Reviews for Strange Currencies
asta chapter 1 . 4/24
awwww so sweet! absoltuely love it~
Idril Elle chapter 1 . 1/23/2013
Beautifuly written 3
Ethelwyn chapter 1 . 1/5/2012
Totally, absolutely, heavenly cute! As a Bleach first shot done really good. You might have called it a writing exercise, but it's much more. The only thing "wrong" is a whispered Bankai from Ichigo. I guess only Renji can be louder shouting it, than Ichigo ;) I totally loved your description of the glade. It's an even more beautiful and tranquil place than in the anime itself!

Thanks for a wonderful story!
Alt3etf chapter 1 . 12/19/2011
*squee*
gollumsfriend chapter 1 . 1/24/2011
This pairing is far from my favorite, but that doesn't change the fact that it's a beautiful story from you.

Since you're only at episode 120 at the time you wrote this, I really look forward to future stories from you, regardless of the pairing!
MoonyMarauder chapter 1 . 1/16/2011
This one is written beautifully!
remuslupn chapter 1 . 1/11/2011
Aw. 3 That was so cute. 3 Amazing.
8MercuryHg0 chapter 1 . 12/29/2010
I love this story and how it's so DETAILED! I mean, I read the first paragraph, and I'll admit, I was a little bored of it by about the second line, but then I continued reading and realized that you have the perfect balance of action and description. You have amazing vocabulary as well... Oh yeah, and I also enjoyed how you hinted at the feelings Uryuu had for Ichigo but never affirmed it outright. By the way, I'm not sure if you know this, but Ishida's first name is actually Uryuu... so it might sound more natural if they both referred to each other by either first names (Uryuu, Ichigo) or last names (Ishida, Kurosaki).
The Jorgmund Piper chapter 1 . 12/26/2010
Well, I like to leave a little time between editing and reviewing, but this is ridiculous! So sorry it's taken me so long to put this up.

-Your love of art and ability to paint with words have never been more evident than in this beautiful story. The opening paragraph is an especially gorgeous meditation on everything that is so wonderful about an unspoiled natural setting.

-"a waterfall gurgled out its eternal song": I love this line.

-What a superb contrast of the the outward harmony and and perfection of the nature setting and Ishida's inner turmoil and frustration.

-I also love the contrast of the opening paragraph's serenity, and the second section's bustle and chaos.

-Ah, the tension between Ishida and Ichigo is palpable-so well written. The obvious attraction mixed with the ingrained learned necessity of repulsion.

-"High up in the sky hung a Titian blue moon, enveloping the world below in the deep, dusky haze of its sapphire embrace." This is, quite simply, one of the most stunningly beautiful lines I have ever read. I am constantly amazed by your seemingly effortless ability to create these word paintings.

-"And Ishida, deep down, preferred to be alone.": Story and reality intersect... :-)

-I haven't seen or read Bleach, so this story is the only knowledge I have so far, but you make the hollow quite terrifyingly real and truly scary. The tension and "creep factor" are excellent in the action scene.

-"As if Ishida were his real opponent...": And this makes this scene even more complex and fascinating. The physical fight with the hollow, and the mental fight with himself as he tries to get his powers to work, fights the memory of his grandfather's prejudice against the Shinigami, and resists Ichigo's attempts to help him. So much happening in such a short time. So many layers to the action. Love it!

-I love the idea that Ishida's powers have faltered because he is denying what his heart truly wants. He keeps telling himself that he must draw his power from his heart, but he is keeping it locked away, refusing to allow it to be free. What a beautiful thing to see his powers return as he slowly allows his heart to break free of constraint and "Quincy pride" and to accept and love Ichigo.

Fluff or not, that was a lovely twist on the Romeo and Juliet archetype, and beautifully told. Your artistry with words continues to be a joy and delight, and I'm glad you continue to share your talent with us.
TheAngelOfLucifer chapter 1 . 12/26/2010
Wow... That truly left me speechless. Your writing style and vocabulary are beautiful and succinct, that was truly the best written fanfic I've ever read. Absolutely fantastic, and so moving.

It was a true pleasure to read, thank you :)
Pheonix09 chapter 1 . 12/21/2010
That was one of the best Ichiury fics that I have read, awesome job on this and I can't wait for the next one.
kiiroi yumetobu chapter 1 . 12/20/2010
OMG. I was so freakin' excited when I saw in my email "new story by sisyphean effort" that I almost jumped out of my chair!

This was just so beautiful, I think you have a very good background knowledge of Bleach, and even if it's 'a piece of pointless romantic fluff' or to practice your similes and metaphors, I was totally captured from beginning to end. Your description of the natural background was lyrical and beautiful yet not over the top, and their personalities are captured perfectly- with your own little touch to it that distinguishes you from other writers :

ahhhhh it was amazing! sometimes the whole 'ishida telling ichigo to go away etc. etc.' could be overdone, but the way you did it was well balanced.

The allegory between the aim of the arrow and the heart~~ I can't remember the exact phrase from the anime (it's been a long time since I watched it) was just spot-on, it really breaks my heart~~ so pretty~~ yeah, it would've been a better solution for ichigo to help him rather than having to put on that funny... arm thingy magic.

anyway, without further ado, totally perfect, can't tell that you're in a low point in your writing AT ALL! *faints*
PsychoLolly chapter 1 . 12/20/2010
Wow. Just... WOW.

First off, your writing style is breathtakingly beautiful. It's as close to perfection as I've ever seen. Amazing. You're really an inspiration and I'll come over to ask for your hand in marriage soon.

Second, I am willing to worship you, if you'll let me, for writing this pairing. The lack of love for this couple's depressing. :/

So THANK YOU for creating this masterpiece. Thank you so so very much.

... I'm horrible at reviewing, as you can see. There's so much praise in my heart for you right now, it's going to explode. But there're no words for me to correctly let you know how strongly I feel about this fic. And no, I'm not this creepy all the time; it's your work's fault!

Thank you again! 3

And please do let me know if you write another piece on these two. :)
x.naomi.chan.x chapter 1 . 12/19/2010
I love this cute little onshot! just your description of literature and how u compare things like keigo behavior and ishidas mouth and other things is just simply amazing. i love the ending its so freaking cute. For being your first time, i can tell ur going to be an amzing writer and cant wait for more bleach stories froom you.
UP2L8 chapter 1 . 12/19/2010
Is there any style you don't do well? I was so happy to see this alert come up, you have no idea! This is beautifully done; the visuals you conjure are amazing. And the fluff . . . that perfect mix of light and dark is still your signature. This was just what I needed after a long day of doing practically nothing, and guilting over it. :)