Reviews for Dark Side of the Moon
Maximum Phantomhive chapter 1 . 6/11/2012
Cerberus Revised chapter 1 . 2/8/2012
This is such a lovely fic and so well written. I so appreciate the dimensionality you have given this couple in your depiction, showing both as human and not the caricatures they are so often reduced.

Showing Hiroki as tender and caring and Nowaki as vulnerable is what makes this piece so moving.

I thank you for showing Hiroki's perceptiveness and his understanding of his lover.

"Hiroki put his mug down and the younger man didn't even seem to notice Hiroki get up off the sofa, only looking up when the teacher came to stand in front of him, nudging at his knee so that Nowaki opened his legs for him to stand between. Setting aside their usual antics Hiroki looked down on him."

this was such a beautiful moment, profound in its simplicity.

The fact that the couple could exchange so much information in the simple articulation of each other's names is part of what makes them my favorite.

"A choked sob escaped from the clenched tight teeth that tried so desperately to keep the noise inside... And then another and another in a slow and heart-stopping way that reminded Hiroki of cracking ice, slowly breaking until Nowaki's shoulders sagged as he gave in and began to cry softly into the chest before him, making Hiroki freeze, the places where Nowaki's hands touched him burning."

You paint such an amazing picture of Nowaki's deep vulnerability, this quality that lies constantly just beneath his surface. It is part of what makes him such a deep character, this woundedness that he constantly tries to cloak with his stubborn strength. Wonderful depiction.

"Climbing into Nowaki's lap Hiroki pulled his lover's head forward, holding him as tightly as he could, doing the only thing he could think of. Nowaki pressed his eyes into crook of Hiroki's neck, nuzzling at the skin there, his mouth whimpering over the other man's collarbone.

"I...I'm warm and alive, h-hold me ok...?"whispered Hiroki, the words- caught in his throat, sounding like an offer and Hiroki hated that he couldn't do this. Couldn't comfort."

So wonderful that in this moment you allow Hiroki to step out of the world of words and into the physical realm where Nowaki lives to offer his uncomfortable comfort. The words that finally come are simple, but deep on so many levels. Nowaki's arms...

Loved the tiny intimate motions... rubbing toes over an ankle... the nonverbal communication speaks volumes.

The exchange about who dies first was both beautiful and so poignant.

"Hiroki was sure he would never find a better place even if he tried. Arms that were warm and so big that they could hold all of him without any trouble, enveloping him and making him feel safety he found nowhere else. The arms of the person that he loved to the point it drove him insane..."

Simply the most poetic of observations and so fitting to Hiroki's personality.

The end was perfect.

Thank you for writing such a wonderful Egoist moment.
Kitty in the Box chapter 1 . 1/3/2012
I was trying to keep my emotions in check until I arrived on this part

"Please don't die before me. I don't think I could take it..."

Hiroki tensed slightly.

And you think I could?

DAMN! The tears just kept pouring on my face. I couldn't stop anymore. I really love the plot you chose. this is the first time i am reading a JE fic with this plot and you chose well and you used it very effectively. the emotions and the reality of such thing happening was so close to home. i love the interaction here. i love everything you did to this fic.
Madame Masquerade 64 chapter 1 . 7/30/2011
Nowaki was crying. That is purely apocalyptic. Good story though!
x-Guitar-x-Girl-x chapter 1 . 2/22/2011
I love this story - it's so interesting to see a different side to Nowaki's usually cheerful character. I loved the way you presented Hiroki as a 'real person' with insecurities, doubt and uncertainties. Well done on a wonderfully deep and heartfelt story. It really opened my eyes to the depth of the characters, a depth the anime never seems to convey. Excellent.
Marcab chapter 1 . 2/16/2011
Ah! So. Beautiful. I love Nowaki and I am a little bit like Hiroki so my reactions were in step... I'm ridiculous and I feel great sympathy for people who feel ridiculous. lol That was a wonderful piece of writing- as always, as expected of you- and i read it in one breath... and the ending was so sweet and ... natural... things returned to normal without feeling forced, which is a BIG deal after something so heartbreaking... And by the way ... check your email because I just remembered something.
Maskelle chapter 1 . 2/4/2011
Jeeh, your wrote an extend version of this. I don't think this needs to be rewritten. I think it's perfect. Loved it and thank you for writing this!
Jaunty Maestro chapter 1 . 1/19/2011
This was great! I really loved it!
Alana-kittychan chapter 1 . 1/4/2011
Awww soo cute
m3m3-chan chapter 1 . 12/30/2010
wah.. incridble! the amount of emotions you where able to portray ..*speechless*

I was like holding my tears so HARD TTTT

what a beatiful writing style you have. Thank you for this sweet, heart breaking (in a good way!) story.

Most importantly, you captured Hiroki's actions & emotions just so right!

I think it's a speciality for pro writers, to be able to pull off their fics without having the characters too OOC, which you obviously have
bendercat chapter 1 . 12/25/2010
...I almost cried. I NEVER want to see Nowaki cry! It'd break my heart! Very well written :D

I'm gonna give you some constructive critisism, so if you don't want to see it skip these few lines lol Everything was very well written, but I was getting a little annoyed with all the different names you used to describe them in the beginning. Like Hiroki, teacher, brunette, etc. That's my only bit of critisism _ And I'm not one to talk because I'm pretty sure I'm spelling that word wrong XD

I loved this! w
Scioneeris chapter 1 . 12/19/2010
Ah this is nice. Really spot on for the egoist couple, I think. I love the way Hiro-san was able to finally give Noawaki a little bit of the "love" that he always has. Very realistic reactions on both sides-I really enjoyed it!
x chapter 1 . 12/18/2010 sweeeeetttt... I hope you'll continue oneshot-ing ALL of your "Glimpses" drabble. You're G-O-O-D
JAFootnote chapter 1 . 12/17/2010
The one who is usually the one comforted is now the one comforting huh? Nice twist and a bit based of a quote from the show would you not agree?
Chiharu Moka chapter 1 . 12/17/2010
That's quite sad thing for Nowaki... I love this story n i do also have a thing with the egoist pair, they seem so much mature and so much more with everything they do.. Can't wait for ur next stories!