Reviews for Perchance to Dream
Ellie Aluinn chapter 23 . 6/24/2012
Wow
chicalicious chapter 23 . 6/16/2012
Holy shit! Just when I think that things can't get worse, they do. Edward is so seriously fucked up it's scary. But the fact that Bella can see this yet ignore it and is completely in love with him is even more fucked up. Edward is so scary and intense when he keeps telling Bella not to change and to never leave. And Bella just agrees, feeding the monster, giving up all her free will and handing the control over to Edward because she loves him. What kills me is that she realizes he's crazy and that he's lying and omitting things but yet she doesn't press him for more like he demands of her. She always feels unworthy and inadequate to Edward and the intense love and passion he has for her; but now to realize it might not be all for her but for the memory of a boy he loved and still grieves for. I am amazed that Bella stepped away from Edward to consider her future and her dreams. I hope she holds onto that. She can't let the Alice ban turn into another ridiculous compromise. And now I'm already worried about how Edward will react when Bella does decide to leave him, he strikes me as the type that if he can't have her no one will. Completely mind blowing!

C
bbp1 chapter 23 . 6/7/2012
Wow lots of back story here...loved getting the answers to some questions...only if Edward is truthful! Thanks for the update!
bbp1 chapter 22 . 5/14/2012
Wow girl lots on info in this chapter...you have blown me away with the m/m sex!Never saw that coming! Anyways hope you get another chapter out soon! Thanks for the update! I keep telling you I like this story!
reve2weaver chapter 22 . 5/13/2012
OoO... More Bella learns, the more she doesn't know. The more scared she gets, the more she runs to him, wanting to forgive because then she can forget.

Yeah, I just bet Edward had some kind of deal with Jane, or he isn't being honest about the what their arrangement was, and why it worked for three years. I bet Jane knows more than Bella about Edward, and I bet she isn't bothered by it like Alice and Bella. Why?

Actors are put through rigorous and extensive training. They are expected to be open the wide spectrum of emotions, possibilities, philosophies, experiences. That means exploring the self and sexuality and losing the prudery is all part and parcel. Do the boys in Shakespeare plays cross swords as part of their training as actors? Almost all the Oscar winners have played gay men as an understood badge of honor, versatility, and commitment to the arts. Except poor Scientology Tom Cruise (snicker).

Modern young men in the theater are encouraged to find out what part in Greek play they would be suited to. The good actors embrace the challenge. Modern philosophy acknowledges that our sexuality is shades of gray, and we are taught conformity at a young age, as a reflection of pressure from our society. Don't believe me? Study history, particularly Greek in Roman, but if you go to a Religious based College, I'm afraid your text books will be censored. Your professors won't even tell you William Shakespeare's Sonnets were written, in part, about his tryst with another man.

If you didn't know that, does it make you feel like you were educated by nuns on sex education? You might be with boys who do the 'nose-tap' on the 'down low' while your reading the Sonnets in a meadow, sighing, like it's gawd-dang love poetry.

Um, it's not. Scholars know that a lot of it's sarcastic and bitter: hostile about why William can't have HIM because the two men can't 're'-produce and heir. Time to realize, dear girls, there are some things some boys don't talk about with the 'some' girls, because they cry. If you are a wuss perv, and demand love fluff, then silence benefits them. They will practice 'see no-hear no-speak no' evil, to keep your world right side up. It's a good thing to use condoms. js.

Loooove this story: Amazing chapter. I'm so addicted to this Edward, and unraveling his tangled mystery. What's with Alice? I think she doesn't really have Edward's friendship in heart, unless he does what she expects/wants. She was too young to know what was going on between Jasper and Edward, so she doesn't have a good perspective. Lots of healthy, young men experiment; it doesn't mean Jasper was gay, or Edward for that matter. It is hot as hell, though. Except for poor Alice, who should be over it, by now. Maybe some therapy...
reve2weaver chapter 21 . 5/13/2012
I loved all the complex layers, like watching multi-colored and sheer scarves, shifting, and moving together and apart, like the dance of the veils. The question is: are they revealing more of Edward, or just adding more layers to his mysterious and complex character?

He wants her, and I really felt for her dilemma: how to resist him when he insists it is all for her? Is it really true, or has she caught the tail of tornado? It's as if she has become the fabled 'cat's paw' to his own hearth of troubles. It makes perfect sense: in the chase for artistic excellence, writers, artists of all walks are forever making side deals with any available devil, just to walk the burning boards, once or one more time. Their MO is both private, addictive and in their minds, axiomatic. They resent being questioned by those who hang on to the their tiger's tail, only to find the tiger's milk bitter, and thin.

I can hear the fabric fraying, and as they dance, it seems to tighten like a tourniquet, or a noose. Amazing chapter! This just keeps getting better and better.
chicalicious chapter 22 . 5/13/2012
WHY? WHY? WHY? I just feel like I want to scream. So you know that at the beginning of the story I could relate to Bella because I was once in a similar situation. Well, you've done it again babe, UNFORTUNATELY, I have also gone through the same type of scenario as Alice. Your story never fails to pull me back into my past and while I love this story, it also makes it incredibly hard for me to read. I typed notes while I read along this time, so I could leave a thorough review.

"Every morning for the last two weeks, I journeyed from a floating dream-space of luxury to a dark abyss called reality lacking everything I yearned for but abundant with the curse of time."-I love this line, its beautifully worded but so sad. I can remember feeling like this. Always wanting sleep because in my dreams I could be truly happy.

"I scoffed, sitting on my bed and crossed my arms. He wasn't going to turn me into a fucking dog he could train. I was tougher than that. In fact, I would tell him that the next time I saw him."-YOU ARE tougher than that Bella! I wish she would hold onto this fire but of course as soon as she is in his arms at the end of the chapter "the hollowness filled". So tragic and pathetic, but we've all been there, right?

"Sinking down to the creaking floor, my assumption weighed down heavily on me. Who knew when that would be? He'd break his promise. He'd leave me. I'd take another bite on my neck over that emptiness any day."-THIS is just disturbed, it makes me want smack some sense into her.

Alice has such a valuable perspective and her advice is so right on. I don't blame Alice for not wanting to waste her breathe or time trying to convince Bella, because its pointless. Bella is so convinced that she knows who Edward really is, she even tries to tell Alice that what she saw all those years ago was false! I applaud Alice for wanting to give Bella the full picture of who Edward is and how he has treated people he's loved in the past and for being there for Bella when she's hurt. I'm not even going to try and guess why Edward is with Jane at the hospital. But I am curious if the subplot involving Jasper/Edward/Alice is going to be explored further. As for the struggles you are having writing this story, I wish I could impart some words of wisdom, but I am not a writer so I don't really know what I could say to help you find these characters again. You know I really love this story but if its not in you to complete it I will respect that. With that said, if you ever want a sounding board I'm here for you. Incredible chapter babe! Much love to you!

C
Darkward Darling chapter 22 . 5/12/2012
Wow- didn't see that coming at all. Great twist though!
chicalicious chapter 21 . 3/2/2012
Ok, so my initial reaction to reading this chapter was disgust. I'm not disgusted with the chapter itself, I'm not disgusted with the story, and I'm not disgusted with you. I am so completely bothered by Bella and Edward and their all-encompassing, intense, suffocatingly-unhealthy relationship! Honestly I see a lot of myself in Bella, which probably bothers me as well, but I know that I would not have let things go that far. Just for arguments sake, I'll take Bella's word for truth and believe that she DID in fact want Edward to phuck her roughly, but WHY? Because she violated his privacy and eaves-dropped on a private conversation? That justifies biting and hitting and being used as a hole? I get that they are so connected and in love that they can't see beyond themselves and their flaws and can excuse each other of anything, but it just makes me SO SAD! I feel like all they do is break each other down rather than build each other up and they are so worried about losing the other that they don't even worry about how wrong their actions are. I know Bella is going to reach her breaking point, I'm just wondering what all is going to happen for her to get there. Sad, painful chapter but incredible that your writing made me feel all of that!

~C
bbp1 chapter 21 . 2/28/2012
Thank you for this new chapter! Loved it! Wow!
MaryMary123 chapter 11 . 2/28/2012
she has to give this up. He does not want her, it was a mistake. Give it up and leave them alone.
quinzy chapter 21 . 2/27/2012
Wow, that's really rough!
dragonfly336 chapter 1 . 2/27/2012
Great prologue! It really pulls you in and makes you wonder what is going on :)
evilnat chapter 20 . 2/19/2012
Interesting. Alice and Edward both don't want Bella to see the other. I keep thinking maybe it was a love triangle. Maybe Edward and jasper were more than friends. That's just a guess. Alice seems to become a bad influence as it goes on by the looks of the 'present' chapters. Im dying to find out what happens to cause Bella to lose it all.

Well done.
evilnat chapter 19 . 2/19/2012
Jessica is horrible. And I'm not really sure I would have understood or cared Edwards side of that argument.

Great chapter. You showed Bella's infatuation with her new love beautifully.

Xx