Reviews for Enclosed
Gotham'sProphet chapter 1 . 3/21/2014
You captured Sherlock's inner thoughts very well, and overall, short but enjoyable. Well done.
librarywitch chapter 1 . 9/12/2013
Glad I went back to the bottom of your Sherlock tales. Well done.
FarGreenCountrySwiftSunrise chapter 1 . 12/29/2012
GAH! Brilliant!
Zelda12343 chapter 1 . 12/8/2012
Too bad this never happened in the series.
I'm pretty sure this would be an impossible choice.
sevenpercent chapter 1 . 11/18/2012
OMG- the art of surprise, beautifully executed. Your writing is amazing.
Inconstant Logic chapter 1 . 8/8/2012
All right, everyone, settle down.

Clearly, what has happened is that Sherlock has just recieved an advertisement, offering samples for different scents! A type of aftershave, a shampoo brand, a new cologne. And it asks him to choose his favourite. Obviously.

...

-grins- Silliness aside, just brilliant. I admit, for awhile, I could only identify two of the locks of hair. I kept thinking "WHO has the dark hair?!" It took a lot of guessing (and some helpful hints from other reviews) to successfully determine whose it was. But you've done a fantastic job, here. I am constantly in awe of how you can create such instant and overwhelming tension in only a couple hundred words. Excellent.
Vader's Fallen Angel chapter 1 . 4/9/2012
Mycroft.

Sherlock has to choose his brother.
Spineless chapter 1 . 2/26/2012
Holy Jesus in a bathrobe. That was brilliant. A great start, I am violently enticed, but at the same time, I love the fact that it's a oneshot.
Spineless chapter 1 . 2/26/2012
mangaluva chapter 1 . 1/28/2012
That is just sadistic. Utterly sadistic. Moriarty, that utter bastard. I can never say it enough.
editor frog chapter 1 . 9/3/2011
This bit, along with "Imagined," makes for a great psychological thriller. Love those; write 'em myself when I can :)

I like how each also has a scent as well as the lock of hair; each has enough description to drive the point home, but (and this is what impresses me) you don't belabor it with too much. So often it's easy to get too descriptive (think Hawthorne's efforts with "The Scarlet Letter") and the fact that you know when to let the story tell itself says volumes.

Might be interesting to see the viewpoints from the three victims; to see what they think of the man that (supposedly) might save them from certain doom.
Caia Caecilia chapter 1 . 7/24/2011
I have to agree with your other reviewers this really is begging for a chapter 2 - I'd beg too if I thought it would help your plot bunny to start nagging you LOL. As usual brilliant writing convaying so much suspense and a feeling of foreboding in just a few lines - masterful.
Marlene chapter 1 . 5/25/2011
Beautiful. One of the best examples of the old English teacher admonition to "show, not tell" which I've seen-I love the way you describe Sherlock's actions in terms of their effects on the hair, keeping them the subject. You've built a lovely moment; the use of past tense and the incredible focus of the piece evoke the sense of a memory, giving it a tone of somber inevitability. The final touch of dry almost-humor in the final line caps it off like a punch line, helping to give the piece closure in spite of the lack of a concrete conclusion.

Again, beautiful.
gartter chapter 1 . 4/25/2011
WHOS HAIR IS IT? ARE YA GONNA UPDATE?
doctorjay chapter 1 . 4/17/2011
Chilling-how did Moriarty get these locks of hair? And is S. supposed to choose who lives or who dies?