Reviews for The Ballad of Love and Hate
ashmo2000 chapter 17 . 8/25/2016
Going home after being away for awhile made Sookie appreciate what she left behind, I hope Sookie does visit more often. Eric seems to have something he's not saying too. Wonder what it is? Did Eric not realize Sookie was crying while they were having sex? Maybe Sookie was telling Eric her feelings the whole time and didn't realize it. Then again maybe Eric is feeling the exactly the same and no explanation was needed? Whatever it is I can't wait to find out!
Misspetarcade chapter 17 . 7/15/2015
I loved this story and I am again saddened that it ended at that part. But I am glad that they got together before you stopped writing!
tanseynz chapter 17 . 9/22/2014
I've both Favourited and Followed this story because I think you're worth it, no matter how long it takes to update. Your Eric is so very real, fallible and yet endearing...
Anaman chapter 17 . 11/25/2013
Hi, I just found this story and I just couldn't stop reading it! I love it and I notice that you didn't update since a while, so please please pretty please, let us see how this young yet strong relationship evolves :)
Thank you for writing this beautiful story!
peppermintyrose chapter 17 . 11/1/2013
Sookie’s trip home sounds so wonderful and Gran’s place beautiful. I smiled at the mischievous Gran trying to pry information out of her - and she clearly has a source from Pam, who we just know is going to dish the full honesty. She didn’t get anything out of Sookie, but I’m sure she’s got the inside track with Pam.

I liked the way that you described Sookie’s time with her family. I can relate to those sorts of nights myself, where the kids get to sleep somewhere weird, and the adults get to talk and catch up. I really like the unusual situations that you bring to your stories. They’re not generic, while still being incredibly personalised. I think that lends something to the unique nature of your ballad.

Lol - Sookie made me smile with how much she continues to calculate things. Poor Eric having to wait on her call because she’d decided some sort of arbitrary rule about stuff. I feel sorry for him and his battered feelings. I doubt he’s going to instantly react and react badly, but still, that can’t feel good.

Then she gets back, and decides to take the plunge. Maybe in some ways, what she did was a little bit of a test, even if she didn’t know it - to see if Eric would break and comfort himself within a couple of hours, or whether he’d actually wait and not break her heart. He might have a little bit more of an easy time of it now.
bethelove chapter 17 . 8/5/2013
Nice story so far and hope to read more soon...
LostInSpace33 chapter 17 . 7/22/2013
Wow...all I can say is WOW! I only just discovered this story and I'm actually glad I didn't know about it before and was able to sit down and read 17 chapters straight without interruption (instead of over the 2 1/2-year period that they were posted.) It's absolutely wonderful and has brought me to tears - some of sadness and others of sheer frustration - more than once. I can't tell how often you update, but I will say that I am dying to read the next chapter, to see what the aftermath of them finally sleeping together will be. I pray that Sookie will once and for all stop lying to herself and open up fully to him...he's so worth it (and so is she.)

I don't usually do this with a story until it's complete, but I'm adding this one to my favorites now because it's worth reading even if it's never finished...though I hope that won't be the case! ; )
octoberdog chapter 17 . 7/12/2013
Great story, very well-written. Really hope you update soon!
TNS chapter 17 . 7/10/2013
Omg. I can't take a shower before I leave for work because I started reading this as soon as I got up and oils t put it down. I can't believe I did t know abou this story. Please update soon. What was he going to say on the phone while she was away?
Miral chapter 17 . 6/22/2013
Oh wow. So at this point I'm sick of SVM. I'm long over True Blood. I find myself unable to read 99% of fanfic (including much of my own, tbh) but I am so, so enjoying being a voyeur to these two. Thank you for the update. I know this is totally counter to the ff way, but I find myself really appreciating the pace of updates. It makes me happy knowing there's something more to look forward to. And updates to this story shouldn't be rushed as much as savoured.
doyle13 chapter 17 . 6/19/2013
SO exciting to get updates! Hope more are coming :)
ArmyGirl2010 chapter 17 . 6/18/2013
Love your story, I always love angst!
ArmyGirl2010 chapter 7 . 6/18/2013
Por Sookie, my heart bleeds fot her
twodognite chapter 17 . 6/16/2013
l think it was a beautiful chapter, and hope his intensity means he is feeling the same way as she.
Hollow-eh chapter 17 . 6/16/2013
Now that you've brought these two together after 2.5 yrs, please keep going forward. I enjoy how you mix the music, and how you use spare details to bring out the story without agonizing after every detail. I look forward to the next chapter.