Reviews for Things Forgotten
Emberike chapter 1 . 12/17/2010
This was very, very good. Your descriptions are beautiful, especially the first part about the maple. The characters are believeable and sticks to canon, and you manage to make them seem both as kings and queens, and children. That's well done! I think you captured the Narnia feeling, and that is something I've rarely seen. I love those humorous little parts about Edmund escaping from his haircut and fitting of clothes. I really enjoyed this, and I hope that you'll write a sequel!
E chapter 1 . 12/17/2010
This is so very, very good. Lyrical is the first word that comes to mind, especially your descriptions of the dryads awakening, and the wakening of the trees from the winter.

The writing is very well done; clear and descriptive. I love the little details you include - how the dryad has to remind herself that a human smile is supposed to be welcoming, how Ed has Phillip use a saddle but nothing else. The interaction between Ed and Phillp is top notch with Phillip as a steady humorous guide. And great IC quotes:"You couldn't possibly understand the depths of my suffering."

I really like Phillip's assessment of Ed's betrayal, and the interpretations of it that are already cropping up around Narnia. And the dryads description of Ed's guilt when she touches him is very well done; not too angsty but emotional. The dryad's anguish at the loss of her name is also very well done, and so is the fine line of her actions during the Winter; not a collaborationist, not a freedom fighter. An excellent fic all around.
Sapphire Warrioress chapter 1 . 12/17/2010
This was absolutely gorgeous! I love how you've fleshed out Arianna's character from the glimpse I provided, giving her a story all her own to tell. Also I thought the culture you created for the dryads was very rich and fascinating, and would love to see you explore it further in future stories.

Your portrayal of the four was beautifully rendered, you captured each Pevensie's strengths and personality just right.

I hope you'll write a sequel which goes into the history of the four thrones.

Thanks so much for writing this.
magicmuggle02 chapter 1 . 12/17/2010
As a life long lover of the Narnia stories (by C S Lewis) I can honestly tell you that your story is wonderful and I would look forward to reading a sequel if you decide to write one. You have kept to the spirit of Narnia in this chapter so please keep up the good work.