Reviews for The Beauty of the Dark
Cassandra30 chapter 1 . 5/24/2011
Really excellent but I don't think that is what Salazar had in mind.
IronSpockMaster chapter 1 . 1/3/2011
The descriptions and the colours... You paint such a wonderful picture.

This is from the point of the basilisk, right? It really works. It's so... I want to say in character, although obviously the basilisk didn't have much character in the first place, but what I'm trying to say is that it really makes you *feel* for the snake.

It's short, but sometimes the best things are short. And it's wonderful.
lydiamaartin chapter 1 . 12/31/2010
My apologies, I'm not a fan of slash / Also, this caught my eye as I was scrolling down your profile! What an intriguing subject to write about! I think you captured the basilisk's feelings very well considering the fact that it's, well, a /basilisk/ XD For something so short, you managed to portray a lot of emotion!

Great job, and keep writing!
ACCT REMOVED chapter 1 . 12/19/2010
I've never read a story from the point of view of the basilisk before, but I liked it. I like how it was almost excited at the appearance of Tom Riddle (Voldemort) even though most would dread that. Also the writing was good, and it was very descriptive.

Loved it.

D
verity candor chapter 1 . 12/19/2010
Gorgeous - the flowing of the language mimics the movement of the basilisk, and you do a wonderful job capturing it's existence, it's mission, and it's, I suppose, feelings. Beautiful job.
Haruko-Mizumi chapter 1 . 12/19/2010
Very interesting. I never thought I'd see anything like this.

Excellent work. The writing is just fantastic.