Reviews for Professor Strife
momonster chapter 41 . 1/14
Omg I love this fic~
poppykiller chapter 41 . 1/14
*gasp*
No Cloud! Don't stab him!
StarDotStar chapter 40 . 1/14
I've been thinking about this review since this chapter came out, trying to word it correctly, trying to word it even CLOSE to acceptably, for how much this means to me. Now that you've updated again, I decided I should stop trying to get it right. "Perfect is the enemy of Good Enough," after all.

Anyway, I just wanted to tell you how much Cloud being aro here means to me. I'm thirty years old, and still not sure about my orientation. I KNOW I'm on the asexual spectrum. Maybe not fully asexual, but further on it than demisexual, which my mum is. I'm still not sure about my romantic orientation, but for a number of years now (basically since I heard of it), I've been pretty confident I'm aro. But at the same time, I've kind of been afraid to do much in-depth research. You know the story most aces say, about how for a lot of their life they looked around at all the non-aces, and felt broken? Yeah, that. But even once I found out that asexuality was a recognised (by some, and we all know there's a few who don't even recognise homosexuality as a legitimate orientation, let alone anything else that's not hetero) also a crippling fear that I STILL wouldn't fit, if I looked into it too deeply. Or alternatively, that it would fit SO well, that I'd have to ask those scary existential questions, similar to the ones I've been avoiding about my autism, like how much of my personality is formed by it, how much of 'me' is just Standard Autistic Things, that sort of thing.

Yeah, there's a fair few serious anxieties I... just kinda try to ignore enough to function in everyday life - or at least enough to fake functioning.

At the same time, despite all that, good aro and ace representation has become as important to me as autistic representation did, most of two decades ago.

So seeing an interpretation of one of my old favourite heroes, a person that is flawed, riddled with doubts and anxiety, missing pieces of themself, but still SOLDIERing on (heh) - seeing an interpretation of them as aro, and thinking "hey, nothing in VII contradicts this, and not only that, but this fits JUST as well as Cloud being straight, gay, or bi does!" That was a revelation - that a person I relate to as much as Cloud (not on the badarse aspects, just the unreliable brain ones) could be like this? Huge. But to continue: "Not only that, but the author didn't bash us over the head with it by boiling every facet of Cloud's character down to his orientation, like some other interpretations of assumed-hetero-in-canon characters with non-hetero orientations I've seen. He was just uncomfortable in situations where it actually APPLIED." More, the fact that I didn't get the hints you were dropping until you were explicit about it, then went back and saw them all making sense gives me a little more sureness about myself, because when I read him being uncomfortable I just thought it FIT, because ANYONE would be uncomfortable in those situations, right? (No, a lot of people would be thinking at least SOME thoughts about either romantic or sexual things, because that's how most people's brains apparently work - or such is my understanding)

I honestly don't even care if you're planning on having Sephiroth be the exception because Jenova. Okay, that's a lie, I care a bit - even if you keep the attraction, you don't HAVE to make it romantic or sexual - you can quite easily have it platonic, and that's what I'd honestly prefer - but you're already ahead on representation as far as I'm concerned.

So yeah, this wasn't the review I WANTED to leave, the one I wanted to leave would not only be more eloquent and concise, but would have some actual constructive criticism (which I always struggle with leaving). But it's the one my hands typed, once I got started. Enjoying this story immensely, and loving that you came back to it.

Thank-you for this, from the bottom of my ace and possibly aro little heart.
UnLike Us chapter 41 . 1/14
I'm glad to see that you've come back to updating this story. I love the idea of using Cloud's knowledge as a physician which he acquired in his search for a cure of geostigma. I also liked the fact that he doesn't overestimate his own abilities and that you point out his insufficient knowledge for his new job. I seem to recall there being a scene where he attended the university lectures which I thought was a very nice touch, but I can't find it anymore. Either I'm confusing it with another story or it was in one of the chapters you removed. Oh well.

I rather like that there is unrequited love in this story. And it's so typical that Cloud is the one that cannot return those feelings either. It gives this story more of a sense of realism then if every thing had sorted itself easily and if all the feelings had been mutual. I get the feeling there's something more going on between Denzel toward Zack than mere respect though...

I wonder what Tifa's role in this story will be? It's kind of interesting because now there are two people with unrequited love for him. Her presence here does seem to lighten the burden on Cloud though. Vincent is a reassuring presence but he's so invisible most of the time that it's almost as if he doesn't exist. What is he know? Aerith's shadow?

Tsung must be going. What? Tifa is Denzel's mother? I don't envy his position in figuring out what the heck is up with Cloud.

Genesis seems to be doing unusually well. I wonder what it was that he saw this time around that caused his change? The fall from the Shinra tower perhaps? Or is it the sight of Cloud and Denzel. For some reason I doubt that it is Cloud's words alone that had to the change.

It's fun to see Sephiroth's awkwardness towards Aerith. He said his fall and surrender to the possibility of of death put things into perspective. I suppose his interactions with her are the closest he's ever come to 'normal' with anyone.

I look forward to see how things turn out with angeal. His condition is really concerning and I can't see it being resolved easily.
UnLike Us chapter 40 . 1/14
Ok. I'll leave a proper comment on the next chapter. I just want to comment on one punctuation thing in this chapter because it bugs me to an unreasonable degree every time i read it.

"The two of them were flanking Denzel now, co-ordinating just enough that he could no longer flick his grip up and down his arm to easily block their strikes, forcing him to spin and twirl and all that other shit Cloud loved to avoid one blade while he concentrated on parrying the other."

I beseech you! Put a "," between "Cloud loved" and "to avoid"!

Gosh, it seems like such a petty thing when I mention it.
NatNicole chapter 41 . 1/14
Love this, love this, love this, love this, love this!
*gets knocked out by an annoyed Reno*
TyrantChimera chapter 41 . 1/13
Omnislash for the OP finisher! Seriously anyone would agree that's just hax. Hacking? Er, pun intended?
10th Squad 3rd Seat chapter 41 . 1/13
Zack?! Or maybe someone else...

Go Cloud! Beat some sense into Angeal!
Argh dammit! A cliffhanger... im suprised that hollaander hasnt popped up yet or that genesis hasnt tried to speak with cloud since his apology.
SandInTheEye chapter 41 . 1/13
Seeing that Delzel always have to be beaten by the First at least once, like a fashion. So, Masamune when?
LunarCatNinja chapter 41 . 1/13
I hope Zack can save Angeal... Especially since Cloud doesn't seem to being very willing at the moment.
Mystic 777 chapter 41 . 1/13
I'm going to guess Sephiroth this time. Poor Denzel, he just has awful luck with these firsts.
conan.lagace chapter 40 . 1/9
Damn it! It was just getting good
history chapter 40 . 1/9
Omg, cloud is an aro ( thank you so much)!
Sewarea chapter 40 . 1/9
wow updates have been so fast lately. I love this story and can't wait until Cloud shows up to save the day. Have a happy New Year
1,119 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »