Reviews for Love in the Time of Death Eaters
Thanks for writing. I just kind of wanted to let the readers and reviewers know that this story is nearly a decade old. So obviously the landscape of how we enjoy fanfics and consume fanfics is going to be a bit different. Yes the prompt is a bit OOC but that’s okay because fanfics are what you want it to be as a writer. And as a reader of fanfics you don’t have to continue this story. You don’t gave to leave a scathing review either. I’ve read a lot of fanfics in my time that has prompts that annoyed me to read but I know that other people enjoyed reading it no matter if I felt it was OOC. So I kept my opinion to myself no matter how much I wanted to comment about how much the prompt didn’t make sense. Yes, this premise was a bit dated. Hermione was a bit OOC at times but I think I give this fic more leeway because it’s been finished since 2012. And again the landscape of fandom was way different than now. And the type of social issues we are more passionate about now en masse we’re not necessarily at the forefront even ten years or so ago. That doesn’t mean we can’t be critical of aspects of fanfics from back then, that’s not what I’m saying at all. I’m just saying take the prompt and OOC aspects with a grain of salt and just enjoy the story for what it is. I have. Turn off what you perceive to know about the characters and get lost for a bit. And if that’s not your cup of tea. Move on. It takes a lot of skill and dedication to even see a story fully fleshed out and finished. Especially on your own time. I commend all the fanfic authors who do this for themselves and for their fellow fans. It’s a lot of work! So I want to thank this author too but finishing multiple stories. Thank ou for allowing us to escape into your fic and read it. It’s wonderful to be able to do that. There are a few American-isms and overlooking of canon plot points (i.e. Tonk’s being Draco’s first cousin) that are a bit of a head-scratcher but can be overlooked in that this is fanfic. It’s supposed to be for fun. Which for the most part this fic is. The prompt alludes to you exactly what type of Hermione and what type of Draco are present in this story. Thank you for your time, dedication, and for allowing fellow fans to continue reading your stories about Dramione. Have a wonderful week!
Can We Kiss Forever chapter 1 . 9/26
Today I just discovered this story and today is 2021-9-27!
Alisha chapter 24 . 8/5
This was very good to read I loved it
susiequsie0 chapter 16 . 6/20
Story is okay as far as fanfics go, but characters are OOC and language is clearly Americanizedass" vs "arse", overusage ofguys", and other things that canon characters would never say, etc.). There are also random things that differ from canon that I couldn't understand the point of that ultimately took me out of the experience (like Hermione being the only one who can Apparate for some reason after learning it directly from Dumbledore, with lessons not appearing to have taken place during sixth year). I couldn't continue with it.
MissDeafDreamer83 chapter 24 . 10/22/2020
OMG I love it! I have been reading it for few hours straight without interruptions! You did great job! :)
imnotahorcrux chapter 1 . 10/5/2020
(I posted my review unfinished)
What I'm trying to say is that Hermione's cons list started out with how Draco felt about her and not Harry and Ron's feelings when they found out. And that's saying something lmao
imnotahorcrux chapter 1 . 10/5/2020
lmao. Usually when writing a pros and cons list, the first bullet is always the priority, because it's what really stand out to you
xLaBellaVita chapter 24 . 9/10/2020
This was sooooo good! So happy I found it!
Guest chapter 24 . 6/5/2020
What a nice story! Harry and Draco's interactions were funny. By the way, you reached 800 reviews on November 25th, 2016. Congrats to finally reaching 900 reviews on June 5th, 2020!
statetech0 chapter 2 . 6/3/2020
I got hard reading Hermione yell "Fuck!"
triojediknights chapter 2 . 6/3/2020
Re-reading this again... and the smut depicting an innocent Hermione learning how to please Draco and herself is so adorable to behold!
CaliforniaTexasNorthCarolina chapter 2 . 6/3/2020
"I'm hot for you." Are these really English colloquialisms? It seems very... dated. Like, 1950s dated.
LawrenceDaddarioWatsonStewart chapter 2 . 6/3/2020
"Blowing his load"... It's cum, not a wad of cash!
StarPotterTwilightHunger chapter 1 . 6/3/2020
Hermione writing a Pro-Con list? Who is she, Rory Gilmore? I know she is practical, but come off it!
Katnibellamione chapter 1 . 6/3/2020
Your jumping off point in this fic seems very rushed and abrupt. And it is only exacerbated by the fact that your Hermione is very OOC. Since when has Hermione cared about sex or needed validation from not being a virgin? Your writing intrigues me, of course, but the plausibility of this premise is such a stretch, Elastigirl couldn't reach it without getting whiplash.