Reviews for This is Routine
Gianni Lee chapter 1 . 9/8/2011
I really love Feron's attitude throughout your story. Awesome story!
orgasmicgratz chapter 1 . 2/16/2011
_

you've made me love Feron. Didn't think it could happen, but... Ow. How he made it is mind boggling. Amazing little piece.
Hayvee Mettle chapter 1 . 1/5/2011
So painful... Very well-written. I'd love to see more of your writing.
112358132134 chapter 1 . 12/24/2010
wah, I feel bad for taking forever to review this after you linked it on LJ. I loved it immensely.

I know that this was a MK fill and that the fills tend to be short, but this is a prefect vignette. I enjoyed the disjointed narrative; it fits well with the dreary monotony of Feron's existence in custody. What's best is that he retains his sardonic wit, remaining flippant toward Tazzik et al to save Liara (and himself). From what little we've seen of him, I can't imagine him doing anything else.

To be critical, there are some (very minor) typos: "It was getting harder to breath" (breathe), "normally say toomuch", "man of principle. Dubious principals". They don't detract from the story at all.
Arona-ME chapter 1 . 12/19/2010
So many sandess, strength and hope in one man! Thank you for such touching story.
theifkingbakura1 chapter 1 . 12/16/2010
Awww poor Feron : Tazzik is such a *BEEP*

Like the fic *thumbsup*

any chance of a F!Shep/Feron fic?
Kit chapter 1 . 12/16/2010
So while it's not a secret that I love this, I think I should further explain why.

Tazzik. You didn't pull any punches (haha lame pun) with him. He is just as brutal and nasty as he is in the comic, not to mention hot-headed. And yet we feel a very small bit of sympathy, since Feron continues to provoke him. Is Taz still the bad guy? Obviously. But he's more than just a plot device.

The writing style is crisp and clean. Every bit of detail is useful and helps to set the tone or advance the plot; no extraneous flowery language, yet it still tugs at the heartstrings.

Feron himself. He truly makes the story (which is just as well, since it revolves around him) You've done a great job of capturing what we see of his personality and not only transferring it to this story, but showing how it slowly changes over time. When we see Feron in game, he is visibly traumatized, yet we see hints of his snarky self shine through. You captured that snark in a realistic way, showing how painful it is that the only defense this man has is his voice. Even that gets taken away at parts of the story, and that is truly heartbreaking.

The title. It showcases the tone of the story so well-reluctant acceptance.

This whole story is fried gold, a heartbreaking and wonderful job at filling in the blanks. Tottering off to go play the game now-I need to find a way to give Feron a hug.