Reviews for Perchance to Dream
Edmazing chapter 35 . 3/24/2013
Gah, I've had this tab open for days trying to figure out what to say. This chapter was so hard to read and think about. Bella is so lost, and I get her wanting to escape from her reality... but it's doing more harm than good. I can't blame her, I guess. So, instead I read between my fingers. lol Thank you for sharing this story with us. I really don't think I've read something so gritty before.
chicalicious chapter 35 . 3/23/2013
The double edge sore right after a breakup, the feeling of wanting nothing more but to relive and remember all of the happy times that made you feel more important, more loved, more desired, more complete than ever before, but the only way to get all of that back is to find it in the comfort of your dreams and sadly when you awaken the devastating reality of being alone is all that you have left. It's a scary place to be, I remember it well and I am so sad for Bella to be in this place right now.

-C
jea28 chapter 35 . 3/22/2013
It seems that Bella has descended into her own kind of madness...much like Hamlet...and is trying to work her way through her unbearably painful world. She tortures herself with Edward's words, "Maybe I never knew you. Bella Swan, you're a stranger. I never saw you. I never loved you." Her logical intellect (The Why Girl) is finding it incredibly difficult to discern truth in the morally ambiguous world of the Cullens. Her thoughts and actions are at war with themselves. She seeks relief in her mind, that becoming her reality. " My home was in the depths of my subconscious until he returned from L.A." The episode at school does not bode well. As she slips deeper and deeper into her melancholy, school will be forgotten, and she has no advocates there anymore. The hope she feels at the end? Real or imagined? In her state, they may be one and the same. Or not.
keyecullen chapter 35 . 3/22/2013
Oh man, to have all that going on in your head every night? All that negativity, remembering all that Edward said? Eep! Glad that she is remembering some good things as well. But it is disconcerting to see Bella sliding down this hole of despair isn't?

Jessica has gotten pretty hoity toity hasn't she? Prof. Evans is no longer on Bella's side either. At most, it seems that Bella is very much alone at this point. And that makes me wonder what Edward is doing right about now and how he is feeling about being separated from Bella?
Park lane Mayfair chapter 35 . 3/22/2013
A lot of angst and I am still not quite sure of what to make of Edward. I want to root for him but he is so very dark. Curious to see where this goes.
tas62 chapter 35 . 3/21/2013
I can't believe Bella is letting this affecting her schooling so much. Losing her job was bad enough but she needs to pull herself up by the boot staps and do the best job possible. Jessica is a witch and is showing her true colors. Although your story is dark and depressing, I can't wait for the updates and love the emotion your writing evokes.
stormy315 chapter 35 . 3/21/2013
great chapter...so it seems as if bella is still hoping he will come back for her and change...looking forward to the next chapter...
3c cullen chapter 35 . 3/21/2013
Poor Bella. I feel her pain. I cannot wait for more.
shellykaykay chapter 35 . 3/21/2013
You've really got my attention with this story. No ones behavior seems rational. Exicited to see where it all goes.
staceleo chapter 35 . 3/21/2013
Wonderful chapter! I can't wait for next week!
jea28 chapter 34 . 3/21/2013
Alice's continuing interest in Bella's life is puzzling. Does she feel some compassion for her because she is involved with Edward and she really fears for her safety? Or does she have another agenda? So many things remain foggy in this story. (Good job!)

I found your last sentence intriguing. Did Alice not keep her promise? Or did Bella refuse to answer the door if it was Alice? Looking forward to more clues to the mysteries that abound in this story.
keyecullen chapter 34 . 3/17/2013
I do find it curious that Alice is there to help Bella pick up the pieces. Is it because she feels that she owes her? Or Edward for past lies about the rape, etc.? Or that Alice loves Edward and knows that Bella is important to him even though he is not around at the moment?

And why would Alice call Edward and tell him about the money?

So curious as to what Bella was looking for at her apartment too.

This chapter brought up more questions than answers and I cannot wait to see what happens next.

Keye
chicalicious chapter 34 . 3/15/2013
It's so sad the way Bella is thinking and feeling. Edward has damaged her so completely that she doesn't even like herself unless he is there with her. What really irritates me is that he told her not to change but he is the one that changed her. I don't want to make it all Edward's fault, but it's common for people to make changes in themselves and in their lives in order to please the person they love. It begins with compromise, but in Bella's case she started to deny things that were important to her and put higher value on what was important to Edward. If any of that had ever been an issue with Edward, he should have said something but he didn't and she slowly became this weak, needy, yes girl. And Edward is not dumb, he's very smart, he's a charming manipulator and an actor, so he knew how to get what he wanted from her. I am glad that Alice is there for Bella even though Bella clearly doesn't want her help. I can imagine it is difficult for Bella to know who she can trust, the man she loves with every cell in her body who manipulates her and abuses her or this woman that seems to have good intentions but also has a twisted history with Bella's boyfriend. I think even if Bella were in a right state of mind it would be difficult to determine the truth.

-C
Edmazing chapter 34 . 3/14/2013
Oh god. This chapter. It was so hard to wrap my head around her wanting him back and blaming herself when the "natural" response would've been fear. I know it happens, I'm not unaware of it... but having you bring it to life just guts me.

I'm glad you are not writing this from first hand experience- I wouldn't wish that kind of knowledge on anyone. Let's sort this out in fiction where we know that everything will it as neatly as it can while we can still learn and grow from it.

Love and gratitude for sharing this with us.
Mel
Guiltypleasure30plus chapter 34 . 3/14/2013
Wow, I have no words.

Anxiously awaiting the backstory of what happened- does she have an ailment (is that what Carlisle could empathize with and gave her money for); was she beaten up; did she do it to herself?

Alice is still a mystery to me. Of course, Edward confounds me the most.
522 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 26 .. Last Next »