Reviews for Always By Your Side
delete-account-please 5149757 chapter 1 . 11/24/2013
This was excellent story it was very cute.
delete-account-please 4171342 chapter 1 . 11/20/2013
good story it was very cute
The Founder chapter 1 . 5/16/2013
nice
WarblerChris chapter 1 . 9/29/2012
Really cute. And well thought out gift!
delete-account-please 742011 chapter 1 . 10/4/2011
this is thebestestfriendsforever just moved to a different account. good story.
lizzy384 chapter 1 . 12/26/2010
So yes, continuing the Christmas review tradition ;-) Boxing Day night here in Oz and I still feel stuffed full of food and exhausted from yesterday! At least it’s a good excuse to watch the cricket – god Australia is terrible at the moment! – and then Dr Who and read fanfiction ;-)

First, I have to say I’m sorry you got a nasty flame. I really don’t get some people – don’t they have better things to do? I mean, okay, if someone hasn’t made it clear that a story is a slash pairing (which you do) I can understand someone politely suggesting an author put a warning up, since hey, it’s not everyone’s cup of tea. And genuine constructive criticism is ok too – though I also recognise that this is not paid writing (not that a lot of it isn’t good enough to be) so you shouldn’t expect all of it to be up to the standards of published works that have editors and are proofed multiple times! I most especially agree that to flame anonymously is totally cowardly. There is so much fanfiction out there, it’s very easy not to read something if you don’t like that particular style, pairing etc!

Phew, long rant, but the point of it all is simply you didn’t deserve it and if they actually implied that your writing on the whole (beyond it being a story about a male/male relationship) is not good, well they’re just crazy ;-)

So, on to the review! Wonderful opening few lines for this story – they created such a great little image of Clark all excited about Christmas and Christmas traditions (it reminded me of the Thanksgiving episode in season 6). Plus it had that nice bittersweet touch – my Mum always loved Christmas, so I always think of her especially at this time of year and, in part, keep up with certain traditions because they were her traditions.

I really love it when stories have Ollie buying (or making ;-) – a special little gift for Clark. It’s so easy for him to give the showy extravagant gift, but ones like these, where the gift show how much he loves Clark and how well he knows him are always so sweet. It was such a cute gift too (so glad he included Chloe – Ollie was so right: it wouldn’t be the team without Chloe!).

A determined Ollie is always a good thing too ;-) Your boys had a lovely ease of interaction in this story (despite Ollie’s slight nervousness about being so smitten with Clark – nice job with his internal monologue too) – clearly conveyed the strength of their friendship.

The image of Clark hanging his Superman ornament next to Green Arrow (I so want those…hee-hee!) so their little hands were touching and then his line to Ollie (great tie-in with your story title) brought a big smile to my face. A very Clark way to finally try and admit his feelings.

Silly boys – so amusing how oblivious they can both be to what is so obvious to everyone around them. Somehow I have a sneaking suspicion that everyone was just as aware that Ollie was in love with Clark as they were that Clark was in love with Ollie!

And you top it all off with a yummy kiss…ah, yep, those boys side by side, always and forever – I have to agree…perfect! ;-)
Mickey chapter 1 . 12/22/2010
Very sweet I love it
thebestestfriendsforever chapter 1 . 12/18/2010
great story really liked it can't wait for more.
roswellwbfan chapter 1 . 12/18/2010
So cute!
blackmagic661 chapter 1 . 12/17/2010
i love this story, its so cute. olliver and clark are one of my fav pairings. i love all of the stories that you've written of them, their really good, i look forward to a new one :)
Buffyxenaman chapter 1 . 12/16/2010
good story
InuyashaxSesshomaru4ever chapter 1 . 12/16/2010
Awww to cute! I just did some online christmas shopping and I'm still in a very christmassy mood and this was just great, I love it. 3 -
whatweareafreaidof chapter 1 . 12/16/2010
Cute, like the part of oliver being scaired, to tell clark he love him... ps. A funny sence would be clark and olver kiss and a few girls walk by and say that not fair,