Reviews for Mary Mary? Quite Contrary!
LivesForTheReveal chapter 2 . 9/26/2014
When you say spoiler after it's already spoiled... it's sort of late... -_-
Pom Rania chapter 10 . 9/22/2014
Re the God Mode Sue bit, there's an interesting quote I came across online: "There are no overpowered characters, only under-challenged ones."
So your character can blow up planets? Great! Have them fight someone who can blow up SOLAR SYSTEMS.
Your character is a powerful psychic in a world of non-powered mortals? Sounds cool! Let's see how they take on the paperwork that comes from ruling the world.
Maybe those examples aren't the best, I came up with them on the spur of the moment, but they serve to illustrate the point. If your character's winning too easy, it's boring for the readers, and likely to make them call Sue; expand the battlefield (to something more powerful), or narrow it down (to the parts of themself they hate), or both. It is possible to have a character remain likeable while winning everything easily, but that takes either serious writing skill, comedic talent, or putting that character in a background role (easiest by far).
Chemistry-Death chapter 4 . 7/26/2014
Yeah, it's quite hard for me to go through such a crappy paragraph. It's those type of writing or those that doesn't conform to the general way of how to write a story in English drives me away. If I find it not engaging to me, I stop. Despite knowing very little about FMA, I can understand this. If I place them in a different fandom, I can make similarities of what the Mary Sues would be.
Guest chapter 15 . 7/9/2014
O.o Wow.

Well, first of all, I came here to find advice on how to keep the Sue disease away from my OC. Thanks, btw-your advice really helps.

Then I got to chapter 14.

Reaction 1: *becomes robot* ALERT! ALERT! MARY-SUE SENSED! EVASIVE ACTION! EVASIVE ACTION!

Reaction 2: ...Huh?

Reaction 3: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Well done. Keep going please!
A is for 'Anonymous chapter 14 . 7/11/2013
AHAHAHA! America showed up!
Guest chapter 11 . 7/11/2013
I have a perfect example for something like this! s/5218118/1/Yet-again-with-a-little-extra-help
Puppy-Sama InuYasha chapter 15 . 6/12/2013
I found myself laughing at the snarkiness a lot. You did great! I think I might make something like a, "How to Avoid Mary Sue," thing, but then again, the team may scrap it.
Caveat Lector 52 chapter 10 . 2/19/2013
I love this chapter, really I do. Specifically the part about copy-cat sues. It's just lazy writing, in my option, and every fandom has a freaking abundance of them.
Caveat Lector 52 chapter 2 . 1/11/2013
Allure, really? Please tell me you didn't read a fanfic with a Homunculus named Allure. That's not a sin, it's a perfume add! "So alluring, it's sinful." Pff, stupid.
Caveat Lector 52 chapter 1 . 12/7/2012
I don't normally comment on this, but I love your title! So much more interesting than "How not to make a sue!"

You make a couple of really fine points, especially #1. Some of these people have a very romanticized view of military life, which I find a little strange, since FMA takes great pains to should the exact opposite.

Never apologies for digs at Justin Bieber (other wise, the whole internet would be doing nothing but!)
Timetrixter22 chapter 1 . 7/25/2012
Hehehe, awesome
Cocoa.Quack chapter 1 . 7/16/2012
Oh geez.
Oh MAN.
This is gold.
It's helpful and humorous. ;o;
Guest chapter 1 . 7/16/2012
This is funny and amazing.
Thank you for writing this. ;o;
Owlsweety chapter 15 . 7/8/2012
What I MEANT to say...she does get her butt kicked quite a lot of times, he abuses her at first, and it's not live at first sight. My grammar might have been confusing. -"
Owlsweety chapter 15 . 7/8/2012
I am a new author on this site (I can't login through my phone), and I have to thank you for this guide. It has helped me a lot and I really hope FFN doesn't take it down because it gives all the advice that flamers Mary-Sue stories forget to give. :) my only question for you (besides when are you going to update lol) is that my character does end up in a relationship with Envy...but not after a LOT of plot development and of him pwning her butt several times...should I get rid of the planned romance? DX I don't think he acts OOC, but...