Reviews for Old Souls
lara5170 chapter 1 . 7/16
Did the dragons know he'd died?
Anonymous chapter 1 . 8/26/2015
My eyes are stinging right now, so sad yet so beautiful. This one really touched my heart, and now I'm starting to cry. This is one of the reasons why I love HTTYD fandom, everything is so close to your heart. Thank you for making such a wonderful story, keep it up.
-Anonymous
mordreek chapter 1 . 2/21/2015
This was so sweet and melancholy it was close to pain. They had such a life together as many would envy, and their last moments with one another were those of peace, love, and song. Sweet memories of better days wove through their souls like dancing breeze in an ancient forest, deep and vast.
Flawlessjohn chapter 1 . 7/30/2014
By god I just came across this! that was beautiful to read and sad yet joyful. You have a real talent I think :)
CelticPheonix chapter 1 . 11/16/2013
Beautiful, as intended. I like your choice of music(The game is one of my favourites ever), although the Skyrim version(remembering it's basically the same thing, rewritten for the fifth game) seems like a better fit for vikings. Nerevar Rising IS still one of the most hauntingly beautiful songs ever though. I salute you, and your choice of music.
Frostbite Brandson chapter 1 . 4/14/2013
I. Loved. This. So. Much.
Anonymous chapter 1 . 9/15/2012
I'd like to tell you that was a beautiful story. So much love and sadness most stories don't have emotion. Your story however had so much emotion i was blown away. I think you should really consider a career in writing. That was just wonderful.
LoPe21 chapter 1 . 12/2/2011
I didn't cry but I freely admit to being misty eyed.

The final eulogy by the dragons was a masterful touch.
Katwizzle chapter 1 . 10/29/2011
when i finished i found out i was crying. this was amazing.
Romance and Musicals chapter 1 . 8/29/2011
This was amazing. It broke my heart. Especially the part that was about Toothless dying. Toothless is a part of Hiccup, I can't imagine one without the other. I also can't even begin to imagine how Hiccup must have felt. And aww, now poor Astrid is all alone. I thought it was amazing how all the dragons knew that Hiccup had passed. Excellent job. I need to go read something funny now.
Irako of the Desert chapter 1 . 8/27/2011
I cried at this one, too. Dragon mourning is a haunting thing to imagine, even if they're not psychic like on Pern. And to think that Toothless, the incredible Ferrari of dragons is dead here? NOOOOOOO!

I will be sad to ever read how that happened. Please warn me so that I can skip.
Janna Silver Hawkins chapter 1 . 3/27/2011
Beautiful and still so very sad. I love it.
keep-me-posted chapter 1 . 3/27/2011
Wow. Just wow. Beautifully written story. Perfect in so many ways. I was crying by the end of it - I'll admit it. The way you can write such details and make a person feel as though they are in the very room with the characters is beyond amazing.

I think my favorite lines was "There had been different phases of Hiccup throughout her life. Weakling Hiccup, Hero Hiccup, the short-lived Jerk Hiccup, Chief Hiccup, Hiccup the father—the list went on." More so, because I'm interested in the 'short-lived Jerk Hiccup' part. If there was ever a time you could explain that further in future stories, that'd be just awesome, lol.

Also, this part: "She took his face and kissed him fiercely, sending all of her love into him so he knew—forever—even in the afterlife that it was she who would always love him.

He blinked a bit stunned; they were at an age where nothing so passionate had come from her in a long while."

That was just..beautiful. I just love how you wrote it and I love to think that no matter how old a couple is or how long they've been together, they can still feel, as you said, passion, or be surprised by one's actions.

I wish I had more to say about this OneShot. I'm sorry it's been so long since I've read/commented on any of your stories. Sometimes life just gets in the way. Keep up the great work! :D
LovelyFarron chapter 1 . 3/27/2011
Very emotional and moving. I think my favorite line is "'and you still have an ocean in your eyes.'"

Keep up the great work!
I don't know what to say chapter 1 . 3/27/2011
I don't know what to say. Its Amazing.