Reviews for The Dark Muse
Anna Faze chapter 8 . 11/6/2011
I love a Harley as much as the next girl, but I smiled wide when I saw he rides a Triumph :)

I always thought playing the piano would feel like that but Edward's little pills made me sad. Strangely I feel more worried for him than for Bella - maybe I like him better because he plays guitar and rides a Triumph? It's possible :)

The garlic was a nice nod (unless I'm mistaken?).

Onwards -
Anna Faze chapter 7 . 11/6/2011
I'm so glad Victoria let her go, I was worried she had a financial hold over Bella somehow.

I'm so curious about what the mural says (hmmmm, did Edward paint it - don't answer that, just thinking aloud!).

Love the emotional depth of this story.
Anna Faze chapter 6 . 11/6/2011
I could cry. Poor Bella. And Charlie. Heartbreaking - especially her not being able to remember him clearly. So sad that that happens.

Scary, him being in her apartment, even though we knew he'd been in there. Scarier from her point of view.

Your imagery is like poetry and sometimes I have to stop and read a phrase a couple of times to really appreciate it before moving on.
Anna Faze chapter 5 . 11/5/2011
"It's like a Greek myth exploded on her head ..."

"Wraps herself in nonchalance ..."

You have a gift. It's lovely :)
Anna Faze chapter 4 . 11/5/2011
Can't. Stop. Reading.
Anna Faze chapter 3 . 11/5/2011
"She doesn't usually have the luxury of choosing .." This line made we want to cry. Poor Bella - how did she become who she is.

Truly engrossed in your story. You paint such vivid images with your words, but more than that I can feel the breeze and smell what she smells.

Just exceptional.
Anna Faze chapter 2 . 11/5/2011
All of it, but these bits in particular:

Her eyes unfocus as she stares through the stacked books, minutes ticking by silently, her mind meandering, thoughts wandering, sifting for comfort.

She spies a little patch of blue sky above her and stares at it as clouds roll themselves into ever more complex patterns in an effort to engulf the gap among them. She listens to the rustling of the tree above and the whispering of a creeping vine that winds its way up the wall and onto the roof of the building that she cleaves to.

Each day of the past few stressful weeks has pried one more nail from the lid of the coffin she'd sealed herself in so long ago. All the little incidents are adding up, the stack becoming unstable the higher it grows.

I think you're brilliant. This is just an absolute pleasure to read. Your description of the graffiti and the way it wound through the whole chapter is fabulous.
Anna Faze chapter 1 . 11/5/2011
Complete and utterly intriguing from the first line to the last. He sends a shiver up my spine!

Your writing is so lovely - beautiful, lyrical and just flows so easy. I'll bet it's harder than it looks :)

Thanks for sharing, can't wait to read MORE!

xx
mostly a lurker chapter 21 . 10/28/2011
I have but one word for you: beautiful.

Mal
mostly a lurker chapter 14 . 10/27/2011
Powerful, powerful chapter. Grueling, grisly descriptions. Hard to breathe through some of it. Choking her with her own hair? A masterful touch.

Wow. Just wow.

Mal
jmaiolae chapter 20 . 10/26/2011
"No matter if she should crash and burn to cinders, she wants to breathe his air." Your words are so powerful. I love that she thought back to the mural and the vines! I feel the green & dampness surrounding them, just like that golden haziness from the city. Thank you so much, I truly love & treasure this beautifully written work...I'm sad its over.
jmaiolae chapter 17 . 10/25/2011
Yay! I found your story on TWCS and have been following there for updates. Sooooo thankful to katinki for mentioning The Dark Muse with the ffn link! I love your story & characters. Lucky me its complete! Thank you!
MissWinkles chapter 21 . 10/25/2011
I don't know what took me so long to review. I read this again when you posted, and again just now! I think I'm speechless, which is why reviewing is so hard. There's no "I wish they'd" or "why didn't you"? It's all quite complete and lovely.

And that love scene, and I'll call it that because 'lemon' or 'shmexing' seems too silly or trivial, was beautiful. It takes a lot of talent to write something heartachingly beautiful but still hot at the same time. (slapping hairy balls or no). Anyway, you did it. It's lovely lovely lovely. If only *sigh*

And now that's it? Sad face. Epic sad face. But, I'm still you're number one fan and am still excited to see what's coming next. Apart from Garrett/Edward *squelch*, I'm still intrigued about SSWard. Is he still around?

Anyway. Enough rambling. Well done wifey.

love x
katinki chapter 21 . 10/24/2011
DAMN IT. I have no chapters left. I do not like this... ending of the story business. ;) I want more. LOL.

No, really. Fantastic story. Lovely writing, fresh plot, characters I really grew to care about, and the ending felt just right.

I'm just sorry that I didn't start this when it was a WIP. I'd have loved to have experienced all the fun and excitement of reading in progress. So much more fun that way. Alas. But still, wonderful journey.

*clicks favorite*

Kate
katinki chapter 20 . 10/24/2011
Love how even now, you're not making it easy. As it should not be. Too many fic writers write the big scene and then wind up with unrealistic hearts and flowers. I love that you're going the tougher, IMO better route. It means more.

Thanks for writing.