Reviews for The Dark Muse
auroraboralis chapter 2 . 12/31/2010
Great chapter! Very intriguing!
auroraboralis chapter 1 . 12/31/2010
Very creepy!
Nrbl1 chapter 2 . 12/30/2010
This is very good! So she works as an escort and she got herself a creepy stalker trying to cause her harm/ death with his freakin deadline!

Also assuming that sparky is Alice, and that they are mostly in the same business ?

So how far off base am I ?
Nrbl1 chapter 1 . 12/30/2010
Sounding really interesting. I'm thinking that chappie was in James POV.
nerac chapter 2 . 12/30/2010
Good gracious, Alby, you've got a way with words. I am so very intrigued on why Bella is Marie. Who Sparky is... and who killed poor Mike the dog! Though I've got a few ideas, I'm so looking forward to finding out more of the story. :)

Thank you for writing, sweets! Hope you and your family had a wonderful holiday!

xo

caren
saranic chapter 2 . 12/28/2010
You are creating such a mystery that has me waiting for more.

So much to uncover and figure out. Looking forward to how it plays out.

Thanks for the update.
BoydBlog chapter 2 . 12/27/2010
Woah A, I love the descriptions and emotions you evoke as Marie touches the brick wall. How do you make such a bland and unexciting thing sound thoroughly divine- sublime even? I love your words, I want more of them quickly - you know me, I'm demanding and blunt. Lol

Luv BBxx
Lulu1709 chapter 2 . 12/27/2010
Great chapter :)
ms-ambrosia chapter 2 . 12/26/2010
I'm still so so excited that you are posting this! I can't wait to read the next chapter. The mystery you are writing is done so beautifully and you have such a clear vision of your characters. :)
writingbabe chapter 2 . 12/26/2010
Okay ... I'm intrigued. You've infused these two chapters with mystery, and enough hints to give the reader ideas, but no certainty.

I'm looking forward to the next chapter.

all best,

writingbabe
Sunsetwing chapter 2 . 12/25/2010
Curious as to what will be coming next
lisamichelle17 chapter 2 . 12/24/2010
Thank you so much for writing and sharing this chapter. I am thoroughly enjoying the suspense feel that this story has. You have me so intrigued. A few of my thoughts:

1) I love your Marie. She sees so much beauty in her new surroundings. It feels like a new start for her and I have to thank Victoria from getting her away from her old apartment but I also hate that Victoria will expect payment in one way or another.

2) Your Marie has a dark past and I love how we are slowly learning about her. It is obvious that her friend, Spark, was extremely important to her. I am leaning to believe that Spark could have been Alice, just because of her appearances.

3) I also love the painting that Marie finds herself entranced with. I am curious at how did that painting because whoever that is could become very close to Marie. Whatever happened in her past definitely keeps people at a distance. I am excited to know about her past and for some reason I feel like her past is what drew her to her present. To be unknown. I have to admit that it feels like it is a sad and lonely existence to have but I think we all have something in our past that keeps things hidden.

4) I also am sad that Bella lost her dog, Mike. I do not think that it was coincidence that Mike was poisoned. I think Mike was killed by the man in the first chapter.

I am thrilled and excited at where you take us. Thank you, again.
mpg chapter 2 . 12/24/2010
*sigh* the imagery in this chap is just so lovely. Just when you are completely drawn in you have jc on a pony. It draws a quiet giggle from me each time I've read this. There is a magic in your words and in the world that u've created that makes it as interesting to read the fifth or sixth time as it was the first.
edwardsisobel chapter 1 . 12/19/2010
Alby, I had to come back and re-read and review. I loved it, what a great start. I loved the 3rd person POV, being in the mind of the obviously unstable character stalking Marie. It reminds me of the creepiness of the bad guys in a Jeffery Deaver novel, one of my favourite thriller writers. I'm dying to know who Marie is with at the cafe and obviously who is stalking her. Looking forward to reading more.

hugs

Suz xoxoxo
saranic chapter 1 . 12/18/2010
This was rec'd on edwardville and I'm so glad it was.

Very mysterious beginning. Looking forward to more.

Thank you.