Reviews for Stuff
Angelalex242 chapter 10 . 12/18/2014
Well, good thing Tim Zahn disagreed with you about the marriage and love.
RogueAngel chapter 1 . 10/3/2014
You have no idea how excited I am right now. I am a long time SW fan, but have drifted in and out of other fandoms over the years. A month or so ago my hubby decided we should rewatch all six films, which put me in the mood for rereading TimothyZahn's books, which of course reminded me of my love of Mara Jade and Luke. I just started Hand of Thrawn and the thought in my head popped up - I really want to read Stuff! Then I began to wonder if I still had the file that I had cut and pasted and saved just in case I ever lost the website or it got taken down. This was all many,many years ago and atleast four computers. On a hunch I did a google search and there was apost on someon's tumbler that you had reposted on AO3 and . Thank You! And congratulations - there aren't many (maybe two) fanfictions that I remember and search out after over a decade! Thanks for writing this and sharing it way back when. And thanks for sharing it again. I look forward to reading it. -RA
Jedi Jesi Jiin chapter 10 . 2/6/2014
This was a whirlwind adventure well worth the read. Your advanced use of vocabulary is inspiring and it really shows how well you understand language (something in my opinion that is not very well understood in todays world, even and perhaps especially in literature...)
You portrayed the separate personalities of Luke and Mara well, Mara especially. I found her extremely rare moments of utter panic and raw openness all the more realistic and interesting because of how well you have captured her very layered personality.
And the way you have Luke and Mara interacting with each other is also very fun.
As to the length of your chapters, yes, the chapters are lengthy, but if you look at it from another angle, if you split the chapters up into smaller versions, you'd only end up with more chapters, but the same amount of actual story.
Jedi Jesi Jiin chapter 8 . 2/5/2014
Wow! The speeder scene between Luke and Mara was intensely wonderful!
Jedi Jesi Jiin chapter 3 . 2/4/2014
I loved this chapter even more! I can't wait to read chapter 3!
Jedi Jesi Jiin chapter 1 . 2/4/2014
Oh my goodness! What a read! You portrayed Mara so well, and I've only just read chapter 1. I must say, I was laughing pretty hard at the last part of chapter 1... :) LOL
iChaos chapter 10 . 7/11/2013
There is definitely something special about this story, for a number of reasons.

First of all, this had got to be the oldest novel-length Luke/Mara fic I have found after years of reading fanfic - and that is saying something. More importantly, I think that you have portrayed them through some of the most insightful and realistic characterizations I can ever recall. A great deal of the material you covered rings very true to the characters, and the people that they are at this point in their lives. The writing may not be technically flawless, but you certainly captured the essence of the complex relationship nonetheless and I think that I can see why you opted to leave most of the original content relatively intact.

Although it does contain strong references towards heavy drinking and places much emphasis on seeking out "fun" in order to satisfy their own base desires, the fact remains that Jedi are people too and this particularly warped pair of humans is no exception. All things considered, I think that you did a great job and I am pleased that you took the time to republish it here. Thanks very much for sharing it.
becgate chapter 10 . 6/16/2013
This fic was awesome! ! Loved reading it...epilogue was funny. All around wonderful fic. I wish they had gotten married ...but it was great that you explained why they don't.
becgate chapter 8 . 6/13/2013
Yep, loving this fic! ! Love Luke n Mara! !
becgate chapter 7 . 6/13/2013
Love this story! ! This chapter was hilarious! !
Zigflorian chapter 10 . 5/20/2013
Really good!
DarthSmiles chapter 10 . 5/17/2013
There are good parts and bad parts. Thanks for writing, though!
Sinewyk chapter 10 . 4/25/2013
It isn't "up to date", because you wrote it so long ago. But it was worth it. Thanks for sharing.

Cya.
BenRG chapter 1 . 4/25/2013
Obi-Wan was right to laugh when Han claimed that there was no all-powerful Force controlling his destiny. Right now, he's where the galaxy needs him to be!

As for Luke? Well, he needs to get over himself. So, he's been dumped and Callista chose to be really nasty and spiteful about it; no great surprise there - she was always a Darksider from the moment of her 'resurrection'. However, this doesn't justify Luke acting as if the universe has kicked him where it hurts for no reason. He isn't the first, he isn't the last and he shouldn't think that, just because he's a Jedi and was working to a vision from a (possibly senile) precog, that somehow indemnified him from the risks of a relationship.
burgerkong chapter 10 . 4/25/2013
A great story, showing that not everyone finds love, and not everyone needs it either. This story had a little of everything; funny, romantic, adventurous and creative, and all of them well done. I'll miss updates from this story. Thanks for writing, hope to read more from you soon!