Reviews for Perchance to Dream
xxeverlastinglovexx chapter 42 . 5/9/2013
Hi. I have to confess that I am one of those readers who follows your story and reads every chapter, but never reviews. I would love to come up with a fantastic reason for the general lack of feedback that I've given, but I can't. All I can say about your story is that I really don't know what to say about it. I either leave reviews for something that I am head over heels excited about, or not at all. I have to say that PTD is one fic that I read the updates of immediately, purely because at the soul of your story there is something good. There is so much potential. This relationship is so dysfunctional and broken that I feel compelled to see what happens next. I like the way that Edward and Bella both appear to use people in situations, but both perhaps seem unaware of it at the time?
However, there are a lot of things I don't like in the story. I don't like your characters. I understand that they are not meant to be in any way likeable, but I'm finding them very two-dimensional. The storyline is chaotic. I know that this chaos mirrors that of what is happening in the protagonists lives, but I find it jarring and difficult to read. I'm not finding that thread in your story; the one hat holds it all together and makes sure that it's all linked. However, I have no idea on how to fix any of these things. Therefore, I never left you a review before this. I don't offer criticism usually unless I have some advice to offer afterwards.
As far as your review count goes, I think your current number of reviews is great. If you are writing for reviews and acknowledgment, then you are writing for the wrong reasons. People should not feel obligated to review your fic, and nor should they be made feel obligated to do so. You don't owe your reader anything but your story, and they don't owe you anything but their presence.
Good luck in the future.
Xxevexx
nathygallagher chapter 42 . 5/9/2013
So this is my reply.

Your story is really well writen, you have talent, but I cant stand your Bella, she is just everything a woman should NOT BE! but I wanted to know the end so a stayed reading this, but after those RAPE scenes, I dont know...that is why only 5 people replied to you (in my opinion).

Other thing is that your fic sometimes is so confusing that make as feel a little lost, so maybe I will rewie, maybe not. But do not give up, you should write this fic first and more important : FOR YOU
keyecullen chapter 43 . 5/9/2013
Love that Jake is a Potterhead. LOL

Love, love, love that Jake kept in touch with her all the while being so busy that he didn't really sleep in his hotel room.

Not surprised that Bella hasn't heard from Edward or Ben at this point.

Annnnddd...then Ben calls. LOL

I have to admit that I am surprised that Bella wasn't more overjoyed at Ben's news that Edward was back. Of course, she is emotionally and physically whipped at this point.

LMAO at the car insurance joke.

Bella is funny in thinking that the microwave in the penthouse would have warmed up her food just right. Reminds me of Goldilocks! LOL

The Prego reference cracks me up! What? You no likey Prego? LOL

So Edward, or someone, did finally get around to packing up her stuff and getting it back to her. Kind of blows her theory here doesn't:

"Never." I hated the term. I wouldn't let it apply to us. I might not deserve him, but I needed him. I was a monsoon without rain. Never would not apply. I knew this for a fact. He wouldn't have kept my things in the penthouse if it did. He would've had Vincent pack everything and mail it to me as soon as he returned from LA.

Poor Bella.

Can't blame Jake. Totally pisses me off when with friends and they are too busy updating their FB feed instead of actually having fun doing whatever it is that they are posting about. *RME* What is up with that anyway? Like anyone cares what your ass is doing anyways. Those that care are probably with you.

Hmmm...good point...why does Erik want to know where Bella is?

This is good:

“That’s the thing. She’s not into guys. Not now anyways.”

Laughed out loud at the people checking out her "butch-y" self and her giving them the finger.

I would be ticked off as I could be with Jake keeping my phone away from me. But then again, I know that he doesn't mean anything by it and he is just teasing her. And, now I am wondering if he is getting a little bit more insight to her life now?

So Alice couldn't take that Bella picked Edward over her? Or that Bella, seemingly, ended their friendship? That is a pretty drastic response. But, we don't know what has actually happened to Alice yet either. It is easy to assume the worst. I mean, she could have just fell off a chair and bumped her head, right? Tripped on the stairs? Hmmmm...but Erik's message makes it sound like she OD'd...but you know me...I let my mind wander all over the place! LOL

Oh and regardless of what is happening with Alice? Erik is a complete douche for posting that crap on FB. LMAO!

Keye
keyecullen chapter 42 . 5/9/2013
I feel your frustration. People find the time to do what they want. My thoughts are that the people that read and don't review think that they are too "busy" when in fact they just may be too lazy to leave reviews. I find that sad. Sure there probably are the very few that are shy and feel like they have nothing interesting to say...but I think that number is slight.

For what it is worth, I do think that everyone that enjoys your lovely story should drop you a line or two to let you know.

Keye
mcknight15 chapter 42 . 5/9/2013
I am one of your silent readers and I feel terrible for not reviewing. I'm really sorry.

I do have a question...is Alice really crazy and manipulative or is Bella just perceiving her that way in some sort of delusional thought pattern?

Love the story and look forward to it each week!
zazasant chapter 43 . 5/9/2013
So, I am one of the readers that has never reviewed. I read your post about reviews and so here is mine...

I think this is a really difficult story to leave a proper review for every chapter because narratively it's rather disorganized. I generally do try to leave a review after major story arcs or milestones; however, the way that this story has been written even when 'big' events happen they actually leave me much more perplexed and I wait to read the next chapter, and then next chapter, and then, and then... thinking something will 'click' and I have that aha moment where I can look back and see how this has all developed and speculate what next. Frankly, none of your characters are very likeable or sympathetic, their motivations and behaviors don't seem to stem from anything organic even when we find out something from a back story, and more often than not it seems we get a lot of information that doesn't connect to anything that is actually purports to be plot or subplot.

However, I continue reading because despite my difficulties with the story there is something compelling here. I suppose that I approach the text in deference to the title in that it is much like a dream—chaotic, doesn't necessarily make sense but you want to see where it goes, and hope that its climax and resolution will pay off for the struggle of reading it through.
lieselotte chapter 42 . 5/9/2013
You really shouldn't compare yourself to other authors. I'm not writing this to make you feel bad or anything, since I haven't read your story yet. Because of that, I'm one of those "readers" who open your story repeatedly and not leave a review. It's on my list of stories I want to read, whenever I'm in the right mood. I have this story on my watchlist that helps me keep up with updates of stories that I have or haven't read. I'm online quite often, but my love for fanfiction still exists in those moments. I know that sounds like a lame excuse, but for me it's true.

Once I've read a story, I usually at least try to leave a review. Try means that for some fics, I don't know what to say. I feel a simple "great story!" doesn't really show I have a head on my shoulders. But since I am not a native speaker and also have difficulties expressing my thoughts, it happens that I don't leave a review. Often, I spend up to two hours trying to compose a friendly review only to close the window because I feel what I wrote sounded stupid. I'm sure there are several other readers like me aswell. But still, I always try to review especially those "underrated" fics.

To be honest, I think nearly 360 reviews are quite an achievement. There are authors with good stories with less reviews. You should wear those reviews with pride, especially when they are nice instead of flames. I understand it's tempting to expect a huge amount of reviews in this fandom, with review monsters like MotU and others. Getting 1000 reviews appears to be a given here. But, please, don't give up hope. I'm also reading in the Harry Potter fandom. There, your review count would be worth far more than in this fandom. Those fics with 3000 reviews in HP can be compared to those with 10000 in Twilight fandom. One of my favorite HP fanfictions had barely 100 reviews when I read it. I still preferred it over many with more. That number is no indicator for the quality of the story. There are fics with more than 10000 reviews that I couldn't read, that I've been shaking my head at because I couldn't understand how such childish writing could ever be that popular.
alisapay1 chapter 43 . 5/9/2013
In response to your authors note, I have this story in my TBR stack of fiction I haven't had a chance to get to yet, so I'm probably one of those that are 'viewing' as apposed to 'reviewing'. I'm not a fellow author, just a voracious reader, so I really do appreciate everything you guys do to get these chapters out despite not being paid and having a real life. Sometimes I review, sometimes I don't, but for the most part I try to thank the authors I read just for taking the time to write. So thank you for putting yourself out there. Maslow, because of your AN, I'm going to try to be better to review each update, if just to say Wow, or thank you. You authors deserve that so thank you for opening my eyes to what you go thru. Mwah!
tas62 chapter 43 . 5/9/2013
Edward is alll over the board. First he comes to her for his late night booty calls with no regard for her feelings. disappears for days with no indication why and then he boxes up everything she left at his place month ago and send it to her. He really knows how to make a person feel wothless. I am just glad Alice wasn't found beaten as I have to admit the first person I would suspect would be Edward. I am keeping faith that this story will take a turn soon as I love it, but it is very emotionally heavy. Thanks for contiuin to write, and for any chapter I didn't review, I apologize.
shellykaykay chapter 43 . 5/9/2013
Ok I confess I am addicted to your storey but slack as reviewer . I have talked this up on some FB groups Im in.
These people do drive me nuts! Why is everything Bellas fault?
What the hell is wrong with Edward? Developmentally delayed? Immature? Bipolar? Spoiled? Im trying to understand her connectjon to him ...
Cant wait for more to be revealed.
jennah1 chapter 43 . 5/9/2013
Eck!
adabanu chapter 43 . 5/9/2013
Hello, NTJB! I read your note about rewiews and I have to confess I am one of the guilty who know the story even before to be reposted. I really love your story, I really do, its lovely and complicated, and complex. So, I am guilty, but not because I am lazy, but because my first language is not English..., nor the second or maybe third. I am from Romania, and in school I learned Russian and Frech. English - at home, by myself. And when you read something so good and well written.. you now, its a little intimidating. Anyway, I want to tell you that Im sorry for I havent postet before, and I hope that you will continue to write this story and many others. Love, Anca
Guest chapter 43 . 5/9/2013
Is it wrong that I kinda hope you would just kill off Alice? Anyways as always this chapter has me shaking my fist at my computer and wanting to shake some sense into Bella and punch Jake for being soooo annoying. Your story is emotional and every chapter makes the reader "feel" something I am truly enjoying it and cannot wait until the next chapter. Keep up the good work.
heavenleehime chapter 43 . 5/9/2013
Well here is your review...this story is written well but the heartfail is a bummer. I know this isn't what anyone wants to hear about their story. That's why I never left any reviews because as much as I wanted to be able to leave this story behind, I just can't. I'm too invested in seeing how it all works out and hoping beyond hope that Edward and Bella find their way back to each other even though you have made me incredibly frustrated with both of them. Bella has completely let him take over her whole being that she can barely function without him. I can't seem to respect her being so weak. Yeah I know S.M.'s Bella was that way when Edward bailed on her. But you have touched me more with this story than the original Twilight ever did. And Edward? Well you have managed to make me hate his guts so friggin much! I get he's mad and Bella fucked up. But he's taken it to such an extreme that I almost wish he would have this epiphany about loving Bella only to find her dead. Because death is too good for him. He needs to suffer with gut wrenching ulcer causing guilt for the rest of his pathetic life. And remember I am still rooting for them so that's pretty messed up. And why the hell is Bella accountable for everyone's problems? Erik threatening her. Alice attempting suicide...it's all laid on Bella. The only one who really has any justified reason to be pissed (aside from Edward for her mess up) is Jessica because Bella is putting their grades in jeopardy. See this is the reason I haven't reviewed...I don't want to make anyone feel like I'm attacking theirstory. I respect that you have written such an emotionally impacting piece of drama. Even though the angst is killing me and dragging on and on and on. So from this chapter forth I'll review if you want me to but it might not be a Wow instead it might be WTF?! Again I must stress I dont want to piss you off at all. This is just what your tale has done to me. My apologies if I have offended you badly. But you did seem determined to get a response and this is my honest one.
3c cullen chapter 43 . 5/9/2013
What is going on? Where the heck is Edward and why did he empty the penthouse of Bella's stuff? Is he back with Jane? Look forward to more.
516 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »