Reviews for A Thrill of Hope, the Weary World Rejoices
harpotter chapter 4 . 12/19/2010
Another lovely chapter! It was certainly very heart-breaking in the beginning...& I especially loved the name of the's so very...C&B. (; And even though we only got to briefly see Serena, Nate, and Eleanor, they were all wonderful.
z0ey chapter 4 . 12/19/2010
aww i love this.. it was so sweet ) cant wait to read the next story!
ChairLoveK chapter 4 . 12/19/2010
I get that Chuck was scared, but running away and leaving Blair to have the baby on her own? That's no good, Chuckles. Blair was right to be mad at him. I would have stayed mad a lot longer. Though, I have to remember this is Chuck we're talking about. He has some selfish, cowardly qualities but we love him anyways.

I also loved the... format (is that the right word?) of this. Like, reading how it played out hour by hour.

So, yea, I loved it! :)
Dr.GG chapter 4 . 12/19/2010
Again, wonderful. Thank you.
Erica514 chapter 4 . 12/19/2010
Love this chapter and it was adorable reding about Chuck and Corrine. Would give anything to see that ply out on the show.
LisaLevine chapter 4 . 12/19/2010
Hey, Steph! Forgive me for being MIA! Life got a little crazy!

This was lovely. So poignant and so captivating. This in particular:

...Namely, it feels like champagne spreading through his veins and his heart doing an odd expanding thing...

was so gorgeous. You just keep getting better and better!

Brava, darling!
ove chapter 4 . 12/19/2010
bethaboo chapter 4 . 12/19/2010
omg tears. that was . . .there are really kind of no words, which is not fair to you because it so so lovely and sweet and so them. Of course, Chuck would run-a lifetime of running simply wouldn't stop, especially when it comes to something as potentially explosive as his own daughter. But Blair understands him, and gets that he can't help it, leading to that perfect, flawless moment at the end where she acknowledges his weakness, and loves him in spite (or perhaps because of) it.

Chuck as a softie father is precious. I am literaly in tears, no joke. I am perhaps a bit worried that mine is well. . .wordy and not quite so sad, though maybe that's a good thing? But these aren't just sad tears, though Blair's ordeal would ahve been hideous without Chuck by her side, as would be his would have been without her. Like we always say, they are so much stronger together than when they're apart-scheming, spying, and even being a family.

Merry Christmas dear, and THANK YOU for this adorable jewel of an o/s. I'm so touched and thrilled that it was all for me (and yes, I think you took a lot of the themes out of The Debarted, which is mostly what I love so much about it; I definitely heard echoes of my most favorite scene ever in GG all through this). Wonderful job :)

QueenBee10 chapter 4 . 12/19/2010
Loved it
CBBW3words8letters chapter 3 . 12/18/2010
Amazing chapters ) keep them coming
DiorAddicted chapter 3 . 12/18/2010
Ok.. I don't even know where to begin.. That was UNBELIEVABLY AMAZING! hehe.. Seriously, I loved everything in this little cute oneshot! I swear everything!

But let's start.. First of all I loved that it had Bart/Chuck relationship in it! You have NO IDEA how I wish that was an episode in the show right now! I really want to see CB as kids and especially Chuck with Bart! So this was the perfect gift for me! hehe.. xD

I think you wrote Chuck and Blair wonderful as childs! I mean everything you wrote I can saw them doing it! Like scheming and ignoring the adults! :P .. I loved that Chuck had this idea and then got nervous about it! It was so cute! lol .. I really wanted to give him a hug during the whole fic! Scratch that. Lots of hugs! haha.. But he had Blair with him so he was fine! lol .. Like Tonya, I loved Blair's red coat with black buttons! It's so classic and chic. Just perfect for little Blair! .. The comparison between Harrold and Bart (that was Chuck's idea for his dad also) just broke my heart! That was so sad! Poor Chuckles! ... HE PUNCHED ANOTHER BOY FOR BLAIR? I love you! lol .. No I mean it, I love you! xD .. I really believe that when Chuck and Blair were kids they would pissed each other a lot but they would still be very close friends, supporting each other! :) So that was awesome!... Chuck's rare front-tooth-missing grin just made my day! lol .. aww and ofc hand-in-hand! Just think of them in their designer little cute outfits holdings hands..I just want to squeeze them.. hahaha..

Also I loved Arthur's part in it too! I always like Arthur..(though I didn't knew him but only as Chuck's ) But he was really funny being ordered around by seven year olds and being nervous about it too.. :P .. Also you fixed his image too. at least for me.. the scene is season 4, where Chuck talked to him about his and Blair's sex life was kind WEIRD! I was like "wtf is C telling to his driver?" when I first saw it.. :P .. But I guess if they was like this he's kinda like a really close "uncle" to Chuck so I guess it's ok.. LOL

The part where Blair and Chuck walked alone in the street's was bit scary..especially when they kinda lost each other! Poor Arthur must had a heart attack btw! lol .. Ok how sad is that a 7 year old Chuck hasn't got to Bass Industries not even one time? .. And I seriously believe this would have happen to the show too..if you know what I mean..And when he got excited when he saw the building? :( *mentally hugging little Chuck now* (LOL)

Awww..Chuck let go of Arthur's hand and went and took Blair's! God this was so so cute! xD

I adore that you made Blair act so ladylike even if she's 7 year old!

"He's never around on my birthday," Chuck said, remembering the elaborate presents and gorgeous cakes. "Or on Christmas."

Blair frowned, wondering where a parent could be on their son's birthday—or any holiday, for that matter. "Maybe," Blair paused, looking thoughtfully out the floor-to-ceiling windows, "maybe he's got another job. Maybe," and here, Blair's eyes lit up, as her imagination ran wild, as it was prone to doing, "your daddy helps Santa during Christmas. He helps him deliver all the toys, and that's why he can't be around. He makes sure you get extra-special toys, though.

First of all I felt bad for Chuck telling this to Blair.. But OMFG! I laughed for a good 10 min with this one..I pictured Bart with a big green and red/white/green clothes helping Santa...LMAO.. God I can't breath! xD

Well Bart's first reaction was as expected.. *shake head*

OMFG I love Blair Waldorf!

Blair rushed after him immediately, but upon reaching the door, turned back, her expression one of childish anger.

"Mr. Bass," she began in a tone that he had never heard from a seven-year-old before, "Chuck really wanted to spend time with you. He asked me to bring Dorota's hot chocolate and raspberry passionfruit jam bars because he knows they're your favorite. And we got Oliver to make sandwiches, too."

The look of shock on Bart's face was a rarity, one that Blair herself had never seen before.

"You're lucky to have someone like Chuck," Blair said with finality, and she walked down the hallway with more confidence than a twenty-seven year old intern after telling off Bart Bass.

She's is amazing! (You are amazing actually but you know what I mean! xD ).. 7 year old Blair FTW! xD

"We have a blanket we can sit on. And we're both wearing coats," she declared .. She's acting so ladylike! She's so so so cute! hehe..Blair was trying to cheer Chuck up! (at this point I have to say that I couldn't stop smiling! Seriously my cheeks .. And I love that Arthur conspired with Blair! :)

LoL.. she gave money to Arthur to get them chocolate? So cute! hehehe... And Blair is missing two teeth! I imagined that they are from the mandible(? .. I dont know how you are saying .. So we have Chuck and Blair with missing teeth! How Bart could say no to this is beyond me! xD

And then...OMG! Bart came to them! Awww..." Thank you Bart! I knew you will make the right choice in the end!" .. lol .. I was so happy in the end it's ridiculous! :P .. "he watched Blair lightly chastise Bart's pronunciation of Croque Monsieur and heard Chuck's laughter, a rare sound, indeed." .. That was SO SO SO BEAUTIFUL! Bart hold one of them at each hand Blair correcting him while Chuck is laughing! Beautiful!

"That was the best Christmas picnic, ever."" .. I think so too!

I absolutely LOVED it Steph! It was marvelous! And now I want you to write more one shots with Blair and Chuck as kids! LOL xD

Btw I loved the other too Christmas oneshots you do! I'm going to review them too.. Ohh and I'm kinda nervous about my review cause I think you expected something better than me telling you that I loved everything.. but this is what I think so.. hahaha.. Is Tonya's fault! I told you I'm not a good reviewer! :P

Anyway, thank you SO SO much for this Amazing Christmas gift hun! Love youuu! (sorry for any mistakes)

Talk to you on Twitter.. as always! hehe

epicCHAIR chapter 3 . 12/18/2010
omg this fic is great! i luv chair please ud soon
nondescriptf chapter 3 . 12/17/2010
this is a great interpretation of a young Chuck and Blair. I thought Blair was entirely charming, Chuck sufficiently incorrigible, and the story endearing.
harpotter chapter 3 . 12/17/2010
Aww, so cute! Seven-year-old Chuck & Blair are just fabulous. I loved how Bart eventually made it to the "picnic". And of course the end was pure awesomeness. (:
ChairLoveK chapter 3 . 12/17/2010
I wish GG would do flashbacks to when Chuck and Blair - and the rest of the crew - were younger. As this story proves, they'd be adorable! And I want to see that Chuck and Blair have always had a special connection, like we all like to believe they did.

Chuck only feeling comfortable enough to hold Blair's hand? That's so cute!

Aww it's so sad when Chuck's all disappointed.

But yay for Blair making him happy! SO SWEET! :)
101 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »