Reviews for Perchance to Dream
chicalicious chapter 41 . 5/12/2013
“Edward was not one of those abusive men.” - really Bella?! All I can do is shake my head in sadness and roll my eyes in contempt.
So Jake showed up and Bella did not do a great job of hiding what a mess she is. In Twilight Jacob is compared to the sun full of warmth, light, love, and life and Edward is I suppose the opposite - a cold, hard, dead, killer; and even and even with this labels I'm always a Team Edward gal. But this story, your story makes me feel the exact opposite. Bella was in Jake's presence for seconds and she felt the need to cry (which is better than pushing her emotions down) and he got her to eat and laugh. He is a healing presence for her but she is still convinced that she needs Edward that he will make her full.
As for Jane, I can't say I'm surprised that she is in the play. I also wouldn't be surprised if Edward was sleeping with her again.

jkkhreedy chapter 43 . 5/11/2013
Whoa! I love this story and the characters. Can't wait for the next update.
stormy315 chapter 43 . 5/9/2013
great what did alice do? commit suicide or was someone else involved? looking forward to the next chapter...
Jdancer189 chapter 43 . 5/9/2013
So I'm a little confused. When Jake said he saw Alice at the theatre did he see her actually there or on TV? Because according to the news article she was found the night before.
Archergirl78 chapter 43 . 5/9/2013
Why is Bella at fault for everything?
xxeverlastinglovexx chapter 43 . 5/9/2013
Also, as I by no means meant to sound harsh in my first review and realise now that I probably did, I want to say please do continue with your story. Write it for YOU. If people review, that's a bonus, but know you are doing something that you love and are so lucky in having 200 people read every chapter. That is a fantastic achievement. If 200 people bought your book you'd be psyched! Be proud of what you've achieved!
From now on I will review what I can.
xxeverlastinglovexx chapter 42 . 5/9/2013
Hi. I have to confess that I am one of those readers who follows your story and reads every chapter, but never reviews. I would love to come up with a fantastic reason for the general lack of feedback that I've given, but I can't. All I can say about your story is that I really don't know what to say about it. I either leave reviews for something that I am head over heels excited about, or not at all. I have to say that PTD is one fic that I read the updates of immediately, purely because at the soul of your story there is something good. There is so much potential. This relationship is so dysfunctional and broken that I feel compelled to see what happens next. I like the way that Edward and Bella both appear to use people in situations, but both perhaps seem unaware of it at the time?
However, there are a lot of things I don't like in the story. I don't like your characters. I understand that they are not meant to be in any way likeable, but I'm finding them very two-dimensional. The storyline is chaotic. I know that this chaos mirrors that of what is happening in the protagonists lives, but I find it jarring and difficult to read. I'm not finding that thread in your story; the one hat holds it all together and makes sure that it's all linked. However, I have no idea on how to fix any of these things. Therefore, I never left you a review before this. I don't offer criticism usually unless I have some advice to offer afterwards.
As far as your review count goes, I think your current number of reviews is great. If you are writing for reviews and acknowledgment, then you are writing for the wrong reasons. People should not feel obligated to review your fic, and nor should they be made feel obligated to do so. You don't owe your reader anything but your story, and they don't owe you anything but their presence.
Good luck in the future.
nathygallagher chapter 42 . 5/9/2013
So this is my reply.

Your story is really well writen, you have talent, but I cant stand your Bella, she is just everything a woman should NOT BE! but I wanted to know the end so a stayed reading this, but after those RAPE scenes, I dont know...that is why only 5 people replied to you (in my opinion).

Other thing is that your fic sometimes is so confusing that make as feel a little lost, so maybe I will rewie, maybe not. But do not give up, you should write this fic first and more important : FOR YOU
keyecullen chapter 43 . 5/9/2013
Love that Jake is a Potterhead. LOL

Love, love, love that Jake kept in touch with her all the while being so busy that he didn't really sleep in his hotel room.

Not surprised that Bella hasn't heard from Edward or Ben at this point.

Annnnddd...then Ben calls. LOL

I have to admit that I am surprised that Bella wasn't more overjoyed at Ben's news that Edward was back. Of course, she is emotionally and physically whipped at this point.

LMAO at the car insurance joke.

Bella is funny in thinking that the microwave in the penthouse would have warmed up her food just right. Reminds me of Goldilocks! LOL

The Prego reference cracks me up! What? You no likey Prego? LOL

So Edward, or someone, did finally get around to packing up her stuff and getting it back to her. Kind of blows her theory here doesn't:

"Never." I hated the term. I wouldn't let it apply to us. I might not deserve him, but I needed him. I was a monsoon without rain. Never would not apply. I knew this for a fact. He wouldn't have kept my things in the penthouse if it did. He would've had Vincent pack everything and mail it to me as soon as he returned from LA.

Poor Bella.

Can't blame Jake. Totally pisses me off when with friends and they are too busy updating their FB feed instead of actually having fun doing whatever it is that they are posting about. *RME* What is up with that anyway? Like anyone cares what your ass is doing anyways. Those that care are probably with you.

Hmmm...good point...why does Erik want to know where Bella is?

This is good:

“That’s the thing. She’s not into guys. Not now anyways.”

Laughed out loud at the people checking out her "butch-y" self and her giving them the finger.

I would be ticked off as I could be with Jake keeping my phone away from me. But then again, I know that he doesn't mean anything by it and he is just teasing her. And, now I am wondering if he is getting a little bit more insight to her life now?

So Alice couldn't take that Bella picked Edward over her? Or that Bella, seemingly, ended their friendship? That is a pretty drastic response. But, we don't know what has actually happened to Alice yet either. It is easy to assume the worst. I mean, she could have just fell off a chair and bumped her head, right? Tripped on the stairs? Hmmmm...but Erik's message makes it sound like she OD'd...but you know me...I let my mind wander all over the place! LOL

Oh and regardless of what is happening with Alice? Erik is a complete douche for posting that crap on FB. LMAO!

keyecullen chapter 42 . 5/9/2013
I feel your frustration. People find the time to do what they want. My thoughts are that the people that read and don't review think that they are too "busy" when in fact they just may be too lazy to leave reviews. I find that sad. Sure there probably are the very few that are shy and feel like they have nothing interesting to say...but I think that number is slight.

For what it is worth, I do think that everyone that enjoys your lovely story should drop you a line or two to let you know.

mcknight15 chapter 42 . 5/9/2013
I am one of your silent readers and I feel terrible for not reviewing. I'm really sorry.

I do have a Alice really crazy and manipulative or is Bella just perceiving her that way in some sort of delusional thought pattern?

Love the story and look forward to it each week!
zazasant chapter 43 . 5/9/2013
So, I am one of the readers that has never reviewed. I read your post about reviews and so here is mine...

I think this is a really difficult story to leave a proper review for every chapter because narratively it's rather disorganized. I generally do try to leave a review after major story arcs or milestones; however, the way that this story has been written even when 'big' events happen they actually leave me much more perplexed and I wait to read the next chapter, and then next chapter, and then, and then... thinking something will 'click' and I have that aha moment where I can look back and see how this has all developed and speculate what next. Frankly, none of your characters are very likeable or sympathetic, their motivations and behaviors don't seem to stem from anything organic even when we find out something from a back story, and more often than not it seems we get a lot of information that doesn't connect to anything that is actually purports to be plot or subplot.

However, I continue reading because despite my difficulties with the story there is something compelling here. I suppose that I approach the text in deference to the title in that it is much like a dream—chaotic, doesn't necessarily make sense but you want to see where it goes, and hope that its climax and resolution will pay off for the struggle of reading it through.
lieselotte chapter 42 . 5/9/2013
You really shouldn't compare yourself to other authors. I'm not writing this to make you feel bad or anything, since I haven't read your story yet. Because of that, I'm one of those "readers" who open your story repeatedly and not leave a review. It's on my list of stories I want to read, whenever I'm in the right mood. I have this story on my watchlist that helps me keep up with updates of stories that I have or haven't read. I'm online quite often, but my love for fanfiction still exists in those moments. I know that sounds like a lame excuse, but for me it's true.

Once I've read a story, I usually at least try to leave a review. Try means that for some fics, I don't know what to say. I feel a simple "great story!" doesn't really show I have a head on my shoulders. But since I am not a native speaker and also have difficulties expressing my thoughts, it happens that I don't leave a review. Often, I spend up to two hours trying to compose a friendly review only to close the window because I feel what I wrote sounded stupid. I'm sure there are several other readers like me aswell. But still, I always try to review especially those "underrated" fics.

To be honest, I think nearly 360 reviews are quite an achievement. There are authors with good stories with less reviews. You should wear those reviews with pride, especially when they are nice instead of flames. I understand it's tempting to expect a huge amount of reviews in this fandom, with review monsters like MotU and others. Getting 1000 reviews appears to be a given here. But, please, don't give up hope. I'm also reading in the Harry Potter fandom. There, your review count would be worth far more than in this fandom. Those fics with 3000 reviews in HP can be compared to those with 10000 in Twilight fandom. One of my favorite HP fanfictions had barely 100 reviews when I read it. I still preferred it over many with more. That number is no indicator for the quality of the story. There are fics with more than 10000 reviews that I couldn't read, that I've been shaking my head at because I couldn't understand how such childish writing could ever be that popular.
alisapay1 chapter 43 . 5/9/2013
In response to your authors note, I have this story in my TBR stack of fiction I haven't had a chance to get to yet, so I'm probably one of those that are 'viewing' as apposed to 'reviewing'. I'm not a fellow author, just a voracious reader, so I really do appreciate everything you guys do to get these chapters out despite not being paid and having a real life. Sometimes I review, sometimes I don't, but for the most part I try to thank the authors I read just for taking the time to write. So thank you for putting yourself out there. Maslow, because of your AN, I'm going to try to be better to review each update, if just to say Wow, or thank you. You authors deserve that so thank you for opening my eyes to what you go thru. Mwah!
tas62 chapter 43 . 5/9/2013
Edward is alll over the board. First he comes to her for his late night booty calls with no regard for her feelings. disappears for days with no indication why and then he boxes up everything she left at his place month ago and send it to her. He really knows how to make a person feel wothless. I am just glad Alice wasn't found beaten as I have to admit the first person I would suspect would be Edward. I am keeping faith that this story will take a turn soon as I love it, but it is very emotionally heavy. Thanks for contiuin to write, and for any chapter I didn't review, I apologize.
522 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »