Reviews for A State of Constant Repair
Aria DeLoncray chapter 8 . 10/14/2013
Great story!
Anne Raven chapter 8 . 6/22/2013
Great story! I figured I should leave a review since I liked it very much. It was brilliant how you filled up some of the gap between Sabriel and Lirael (I mean the books) because, although Lirael is great in her own way, 't'was Sabriel fans came to love first and we all hoped that Garth Nix let us in on what happened to her after the events of the first book. Cheers! I'm hoping to read more fics from you.
moonletters chapter 8 . 8/31/2012
MOAR.
Guest chapter 8 . 7/15/2012
Two things:
write some more &
, please write some more
kjwn chapter 8 . 2/23/2012
That was... reallly good. I felt you stayed true to the characters very well. There was conviction. Thanks for making them the Sabriel and Touchstone I know from the book and not just characters with the same nae and role but altogether different people. Thanks! Commends.
dwut chapter 8 . 1/6/2012
You finished! Congratulations!

And of course I loved it (because really, how could I not love some well-written Sabriel/Touchstone?) :) You picked a good stopping point, and I was glad they acknowledged that kingdom repairations would be an ongoing ordeal.

Love it! Great job!

dwut
Elemarth chapter 8 . 12/30/2011
Congratulations! It's always nice to finish a big project. I hope to see something new soon!
PerfectDisaster22 chapter 8 . 12/30/2011
I do so hate it when good stories end. It's a satisfying ending; I'm glad Sabriel and Touchstone set their boundaries and came to an agreement and it's great that all is well. But booooo, I don't want it to be over.

Here's hoping for more from you in the near future!
lAdY LuCiFeR sAn chapter 8 . 12/29/2011
Wonderful story! Worth the wait
dwut chapter 7 . 12/29/2011
Excellent! So happy to see that this story updated!

So what will Sab do next? Go after the next stone? Fall back into Touchsto-Torrigan's arms?

If the stones need equal sacrifice to repair themselves, those Great Stones in the reservoir are going to suck...

Can't wait for more!

-dwut
Irako of the Desert chapter 7 . 12/24/2011
That was a really awesome way of explaining how the Stones are repaired. No wonder it's such a grueling process!

The battle scene was suitably epic and had me on edge the whole time. Even though I know Sabriel has to win and survive, I still wondered how she would fare against the Dead, and for a second, I wasn't sure she would make it. Brilliant job, I can't wait for the next one.
PerfectDisaster22 chapter 7 . 12/23/2011
This chapter was very well done. I love the way you described the Nine Precincts, and the battle against the Dead was really well written. I love the way you rationalized the blood cancelling blood. And I like how Sabriel seems to have found healing of her own in the process. I can't wait to see what happens next!
Almondoil chapter 6 . 12/20/2011
Hey there!

First of all, do you know how hard it is to find well-written Sabriel fic? It's very, *very* hard, I tell you. So I was really happy when I stumbled upon this little gem of yours!

I love how in-character your Sabriel and Touchstone are. Your Sabriel remains true and proactive just like in the books. It's act now, think about it later (most of the time!). Which gets the job done! And Touchstone, he's trying to repair the Great Stones alone, isn't he?

I'm really glad Mogget decided to come along. As for rebinding Mogget with Saraneth, I'm glad you raised that point. I wondered about that too. Perhaps Sabriel didn't want to risk things getting awry? It *is* awfully risky.

Sabriel and Touchstone were very young when they had Ellimere, weren't they? A year or two after the Sabriel book ended, if my math is correct. I hope your story touches upon this! I think it was foreshadowed in the later chapters, by Mogget? It would be really interesting to see how a pregnant Sabriel gets around!

All in all, a solid, well-written fic. School *is* a harsh mistress, and I wish you all the luck. I have my undergraduate thesis to contend with as well, so I partly know how you feel! Study hard, and I hope you update soon!

Love,

Alex

P.S. Saw you on lj. Mind if I friended you over there? :)
dwut chapter 6 . 9/24/2011
Ah, Great chapter. Glad to see that she's not going to just stumble back to Touchstone blindly. She sure is smarter than that. (though the nasty little shipper in me is very excited for whenever that happens...)

Love the girl to girl talk with Karstel-Sab needed someone to talk to that wasn't that darn cat.

I was so glad to see this chapter up! Please update soon.
Irako of the Desert chapter 6 . 9/23/2011
Finally, Sabriel! Geez, it only took you a really long time to figure it out.

Lovely chapter, as always. I think my favorite line from this is "A difficult cause was so much scarier than a lost one." It's so true! At least if your cause is a lost one, you can be remembered as a martyr for it (and as an idiot, but that doesn't sound as romantic as being a martyr).