Reviews for Intoxicating
Ms. N. Omer chapter 15 . 12/15/2017
Hi there! :) I've been reading your other stories and I've just finished this one. I hope you don't mind how lengthy this review is, but I really want to express specifically why I love this story so much:

First of all, Teagan. I adore her; she is a sweetheart and is incredibly realistic. It's so easy to sympathize with her and her character development - like when she first meet Dr. Leland to her meeting with her in chapter 11; the detail about eye contact said so much with so few words- is so subtle and well-developed. I thoroughly enjoyed following her development as a character. Her relationship with Crane -albeit unhealthy- makes so much sense and never once feels over-the-top romantic or out of character. Teagan's gullibility makes me sad and I was completely upset with how Crane manipulated her, but I found it interesting how he reacts to her and even grows fond of her in a strange sort of way, disliking her because she reminds him of himself and makes him feel emotions he's tried cutting out, but admiring how she changes throughout the story. Seriously, amazing character development. There may not be a huge, complicated master plan that threatens to swallow Gotham in the background, but your story didn't need that to be outstanding. The way you breathed life into the characters and their complexities even in simple events was enough to keep me hooked on this plot all the way until the end. The psychology of this story is probably my favorite feature of it.
Speaking of character development, the way you write Crane is simply perfect. That's the only word I think does justice. You've captured Crane so WELL. To me there are few other characterizations that makes as much sense and makes me understand his obsession with fear as well as your writing does. When you can read a story and understand a complex character's motivations realistically, you've found a special story, and with so few out there on Scarecrow, this story -and the other ones you've written- are like a trove of treasures.
Regarding your writing style: the way you convey emotion through descriptions is nothing short of magical. Your scenes don't convey just a single emotion; it's hard to describe, but you've found a way of conveying multiple emotions of varying intensities at the same time, and that's probably what makes your writing so realistic and such a joy to read. I've read through stories simply because the plot or characterization is really good and I have a bad habit of skimming through those, but that wasn't the case with your story at all. Your writing style is so engaging I absolutely enjoyed reading each and every sentence. One word completely adds another meaning to the scene and every word seems so carefully selected; it's almost as if at the end of a single sentence I not only have a clear picture in my head of the scene, but it feel like I'm actually there, feeling the emotions that someone would in that exact situation and it's amazing that it only takes a sentence or two to do that. Your word choice is so concise but powerful, it's like magic.
I'm running out of words to accurately describe how much I love reading not only this one but all of your other stories, and and I seriously hope I'm not sounding weird or creepy; I am just so happy I stumbled across your writing and as a writer in training it's really inspiring to me. There are very few writers and even fewer stories that I come back to read again and again, but I know I'll definitely be back to read this one. (What a way to end it, too; I love the cliff-hanger!) Thank you so much for sharing these with everyone! I really look forward to reading the rest of your works!
Guest chapter 14 . 12/18/2016
so good!
BellChellType40 chapter 14 . 10/13/2016
Nooo! Don't leave me hanging here! Amazing story!
Cotille S chapter 13 . 8/16/2016
Boy oh boy, you have crazy talent for story-telling. You capture Crane's quiet, calm madness PERFECTLY.
You write in such a beautifully engaging way, I was intrigued from the very first paragraph.
Dying for the next chapter, keep up the fantastic work!
Forbidden Moons chapter 13 . 7/6/2016
Oh darling don't stop here! I can't wait for the next update! ;)
Forbidden Moons chapter 12 . 7/6/2016
She's so easily manipulated that it's almost endearing XD Oh dear, I wonder if this is how Crane feels as well...
Forbidden Moons chapter 9 . 7/6/2016
This is simply delicious aaaaaaah I totally understand Crane's way of thinking, so um... I must be mentally unwell XD
Forbidden Moons chapter 4 . 7/6/2016
My goodness, this is simply exquisite! Why, it's so easy to fall for Crane, isn't it? I almost pity the clueless girl. ALMOST, ehehe~
Forbidden Moons chapter 1 . 7/2/2016
This is so twisted that it's irresistible. *smirks*
LovelyFandomLover chapter 13 . 6/14/2016
Love this so much. Teagen is such a compelling character. Where at times I feel frustrated with her but I still like her. I can't wait to see Teagen character progress as the story continues.
gossamermouse101 chapter 13 . 5/13/2016
Oh I'm so excited for the next chapter!
deideiblueeyez chapter 1 . 2/14/2016
Fuckin' dark and awesome right out of the gate \(o_o)/ Sold me immediately.
The.Benevolent.Void.Mistress chapter 12 . 12/6/2015
Crane you butt hole. I hope Teagan does something to get him back
for playing with her like this. Even something small like making him jealous. ;3
VoldemortsBFF chapter 11 . 12/2/2015
This story is dark yet intoxicating!. Haha get it? Cuz that's the name of the...yeah. Anyway, please continue!
Dr.camfiction chapter 5 . 11/27/2015
I just had to stop for a second and say this: this is beautifully written. You capture and portray Cranes calm madness perfectly, and the amount of description and details in your writing is astounding. You've got a real talent , and have placed me in Jon's mind. Keep it up. :-)