Reviews for Last Christmas
JBCFlyers19 chapter 1 . 11/3/2012
Great piece. I enjoyed the read!
BrookeKerington29 chapter 1 . 10/30/2012
Technically it was a Bing search. Not really impressive but I guess they wanted Hannah to actually do something aside from sucking Booth's face off. Hannah as an idea wasn't bad, if only they hadn't used another love triangle the previous season, which was executed better that the whole B-B-H mess. I hated how they pitched B and H as BBFs. It would have been a hell of a lot more interesting if Brennan didn't give a damn about Hannah. I mean, Angela told Brennan before anyone else - including Hodgins - about the baby, Angela should have had more screentime that was not relating to the case.

Hannah is not a good charatcer, and some of that rubbed off onto to Booth. For one she was extremely rude and shallow when Brennan visited her in hospital. If that was me I'd stick the middle finger up at her. I hate how everyone seemed to love her. Surely Cam, having known Booth the longest and been in a relationship with him would have had opinions on this new woman. This is why I hate that they cut what was a very vital scene out of Daredevil. Someone hated Hannah. To this day, I find it stupid that Hannah would move in with Booth, be warned by Brennan and still reject his proposal. Moving in is a big step for a lot of couples.

Anyway rant over, this was an interesting 'After Hannah' piece. It was awkward like it should be. A lot of After Hannah fics seem to be have the forumla of 'I had a baby with you ex *face drop*'. When I did mine for a one shot, Brennan was really cold towards Hannah. Hannah did ignore what Brennan said and hurt Booth, which I don't think Brennan would be happy about. But unfortunately they were friends, which is why I like how awkward this conversation is. To be honest the only dignity Hannah had in her departure was wearing more than one item of clothing. And to be fair, she deserved to be kicked to the curb, mainly because she did not listen to Brennan.
penandra chapter 1 . 8/5/2011
I especially enjoy the twist in the story, the way you take them through a little encounter with delightful detail. I like that Brennan isn't letting him right in, but I also like that Hannah (like all of us) knew that it is going to have to be Brennan and Booth. But don't make him work too hard.

I'm not a Hannah-hater . . . I can understand meeting a man away from everything and taking his word for it that he's available that there might be some baggage "back there", but that he's moved on from all of that . . . and, if one is going to make a relationship work, taking his word for it. Then coming back (and on a whim) to what she found . . . I get that. What I don't get is what happened to Booth in S.6 -

I've been watching the earlier seasons, and I miss their bickering, the give and take, the stuff that made me laugh. I think I didn't laugh as much in S.6.

Certainly did not mean to get so deep in a review. But thank you for writing this one. I found you through Favorite stories of SarahBones, and am really enjoying your stories.

Thank you for sharing.
alexindigo chapter 1 . 7/30/2011
I completely agree! Booth needs to work to earn Brennan's trust. I don't see how she can even believe in love much less forever with him after the stunt he pulled with Perfect Barbie RIGHT AFTER giving her longing looks with his heart in his eyes and telling Brennan that 'you' will always love one more than the others.

Even now when they're supposed to be happy and expecting a baby together I really feel Booth needs to earn back Brennan's love and trust. I'm one of those ppl who believes that she loved him long before he did her so I can't imagine her pain at the crap he pulled in S6. So I'm hoping the writers will find a way to resolve that in S7, though I've learned by now not to hold my breath for HH and co to do anything remotely sensible when it. comes to our favourite pair. Sigh...thank you for sharing! )
Exuperance18 chapter 1 . 1/4/2011
I totally agree with you! I am -like you- not the kind to see the friendship between them but I liked the way you had your story turned out. I was surprised to find that Hannah was the 'other' and not Brennan for a change! And I must say that under the circumstances you draw, their friendship would make sense! Thanks ;)
bantam-shine chapter 1 . 1/4/2011
Really enjoyed this. You've captured Brennan & Hannah's voices perfectly. (And made Hannah more likable than on the show. Hehe.) I also agree; Booth's going to have to work to win Brennan back!
thatistheburden chapter 1 . 12/27/2010
You definitely had me thinking Brennan was the one who had been away. Loved the twist! It was a great story :)
tvgirlwpg chapter 1 . 12/17/2010
Good story, it's not a bad thing to have Bones and Hannah as friends. they just both happen to love the same stupid man.
ProfeJMarie chapter 1 . 12/16/2010
Well played, my dear Jena, well played! I liked the mystery and the interaction between Brennan and Hannah. And, because of your post-story author's note, I especially am thankful for this line in your story:

"But before she did, she watched Brennan take all of the bags from his right hand, shifting them to her right hand and slipping her left hand into his free hand."

Warm and fuzzy feeling right there.
BonesSarah chapter 1 . 12/16/2010
I thought it was Brennan back at first –- after all, a three month dig and a determined avoidance of Booth wouldn't be out of the question for her. But, I wasn't sure -– I thought surely in a oneshot you wouldn't be that cruel. And I thought there *must* be a reason you're avoiding character names in favor of he/she/him/her.

But I knew for sure that it wasn't Hannah with Booth when she tensed.

It takes talent as a writer to compress so much into a single non-verbal gesture.

And I'm glad that Hannah noticed because I'd like to believe she's that perceptive. Because, if she is, she'd notice the connection between Booth and Brennan. Maybe she already has, but is simply choosing to ignore it. I hope that, starting in January, it'll get progressively harder for her to ignore it.

Thank you for writing a Hannah that I can respect.

And thank you for writing a Brennan that I can respect. Not that I wouldn't respect her if she let Booth in right away, I just think that it'll take time for her to trust him again. It's not ideal, but it's realistic. The held hands gave just the right amount of hope to your readers. :-D

Oh, and perfect ending line –- loved that it linked it back to 6 X 09.

~Sarah
Tadpole24 chapter 1 . 12/16/2010
Ah Christmas fics...where have you been all year? :)

I loved this, not only because it has a happy ending, but also because it addresses something which I wish more people could see...the fact that Brennan cannot simply melt into Booth's arms once Hannah's gone.

The only circumstance I'll accept that on is if there's a giant fight of Booth/Brennan proportions before the melting. hehe

But seriously, great piece.

Thanks for writing,

Em

xx
sunnyamazing chapter 1 . 12/16/2010
Loved this, I thought it was Brennan watching Hannah and Booth until the line where Hannah noticed Brennan tense at Booth touching her!

I thought this was very good and I would very much like this to be happening by next Christmas, well I'd like this Christmas but unfortunately that's not happening :(
chymom chapter 1 . 12/16/2010
I agree. Love this take. In a way I hope it goes like this and in a way I want her gone. Don't get me wrong they might be able to pull another Cam. But I see it more like she trys the friend thing and it doesn't work so she leaves on ok terms.

That being said more stories soon?
etakkate chapter 1 . 12/15/2010
Agree with your thoughts 100% loved your story too! it most definately will take some serious effort for him to convince brennan he isn't going to fall immediately in love with the next barbie who happens to swagger past. love it! please may we have more!
phalangescrossed chapter 1 . 12/15/2010
this was a great read! i was totally tricked by your shenanigans! (for serious, though. i just like the word shenanigans, rather than something that may be more relevant)

thanks so much for sharing! please write some more!