Reviews for Estranged Equals
Chantal du Lac chapter 6 . 5/5/2014
Hey Salisha, I'm very glad you updated! It's been a while since I've read Tekken fanfiction, what can I say, it's been a while since I've played Tekken (!), but your stories are so good, they immediately draw me in. I love the angsty atmosphere, the development of the characters, it's really great. I hope you go back to Tekken for a while and manage to finish this one.
HappyMe-O chapter 6 . 1/12/2014
This chapter felt tense. Reading it, I could feel Hwoarang's feelings. Like he was angry and worried throuout the chapter. I could tell he was defanitly angry about something, but I guess I don't blame him. Then with A war going on I guess feelings will be overwhelming.

I like that Hwoarang couldn't lie to Xiaoyu. He's right though sooner or later he'll have to choose sides.

Jin came at the end. I was a bit surprised myself. Though Hwoarang seems angry at the other, which he has the right to be, I can't help but feel there is still some tenderness towards him. With Jin, with Jin laying against him. Hwoarang didn't push him off even though he wanted to. Maybe he feels bad? Or maybe something is there.

Very interesting chapter. I will be reading the next one! Looking forward to it too. But I can't promise it will be tonight. I have it marked for tomorrow as a bedtime story. I'll be readign the whole story again then as well. Really Lovering it! 3 thanks for the update!
Razer Athane chapter 6 . 1/7/2014
HORY SHET ITS BACK

The room being isolated I liked idek why hngh hnnngh fkhdjsf

WHY DOESN'T HE WANT STEVE WITH HIM NO FUCK YOU YOU'RE GOOD TOGETHER OK BYE

When they arrive at the ghost town, haunting

THE PART WITH FUCKING XIAOYU I'M -FLINGS SELF INTO THE SUN-

FROM WHEN JIN SAYS HE CAN'T SLEEP TO THE END I'M FALLING IN LOVE WITH THESE TWO COS OF YOU ALL OVER AGAIN GDI SALYSHA

And le welcome back
Katie chapter 5 . 9/19/2013
when's next chapter coming out?
Miss Dorii Damage chapter 5 . 11/7/2011
Eek! Lovely stuff, more please _ xoxo
Miss Dorii Damage chapter 5 . 11/7/2011
Eek! Lovely stuff, more please _ xoxo
Erinnyes chapter 5 . 10/16/2011
This is so infuriating!

Why is it that the good authors who can write guy-on-guy romance really good are the ones who update so slow?

I adore the way you conveyed the scenes; it totally painted a picture in my head. The feelings of the (male) characters were to their own right without making them whiny (this is the common sinner of writing yaoi).

So good. SO. GOOD.
A Road Unturning chapter 5 . 9/24/2011
Your writing is steeped in quirk. Reading through this chapter again, I was taken with your creative language choices, and how amusing they were, and yet had the balance of not falling into being too abstract that they disconnected from the story.

"...night owls might still be battling post-party hangovers..."

Loved it!

Lars's characterisation was charismatic yet mysterious, and you had Baek's steel and hidden affection for his student down pat. This was a great chapter, bristling with tensions of what was to come. Something is forming behind the scenes!

Lovely stuff, as always.
Another-of-Me chapter 5 . 8/23/2011
Emotions was playing with his mind. Even though Jin always the number one but now, them, starting to creeping.

Hard to read, great to more and more.

Keep writing!
EnigmaticMemory chapter 5 . 8/23/2011
It's been a quite while! XD

Hmmm...Lars and Hwoarang...It does a body GOOD! :D

-EnigmaticMemory
just-a-shadow-of-death chapter 1 . 8/12/2011
Yeah. It's been a long time since I read another good Hwoarang/Jin. This looks great. Thanks.
HappyMe-O chapter 5 . 8/10/2011
Hwoarang meeting Lars, it seemed kind of awkward in my opinon. Though I liked it. It was simple but awkward. Then now Hwoarang has a new room. I wonder whats up. Is it for Jin's benfits or something else? I am looking forward to the next chapter to see what is going on.

Great work!
The Angel of Malice and Mizery chapter 5 . 8/9/2011
Y'know, I read this on Adult Fanfiction, and didn't know until yesterday the story was also posted here.

This story has quite a shocking start considering how sweet things ended in "Intimate Rivals," but I like so far!

It was cute how Hwoarang was jealous of Lars. And Steve(love him), well, he's an example of fine comraderie, poor guy, seeing his friend move out.

Anyways, great writing (as usual),very descriptive. Plus, loving the emotion you put into the characters.

Sorry if this review sounds suckish; I just want to let you know I can't wait for more!
Razer Athane chapter 5 . 8/7/2011
Welcome back, dude.

LARS' NAME IS IN THE TITLE IT SOUNDS GOOD ALREADY

You're staying here, too? Hwoarang's mind reeled. What the hell kind of a game are you playing? - Jealousy!

The eyes showed intelligence and humor. - I don't know why, but this really stood out to me. Its not that its 'poetic' but it just seems so real and true to describe Lars. Great work!

Okay so the way you were building up the very beginning of Hwoarang and Baek's chat made it seem as though Baek was going to confront/ask/etc Hwoarang if he were gay. And then this line came up:

"Are you ready for this?"

Lost my shit right there. XD

Generous to a fault. - This stood out too like the Lars line I was on about before, but obviously for Steve XD

sinfully inviting - Great!

Nice work.
A Road Unturning chapter 4 . 6/8/2011
"That's not—" The negation was drowned out when there was a knock on the door, and Hwoarang missed the hurt. - LOVE.

Oh crumpled blankets of buggery. A sudden appearance by Jin was not what I was expecting. You managed to interweave tenative tenderness, a sense of pathos and even a shred of quirky humor in their scene together. I adored the metaphors of the corridors, the almost intimacy of their walk, and how Hwo's cooling of emotion becomes touching and awkward.

Steve's jealousy was well written and added a nice dimension to his character.

Small nitpick - "Grit" I think you meant gritted, as in the past tense.

Fantastic work, as usual.