Reviews for Doubt and Wonder
Anshu chapter 1 . 2/22
Not quite as aloof as he’d like to believe. Witty Serenity left the package behind… just out of curiosity which chocolates she buy? I also wonder what Seto and Téa would gift each other. Lol! Very entertaining, and I love the glimpse in the Wheeler siblings past Christmas experience. Eloquent one-shot, nice done! Thank you for writing and sharing it.
deactivated82940 chapter 1 . 4/2/2011
Aw, that was really cute, with Otogi feeling that he was part of the group and friends and awww.
sherabo chapter 1 . 1/19/2011
this story is really beautiful and delightful to read. I'm late but you uplifted my night. Thanks Happy new Year and the best writing to you... Sherabo
newperson chapter 1 . 12/22/2010
This was a cute story to stumble across.

I love Duke's aloof character here and how he doesn't feel like "part of the gang" (to the point he didn't even think to check the tag! LOL). I'm not sure how intentional your characterization was, but he feels more like the manga Duke, who is certainly more marginal than Ryou Bakura (since he was introduced to the "gang" last and his crazy father/absent mother explains his aloofness). This is flipped in the animated series, with Duke getting more screen time than Bakura (seeing as he gets to take part in the filler episodes while the latter was unconscious).

Even if this reference wasn't intentional, I enjoyed all the little details such as the different consumer niche Black Crown and the Turtle Game shop attracted, to their hiring tactics and products, as well as cameos from various minor characters and Duel Monsters Monopoly (which I totally want for Christmas) for crying out loud. The ending was, of course, what sealed the deal for the "AWW" factor in the story. A perfect slice-of-life Christmas tale without the need for melodrama. Thank you, and I wish you happy holidays.
dragonlady222 chapter 1 . 12/21/2010
Very sweet. Serenity is a very underrated member. I hope he appreciates her.
Pfefferminztea chapter 1 . 12/19/2010
Cute without being fluffy - I like it. )
The Duelist's Heiress chapter 1 . 12/19/2010
Awwwwwwww this was so cute. I love the idea of the board games. And I loved the mention of the chocolate shop as well. This was wonderful.

As always wonderful job. I know I have a lot of your updates still to read. I'll certainly put a dent in those over the next few weeks.

TDH
LuckyLadybug chapter 1 . 12/19/2010
Eeee! This is wonderful. Thank you so much! It's so nice to read a story about Duke and Serenity and David. They're all perfectly IC, of course, and the plot is peaceful and sweet, perfect for Christmas.

Joey and Tristan's game of catch highly amuses me. LOL. And oh, hello Rex. I like the mention of him showing up there and seeming happier.

Serenity arriving to get presents for everyone is so cute. I love her reminiscences about Christmas with Joey. But poor Duke, thinking he's being excluded from the gift list.

I would totally buy Duel Monsters Clue.

I love David's comment about Duke not eating while helping a customer.

LOL. Duke not even thinking to check the tag is both amusing and sad. His realization at the end, about the package representing acceptance, is lovely.

Also, I must say I adore the style you have going here. It looks slightly different from your previous style and I think I like it better. The narration is just done so well! Not that you haven't done good narration before, but this is even more amazing. You're always improving with your writing.

Again, thank you so much! I love this; it's perfect!
Marie1964 chapter 1 . 12/19/2010
From what I know of Yu-Gi-Oh, I enjoyed this story very much. I can definitely see Yugi yelling at Joey and Tristan about getting crumbs on the floor. Combining Duel Monsters with classic board games was an interesting touch. That was very nice of Serenity to give him a gift, in addition to her closer friends. [This would make for a good HH story, rewritten to have Olsen or Langenscheidt, etc., take the place of Duke.]
ForestGuardian311 chapter 1 . 12/18/2010
Hey!

How've you been? Still patiently waiting for an update to "Eine Mitternachtsstimme." Don't worry though, you're not the only one who seems to be busy...I have two other stories that haven't been updated since this past summer. ) Anyhow, this was sweet. One small mistake though:

"Duke genuine felt happy for her." I think it should be "genuinely." Just a small error, though.

Funny you should take the approach that Duke isn't really one of the gang, because in my opinion, after the whole Dungeon Dice Monsters fiasco, he has been one of the gang...almost more so than Ryou (whom I really feel sorry for). But that little opinion of mine aside, this was great!

Hope you're doing well, and continue to write!