Reviews for Perchance to Dream
geosordino chapter 3 . 8/2/2013
liking this so far.
TwiFanfictionRecs chapter 1 . 8/1/2013
Perchance To Dream has been nominated in the poll to find the Top Ten Favourite Fics completed in July over on www . twifanfictionrecs . com
myhubbyissoedward chapter 53 . 7/28/2013
Glad they got through it .
BelieveItOrNot chapter 53 . 7/28/2013
Well, for now at least, she thinks she's happy.

There were times in this story when I didn't like Edward at all, and times when I really liked him and rooted for him to get better. You did a really great job of capturing that "honeymoon period" of his controlling/abusive cycle to the point that I felt it too. Except I knew it wouldn't last.

There are other fics about unhealthy relationships and love, only it's as if they don't know it's unhealthy. The writers and readers pretend the relationship is healthy or that the happily ever after is indeed a HEA. But yours, while the characters lie and the narrator is unreliable, it doesn't pretend to be healthy. It is very honest in its unhealthiness and unhappiness. Bella goes back to her addiction as so many people do in reality, and there is no promise or even implication that their relationship will be better this time around. The cycle continues.

Congratulations on finishing. You can say whatever you want about your writing, but I think you're a great writer. And as far as what you say in your AN, all writers have a lot to learn. Once they have nothing more to learn (or think they don't) they're not writers any longer. (Or not good ones anyway.)

I think there are a few things that could've been explored a little more, like Carlisle's motivations and Emmett's. Because we're dealing with an unreliable narrator and because Edward is not trustworthy, it would be nice to have been shown the motivations, I think. I don't understand why Carlisle was so adamant about Jane being better for Edward. Was it just because Edward seemed happier? Maybe Jane was better for Edward in the same sense that Jake would've been better for Bella. As far as I know, Edward never treated Jane as badly as he treated Bella (not while in a relationship with her, anyway), and obviously Jake didn't treat Bella the way Edward did. The problem is, Edward and Bella just didn't have the right feelings for the other two. It sure would be nice sometimes to be able to choose the person we love.

Anyway, this is getting so long. I thought your characters were compelling, even while not always likable. Your descriptions were great and not intrusive. I could see the action easily. I never felt like the characters were just hanging out in blank space. There was atmosphere.

Thank you for writing through to the end even though at times you felt discouraged. Congratulations for completing. That, in itself, is a huge accomplishment. This is a big, complicated story. Maybe not easy to read, but certainly harder to write.
BelieveItOrNot chapter 52 . 7/28/2013
"Then again, sanity has its shortcomings." - I love this line.

I want to believe, like Bella, that things will be much better now, but I don't. I like the way you've subtly woven themes from twilight such as the heroin addiction and Edward's controlling behavior for Bella's own good, and turned them human. They're not as romantic or understandable coming from a human (the controlling behavior.)
BelieveItOrNot chapter 51 . 7/28/2013
I wouldn't doubt that Jake loves her, thought it could've been old feelings from back when he wrote the song. Feelings that have faded from love to friendship.

Okay, it's time for sleep. I don't have anything interesting to say. I'll finish this tomorrow. yay!
BelieveItOrNot chapter 50 . 7/28/2013
What is up with Carlisle?
Is he really thinking about what's best for Edward? Does he really think he was happiest with Jane? Or does Carlisle have some other agenda here? Maybe Carlisle is simply where Edward gets his anger problems and his controlling behavior.

I feel like I should sleep, but your story does this thing to me where I have to keep reading and ignore sleep.
BelieveItOrNot chapter 49 . 7/28/2013
You do a really great job of having Edward make excuses and justifying his behavior. As lone incidences, his excuses are logical, but altogether, you can really see how controlling he is with Bella. And then he goes and berates her over her school studies.

The man does not handle stress well. And he wants to protect Bella from everyone except himself, only he can hurt her the most.
xxeverlastinglovexx chapter 53 . 7/27/2013
First of all, congratulations on making it to the end of your story. I'm sure pouring so much of yourself into a situation you're writing isn't easy, so well done.
Personally though, I don't feel this is the end, either for these two or for you. I can't reconcile the idea of your Bella and Edward and a HEA.
Good luck in the future, and if a plot bunny hits you, run with it!
BelieveItOrNot chapter 48 . 7/27/2013
Hmm, every chapter makes me think and question. Was Edward looking at Jane as Edward or as Brick? And was Carlisle really looking at Bella as if he were disgusted?

I want to dislike Carlisle and Emmett, but I feel like there's more to their story. Maybe they're looking out for Edward's interests and really don't care who else they hurt in the process. Curious to find out, though. :)
BelieveItOrNot chapter 47 . 7/27/2013
"So you know... everything?" - hmm, does she really know everything? Or does she just think she knows all there is to know?

What's up with all the gifts for Jane under the tree? And all of this stuff between Edward, Carlisle, and Elizabeth is such a mystery.
woosh48 chapter 53 . 7/25/2013
Thanks for sharing all these thoughts as well as PTD. There were some updates I would skip to the bottom to see where her head was at and then would go back and read. I like the way it ended. It would have been interesting to know Edwards thoughts at times also. Thanks and good luck!
adabanu chapter 53 . 7/25/2013
Hello! Thank you so much for your strenght to finish, for your incredible generosity to share your talent for free. I must say, I paid a lots of money to read stories 10 times worse. It was an incredible journey and I am glad to see it end, because I read here many beautiful stories but no end. So, good luck on your further and continue to write.
Love, Anca from Romania :))
chicalicious chapter 53 . 7/25/2013
Well my dear it's done. It is not what I expected. Am I happy? Have my feelings about wanting them together changed? I don't know. I don't know because I feel like there are too many unknowns for this to be the end. Now obviously if you say its complete then I have to accept that, but from this point I will always be left wondering what happened to them.

MaryMary123 chapter 25 . 7/25/2013
I may have to take medication If I keep reading. I want to grab her and run.
522 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »