Reviews for The Price of Duty
ForestWren chapter 1 . 7/25/2019
I really like your story!
IstariWho chapter 3 . 2/5/2014
This is a great story!
Hannon-le!
elven buddy chapter 3 . 9/30/2011
I have only started reading your fics but I find this one impresses me most. I love the way you percieve the relationship between Aragorn and Faramir. It was very well done and I really felt the characters come alive.

Very wel done!
Raksha The Demon chapter 3 . 7/9/2011
I like the notion of the link between Faramir and the palantiri. I personally don't see Faramir as quite as nervous and emotional in terms of dealing with Aragorn, but I like the way you have Faramir tackle the palantir that contributed to his father's death. An interesting story!
Metoochocolate chapter 2 . 4/11/2011
Interesting...
Akatsuki Red chapter 3 . 12/23/2010
Once again a fantastic chapter/story - please do write a sequel!

Also, as a side: Darkover, with regards to Anborn and Damrod, Tolkein never made clear whether or not they were childhood friends with Faramir (please see the authors other fics). I feel that the use of an affectionate nickname and the childhood connection are a fantastic element to the authors writing and helps with the realism and ability to relate to the characters.

AR
The Pearl Maiden chapter 3 . 12/22/2010
It's over? But-but...it's so good! This last chapter was the best! I loved it! *sigh* Oh well...

Anyways, needless to say, I would read the sequel. :)

Great work! You know, if you have any more inspiration for Faramir/Aragorn nonslash fics that would be really cool...maybe a collection of oneshots on glimpses of their relationship during Aragorn's reign. Just a thought:)
lindahoyland chapter 3 . 12/22/2010
I love Faramir's courage and Aragorn's kindness. A most enjoyable story. I hope you will write a sequel.
Darkover chapter 3 . 12/21/2010
Dear Wtiger5: I have enjoyed this story, but I do have a couple of criticisms. Now that Sauron is destroyed, the palantiri should be relatively harmless now, except for the one already in Minas Tirith, the one that Denethor used. By Tolkien's own account, forever after, unless the person looking into that stone was exceptionally strong-willed, the only thing an observer saw was two withered hands enveloped in flames. Secondly, the Ithilien Rangers were too familiar, both with Aragorn and toward Faramir. Beregond does address Aragorn as "sire"-he does at least once, anyway-but otherwise he talks to Aragorn and questions the King as if they are equals, which is certainly not the case. Damrod and Angborn would also never dream of addressing or referring to their captain as "Miri." It did seem clear from Tolkien's writings that Faramir's men, particularly Beregond, were devoted to him, but that does not mean the men were social equals, or that they regarded themselves as such. Bear in mind that Beregond, Damrod, and Angborn were all the equivalent of ordinary front-line soldiers, albeit of an elite unit, and Faramir was their captain, their CO. Now, having said all that, let me repeat how much I have enjoyed reading this story. I very much liked the way you depict the growing friendship between the new King and his Steward. I hope you will write a sequel. Thanks for writing and posting this one. Sincerely, Darkover
Darkover chapter 2 . 12/19/2010
Well, this is very good so far, so keep going! You have done a nice job of keeping both Faramir and Aragorn in-character, IMHO. I am pleased by the h/c, too, and would like to see more of it. Thanks for writing and posting this. Sincerely, Darkover
Akatsuki Red chapter 2 . 12/18/2010
Once again a fantastic chapter! I was very pleased to see Anborn and Damrod return - I've always loved them. I can't wait to discover what lies beyond the morgul vale...

I shall wait eagerly for the next chapter!
The Pearl Maiden chapter 2 . 12/18/2010
Ah, poor Faramir. Do you enjoy beating him up?;)

Great work. Update soon!
lindahoyland chapter 2 . 12/18/2010
It is lovely to read an Aragorn and Faramir story that I didn't write!
lindahoyland chapter 1 . 12/18/2010
I greatly enjoyed reading this at Teitho and it had one of my on your placing! Thank you so much for dedicating this to me. I feel honoured.
Akatsuki Red chapter 1 . 12/17/2010
Fanastic! I read this the second I saw the email in my inbox.

Once again you've really captured each characters personality faultlessly and I deeply admire your work!

AR