Reviews for Halls of Stone
kazune1988 chapter 3 . 11/6/2014
That alcohol must be really strong for Thranduil to be unable to hold his liquor as Legolas totally pawned Gimli in the drinking contest with just a slight tingling sensation in his fingers while Gimli was out cold.
Salome Maranya chapter 4 . 1/15/2014
A different take on Thranduil but nevertheless well done!
(I do like reading your stories, I look forward to more of your work. :D)
Hirilnin chapter 4 . 7/3/2012
Thank you for writing this with the maturity it deserved.
Nimbus Llewelyn chapter 4 . 3/2/2012
Beautiful and very, very funny.
Artgirl chapter 4 . 9/8/2011
What a great and well written short story! I'm amazed it doesn't have more reviews. So happy this muse grabbed you. Loved the dialogue and the whole plot. Wonderful
Virtuella chapter 4 . 1/25/2011
Lovely way to wind it all up. I like the juxtaposition of "bright sheen" and "dull throb". And I really hope Thranduil will have the good sense NOT to compose a pompous speech!

Great story, I enjoyed all the well-crafted details.
Virtuella chapter 3 . 1/25/2011
Thranduil wrote a Scottish folk song? Amazing! Wild Mountain Thyme is on of my favourites, both to listen to and to sing.

I really enjoyed the details of the forging. The atmosphere was very well described. And I had to laugh at the comparison of the ale to pony pee. Not a million miles from my perception of beer...
Virtuella chapter 2 . 1/25/2011
And the foreshadowing continues...

An excellently crafted conflict, and I like that they solve it by working together. A couple of things I feel doubtful about, though: that the wax model could be carved quite so quickly, and that Dorin doesn't seem to worry abotu betraying his craft secrets.
Virtuella chapter 1 . 1/25/2011
Sorry it took me so long to get to this. I always like to have peace and leasure to read one of your stories...

This is a wonderful beginning. I like all the foreshadowing (Thranduil, perhaps, remembered unconsciously in later years how comfy a cave can be?) and the way Thranduil perceives the Dwarven realm. And somehow one detail stood out to me, the metal bearings for the door. In a way it's much more satisfying to think that things work through expert craftsmanship and engineering, rather than mysterious magic.
leralonde chapter 4 . 12/27/2010
This story was a real pleasure. I enjoyed reading about the creation of the necklace. And the pact between Thranduil and Dorin to always speak badly of each other. The drama at the gate was also fun to read. Especially Brygni saving the day. That was an unexpected treat. This was a nice Christmas present for all of us.
paperfirefly chapter 3 . 12/23/2010
This was such a good chapter! It made me laugh when Dorin told the others, "The Elf is deranged". It really pointed out how serious he is about it that Thranduil just let him say it!

I also really liked the bit about Elves looking like they'd just stepped out of a tapestry, and how Thranduil was sure the Dwarven ale was no match for him. But the best bit was at the end they were both talking about how much they loved their future wives. It was very sweet! Definitely my favourite chapter so far :)
leralonde chapter 3 . 12/23/2010
It was fun watching both of them loosen up as they drank more and more. I liked Dorin telling Thranduil that he had it bad. More foreshadowing when Thranduil decides he never wants to get near a dragon. I wonder who will wake first. It will be amusing, I am sure.
Jebb chapter 4 . 12/23/2010
Oh a perfect ending for this lovely tale, and Thranduil gets what he wanted all along, I hope the pendant works!

As for Dorin and Thranduil, they were a real treat to read about, even with a hangover, then just as I was smiling at the happy ending you throw in a bit of drama which really caught me by surprise, I am glad it all worked out for them, and their farewells were wonderfully funny

thank you for a lovely Christmas treat
LOTRlover chapter 4 . 12/23/2010
I just love your work. I have a lot more to say, but that just sums it up when I'm tired and I need to go to bed. I just love your work.
Song in the woods chapter 4 . 12/22/2010
Wow! So Legolas is a chip..er twig off the old branch. LOL An excellant tale and now we know where the lovely necklace came from that his lovely wife wears.