 2/1/2014
I don't think the "Thisisanewtimeperiod" really works, or is even needed, as the content is perfectly adequate, but that's the only thing I'd change with this lovely little gem. Perhaps shading ever-so slightly to making Gothel too nice, but only ever-so slightly. It's obvious from canon that whatever her failings as a person, she was a very good mother.
thecakehater chapter 1 . 4/24/2013
Good Job!
I mean despite being insanely vain and obsessed about staying young, she was still the one who raised Punzie. I felt bad on how she died. Doesn't she deserve redemption? Everyone deserves a second shot.
Lost chapter 1 . 8/16/2011
Its very fun that you write about the time before where start the story (in the movie). This one is so happy (?) I just feel happy when i read it (Mom says i look serious... but it good anyway whatecer my face may say ( btw my english suck...)
Noooo longer in use chapter 1 . 4/9/2011
This was absolutley beautiful. I actually liked Gothel. She may have trapped and improsined Rapunzel in that tower but she took care of the girl for 18 years. She must of loved her at least a little bit if not alot.
fayra chapter 1 . 1/14/2011
This is so bittersweet, and it adds so much to Gothel's character... *sigh* now i'm sad for both of them. Beautifully written!
heygodcomplex chapter 1 . 12/25/2010
this is really cute, and a very interesting perspective. there's so much opportunity with gothel that's wasted. i like your little dialogues; they add a lot to the examples.

personally, though, i think the time-period markers are unnecessary and sort of detract from the story. you could leave them separate paragraphs and it'd do fine. i think. lol.

great story.
goodgirl528 chapter 1 . 12/17/2010
Very sweet.
MRS.CULLEN1122 chapter 1 . 12/16/2010
Awwwwww i looooved this

so so soo cute

i really liked gothl i mean she wasnt really a villin just an overprotective mom

lol i loved the part when ur fic said that gothl would give her back to the king n quenn just to get a break from her lmao

i LOVED this!

There needs to b more gothl fics around

anyway this was awsomme

plz plz plz write more!

TotallyTangled chapter 1 . 12/15/2010
Wow. Gothels point of view... Reminds me of me and my mom. :) But great job! It was funny, and some sympathy for Gothel was needed!
My Lady Vader chapter 1 . 12/15/2010
I love this! It is so cute! It is so sad that in the end, Gothel let her want to live forever overcome her.
Anna Marie Raven chapter 1 . 12/15/2010
... And then she went crazy, stabbed a guy, and fell out Of a tower, exploding into dust on impact.

Have you ever seen the musical "Into the Woods?" they have an interesting take on the relationship between Rapunzel and the Witch who's placed her in the tower, and your story's touched on some of those points.

Nice job!
DisneyPrincess chapter 1 . 12/15/2010
VERY nice story...almost makes you feel for Gothel.

CocoRocks chapter 1 . 12/15/2010
this is a beautiful story.
KindofaWickedFan chapter 1 . 12/15/2010
A great take on a complicated situation. It explored the depths of the characters without getting too heavy or straying too far. Really nice! Thank you!