Reviews for A New World, Book 2
Psykoakuma chapter 13 . 5/20
Wow! Lots of really touching moments in these final chapters. It serves very well to define each of the people involved. I don't feel like things are so hopeless. No matter how great Tenshou is at stacking the deck, the type of cards being played will never change. I hope kappa power makes a surprise showing! It would be great to see Nitori going a little nuts too!
Psykoakuma chapter 12 . 5/20
OMG little Orins running around? Too freakin cute!
That moment between Suika and Tenshi was surprisingly emotional. There's a good amount left unsaid, but powerfully implied. Hehe! While the Lunarians are having a crisis of purity Suika doesn't know how to deal with how much she holds inside.
Yeah this chapter has some really great emotionally intense moments! You can definitely feel the gravity as the situation escalates.
Psykoakuma chapter 11 . 5/19
I love my SDM girls so much! But I also have to say Shou impressed the shit out of me! Dammit should I read another chapter? I know if I do I won't be able to stop until I finish the book. Better get to bed now.
Psykoakuma chapter 10 . 5/19
Dammit I should really be heading to bed!
Yeah I considered Chireiden as a good spot for allies, but what about Makai? That also seems like a good choice. The only problem being those places definitely have less of a connection with Gensokyo.
Psykoakuma chapter 9 . 5/19
...Kaguya, who was currently exchanging dark glares with Mokou across the table. Them's bedroom eyes! (Actually no, I cannot control myself.)
I'm a bit surprised it's so difficult to get a youkai army together. Not an organized allegiance or anything like that but this time it's a little different. Their home is under attack. No matter how little youkai like each other there is an matter of pride here. Plus they kind of like to fight anyway.
Psykoakuma chapter 8 . 5/19
Hmm I know what you mean. How do you react to the end of the world?
I guess it could have been much, much more horrific. With Meribel losing herself completely to anger and madness, probably turning youkai in the span of seconds. But what can anyone really know what it's like to face something that horrific?
Psykoakuma chapter 7 . 5/19
It's probably true that no one born in Gensoyko will take the loss of life personally, but I can think of two new residents that may feel a tiny bit different about the matter.
The end of the world seems strangely peaceful. I would have expected the cities to be well burning. Massive ash storms. Fallout of all sorts. You know, fun stuff.
Psykoakuma chapter 6 . 5/19
Holy shit!
I have to say from the beginning of Book 1 the plot felt a little floaty. Not really slice of life stuff but kinda wandery. With these last two chapter things pretty much took a completely different direction. Shit just got REAL yo! And the best part is Renko and Maribel will be playable characters! I'm so excited!
Psykoakuma chapter 5 . 5/18
Oh my freaking gods! Holy shit! Holy shit!
This is the first time I've seen serious and intensely violent material in one of your fics and I'm blown away! I'm not even sure what the hell to say... Just GASP!

Drink to the dead already,
Hurrah for the next that dies!
Psykoakuma chapter 3 . 5/14
Whoopsiedoodles! Somehow I skipped a chapter. That was pretty embarrassing but fortunately it doesn't change much of my last review (except for the terumoko reference which I no doubt would have still made). Lots of moon stuff going on on the moon though. Also some moon stuff going on in Gensokyo. I sense bad haps in the future. Seems like Renko and Maribel will be ringing in the new spell card system just in time for war. Yay?
Psykoakuma chapter 4 . 5/13
Gah! Too much time skip! I wanted to see the party. And then there was even talk of meeting Suika? I didn't get to see my dear 'oni-chan' hehe!

"This place needs a lot of peer review work" made me laugh more than it should have. "Their attempt to get an ice fairy familiar to do the cooling for them had gone poorly" conjured many hilarious images! I'm going to interpret Mokou's little rendezvous with Kaguya as having a sexual nature, because that's how I roll! I forgot to mention I was little surprised when Renko said she never thought she would need to use probability. That has to be one of the more important classes I took. I'm sure Nitori would agree.
Psykoakuma chapter 2 . 5/12
Hmm... The first chapter definitely has a very different feel to it. And then I see this is going to be a darker book? I can believe it. So Renko wound up training with Marisa anyway! (Well amongst the others too). It's great to see Yukaribel is getting on much better with Ran now. I like how everything is evolving, not just the two main characters (as you might expect), but the world around them as well.
pltrgst chapter 10 . 4/27
i hope the pc98 characters to come..
i heard mugetsu is as strong as flan.
DschingisKhan chapter 13 . 7/15/2013
You maniac, you blew it up? You got me there, I must admit: I didn't expect the moon to pull off a Kefka.

As to the content, I'm not sure how to react; this is all looking very grim! There are some faces conspicuously absent, too... thus far. What will Mugenkan do? Kazami Yuuka is surely rather cross with the moon for destroying so many flowers. Makai? Surely Alice doesn't have so much pride that she would fail to call home. Maybe Lady Mima might stir? And Remilia Scarlet is unlikely to let her chance for revenge on the moon people to slip away!

You've saved many aces in the hole, there. And now you've even invoked Elle. The number of characters that might come out of the woodwork is... substantial.

You've said from the start that you aim for happy endings, but even with that in mind, you've sown some delightful uncertainty. I guess I had best keep going, then...
Fleija chapter 7 . 11/26/2012
You killed the world, you bastard! My heart was torn asunder and a chill ran up my veins after I finished that paragraph. Great job.