Reviews for A Lantern Once Lit
gracie chapter 1 . 3/25
This was so wise and so so so so beautiful. its one of the best fanfics i have ever read in my entire life...its so amazing...ill read it again before my marraige :) :* thank you soo much :)
NeverBeenMerelyPretty chapter 1 . 10/23/2013
Very sweet story! I love it :D
Tish the Dish chapter 1 . 7/25/2013
I love this story! It was sweet and poignant and so meaningful. Definitely one of my favorites!
Tish the Dish chapter 1 . 3/13/2013
I loved this piece. So powerful and poignant. So deep and heartfelt. We don't hear alot from the matriarch of the family and this did not disappoint.

Some of my favorite lines:
"I know my son well, but I have only see the surface of his soul," Esme confided, "only his true love will have the power to look within his soul."

"...irrefutable strength, softened by care, kindled by age." ( in speaking about Carlisle)

"She did not stumble once." (Bella walking to meet Edward)...this was powerful on so many levels. Loved it!
abbyweyr chapter 1 . 10/22/2012
Such a beautiful mother daughter talk.
TriendelaMare chapter 1 . 6/16/2012
I loved this; so cute. Bella usually bugs me in fan fics like this but this was perfect.
LillyVale chapter 1 . 1/22/2012
"She would not want a man who was painfully perfect in every way, for no man who was perfect could ever truly need a woman to complete him."

This SO TRUE! Well said!
doctorlovely chapter 1 . 1/14/2012
This was a beautiful piece. I have to admit, Bella is probably my least favorite character in Twilight. Strange, I know. But the conversation with Esme made me like her a bit more. Also, I loved thinking about what Esme was thinking as she looked off into space. In my mind, Carlisle! It also reminded me how young they are, which was interesting to think about. A twenty-six year old giving advice about eternal love to an eighteen year old!
me insane chapter 1 . 1/9/2012
Very nice
play-the-game-long-enough chapter 1 . 11/30/2011
Teehee that was sweet. I'm sure Bella will model her mothering skills after Esme when she's raising Renesme. :D

That would actually be really funny to see Bella having this kind of convo with Nessie when she's about to marry Jake one day. AWK-WARD!
chess mcghee chapter 1 . 11/24/2011
That was really fun to read but it still had a great message embedded in it. Never settle for someone to marry unless your sure they are your one soul mate.

I love how Bella didn't trip at the end. That was actually, I thought the best part.
animalsforlife chapter 1 . 11/22/2011
That was really great! Even after the movie of Breaking Dawn part one I don't think there was enough of Esme and Bella moments in it...Actually there were like...zero. That makes me kind of sad because when you think about it, Renee is Bella's biological mother but she wasn't really with her through a lot of her life, but even she got a bigger role than Esme it seemed in the beginning half of the movie. Meanwhile Esme is on the line protecting Bella, and she's going to be her mother figure for the rest of eternity so she should really have had more screen time with Bella in their mother/daughter roles.
festivusmiracle chapter 1 . 11/14/2011
I wholeheartedly agree with you on this point-and seeing it put into a story was a real treat. Good job, and thanks for writing!
solider oliver chapter 1 . 11/3/2011
Aw I thought this was so sweet. The best line was the ending: she did not stumble once. What a great step into womanhood and maturity for Bella as she committs herself to Edward for the rest of their life.
overlace chapter 1 . 10/26/2011
I loved this story a lot. It was very classy and well written and it kept true to the characters.

I would love to see a sequel/second chapter in which Carlisle talks to Edward about the marriage.