Reviews for Those Whom the Gods Desire
Oliata chapter 19 . 9/2
I am just discovering this story for the first time, and wow.. I am completely enamored! I love the way you write the characters, and I especially love how elements of canon are brought in (e.g., the tailed beasts as deities? ugh, so cool and interesting). Really looking forward to seeing where the story goes!
smileysgoboing chapter 18 . 8/7
Best decision of my life to reread this story! I got so excited when I saw your authors notes from this year and especially when I saw that you said you were going to update! I love this story a lot - the worldbuilding amazes me every time, and I'm so curious as to what happens next and who/what Gaara and Naruto actually are. Keen to read the next chapter and I hope you've been well :)
Seltap chapter 19 . 6/18
I'm so sorry, but I'm just going to have to be another demanding reader begging for an update.

I am only teasing, I can only imagine how hard you must be working to finish this story. I read this story a few years back, but stopped a few chapters in due to my busy schedule. Yet, as soon as I picked it back up again I just couldn't stop!

Clever is one of the first, of many, words that come to my mind. I have never read, or watched, another story with this idea. It's brilliant, and extremely interesting. It is always a huge bonus in my book if the author comes up with a completely original idea, and you steal the show on this site with this one! It didn't take long for me think, "Hey, I would still really enjoy reading about Sakura and her tasks, even if there was no romance involved." ...but please do keep the romance, GaaSaku interactions are priceless, thnx.

That being mentioned, I enjoy the characters a lot too. I will admit, I do find Gaara a little OOC, but hey I'm not complaining. I still adore how you write him, and since this an AU, it's completely justified how you write him whether his character was changed purposely, or not. Sakura is a strong woman in this that I cherish seeing, and even characters I don't necessarily cared for in the Manga are enjoyable to read here. I love how the God, and temple, each character devoted themselves to is fitting, as well as how each God has a little quirk/trait of their own.

The story moves along well, pace is good, and the grammar is top notch. (Though you don't need me telling you this! Lol)

I could just go on, and on, but I'll end it here. You have great talent in writing! I seriously feel like I'm reading professional work.

Also, I personally feel you tackled a obstacle a lot of writers face. I feel that writing Fanfiction is much easier than writing an original story with new characters because we base the fanfic on characters already developed in the reader's mind. We already, most if us anyway, have a connection to these characters. We look up stories of Naruto, Sakura and Sasuke because we already understand their back story and character and want to read more about them, canon or not. Even if your story doesn't have new characters, I would simply fall in love with all of them even if they were new, thought-up people. Personally, I think for any author, getting a reader to enjoy their character(s) will be the hugest factor as to whether their work is enjoyed, or not. For a lot of writers, that's a hard thing to accomplish. We're fortunate a lot of us here are allowed to borrow persons from someone elses work. For most of us Naruto writers, Kishimoto did the hardest part for us. Yet, I do believe you nailed making us love some of these characters all over again.

You're a wonderful writer! Can't wait for more!
That Legend Died chapter 19 . 3/23
Having started reading "Redheaded Misadventures" I decided to check out some of your other works and this one caught my eye. I'm glad that you're writing again and I look forward to the continuation and completion of this story. Now I have two of your stories that I'll follow faithfully. I'll try to review the chapters as they come now that I'm caught up on both stories.
i wish anime guys were real chapter 19 . 7/24/2015
I want to cry because I saw the date of the last update, but I also want to know how you are doing these days; the last chapter you wrote mentioned surgery. Have you been well? I'm sure that there are many that wonder the same thing. In regards to your story, know that I greatly appreciate the dedication you put into your story. Your vast knowledge of lexeme has me learning (and hopefully remembering) more intelligent sounding speech XD I don't want to push you to update as I see that it has been a while, but I wonder if you still have a plan for the story? You left a lot of loose ends that irk me to no end; I can't figure out for the life of me the significance of certain events in the story, though I know they hold great value. Your delivery is great when it comes to writing; you truly have the writing style of a professional writer. I hope that even if you do not continue this story, the readers may find some of your work on the shelves; whether or not we know if it's you!
moonfairy014 chapter 19 . 7/16/2015
amazing! Very unique and well balanced! I hope you haven't abandon this
Guest chapter 19 . 6/10/2015
please update
i'm dying to know the continuation of this
Los Grotos chapter 2 . 4/19/2015
He seems to be really into her. Tsunade should be more careful about letting her apprentice go off alone.
Los Grotos chapter 1 . 4/19/2015
Oh my. Ride boy, thoughtful girl.
Guest chapter 19 . 1/28/2015
I really love this story please continue it I'm dying to know what happens
Guest chapter 19 . 12/3/2014
is this discontinue?
aww this was such a good story too bad too bad
smileysgoboing chapter 19 . 5/10/2014
This is such an amazing story, it's actually one of my favourite Naruto fics here. I think you've done a great job keeping everyone in character (or as much as possible in an au) and this universe is brilliant and very original. I've never read anything like it, and I love how you've managed to incorporate elements of the Naruto universe into the world, but still have it so different and unique - I really like how you've used religion.
I'm also enjoying the relationship between Gaara and Sakura a lot, and I'm really interested to see how everything plays out, especially with who/what Gaara and Naruto really are.
Anyway, this is a fantastic story and I love your writing :)
Pain's Rebel Angel chapter 19 . 4/20/2014
Ne, I feel so disappointed! I read this today and was like, "Hell yes awesome story!" Then, I realized you haven't updated in so long DX
Caeria chapter 19 . 1/12/2014
Sad that the story doesn't look like it will ever be updated. But I enjoyed reading the nineteen chapters that you did have. It was great story, cut down in its prime. :-) But you know, I think I'll do a follow on it just in case you decide to pick it up again.

Thanks for the afternoon read.
onyxgirl22 chapter 19 . 12/2/2013
I'm another person who would like to say how much I love this story. You have made such a great world. It allows the characters to keep their abilities, but the abilities have new meaning here. The character interactions are are very realistic in your work. Please update!