Reviews for After the storm ends
Guest chapter 1 . 7/20/2014
I want the story to end after vinyl gives birth!
TiliaofAnkh chapter 1 . 1/8/2014
Aww, sweetness! :D:D 3
Emmazippy577 chapter 1 . 10/19/2013
Yuppers! I liked it!
moellerman chapter 1 . 8/31/2013
nice little story, cute and romantic, and don't listen to TheSoundOfAWESOME, I mean that guy, (or girl), doesn't even seam to understand the little four letter word known as LOVE. Besides it is fiction. Does he really thinks that what you wrote normally happends in real life?. #sight# unfortunally NOT.
TheSoundOfAWESOME chapter 1 . 6/28/2013
I understand why you'd think this is a cute idea, but it's kind of unnecessary and MASSIVELY out of character.

If Flint found out Sam might be pregnant he'd probably flip his shit and hyperventilate or something. He's pretty much a kid in an adult body himself. There'd also probably be some massive fiasco surrounding the buildup to and/or the birth itself. Flint might want to invent something extra-extra special for his kid, but not know if it's for a boy or a girl so he goes through countless attempts at making the ULTIMATE ALL-ENCOMPASSING BABY-TOY! Inevitably, it messes up but fails to dampen his boundless enthusiasm.

Then Flint might get an idea. What if he could invent something that'd make their lives as parents so much easier than it needed to be? Of course, they all end up malfunctioning and going on mini-rampages throughout the neighbourhood.

Flint's characterisation aside, I don't really think Sam would view an unexpected pregnancy as a good thing. She has a budding career as a weather reporter which could end up taking her all over America or even all around the world. If she nipped her career in the bud right as it was ready to get going so she could take care of a newborn child, everything she'd ever dreamed of would be over for her by the time the child was old enough to look after themselves.

On top of this, 7 months later? Are you kidding me?! Normally a couple don't even live together until they've been an item for about 6 months. Plus the fact that, while Flint might not be Sam's first partner, it's pretty obvious Flint wasn't even used to talking to women before he met her. And let's face it - while they ARE everybody's OTP, they're young. They'll probably grow apart some time, as most young couples do. Maybe they'd remain friends afterwards, but I highly doubt he'd knock her up after knowing her for less than a year. Not only is that stupid, it's wildly irresponsible. And while Flint is pretty irresponsible, I reckon his parents raised him well enough to know that you don't start a family with somebody who's been in your life for a shorter length of time than your pet monkey.

I'm sorry if this was harsh, and if you get upset I actually don't blame you. But there's a lot more wrong with this than you'd realise at a first glance. Unfortunately, I tend to read into these things a little too thoroughly, so I end up doing a lot more critiquing than complimenting. But hey. We need these things if we're going to grow as authors, just keep that in mind and hopefully I'll sound less like a prick and more like somebody trying to help. Because I know I do sound like a prick.
GoldenHeartz11 chapter 1 . 6/18/2013
Short but cute except for the knife thing.
Guest chapter 1 . 11/26/2012
Short, but good. But the part where Flint is in the hole, it is a licorice rope and Flint bites through it. But still, a romantic story. Sorta.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/23/2012
Awwwwwwweeee!
Guest chapter 1 . 6/1/2011
that sucked.
Qille chapter 1 . 12/17/2010
When you said he took out a small knife, I had a few visions of a totally different, way more bloody ending. I'll just leave it at that.

I swear I gasped out loud when I saw there was a new story. Thanks.