Reviews for Scale the Glass Mountain
Amber chapter 11 . 2/25/2012
Wow.

I do like this plot that they don't like each other but you can tell some feelings are still there.

Oh PLEASE carry on!

I noticed it hasn't been updated for a while but I wanna know what happens. PLEASE! (No pressure)

I will actully make you my God and pray to you if you update this story reguly (Again no pressure)

P.S. Sorry for spelling mistakes if there are any! xx
Phoenix South chapter 11 . 1/23/2012
This story can hold your attention from start to finish is so good to see Jesse and Rachel bubbling with anger you can really imagine them doing it. Cris you are incredibly talented I am a frequent reader of fanfics that not only the shipper but also you House MD is a very good writer congratulations for talent!
xGLEEKYx chapter 9 . 1/18/2012
I wasn't going to reveiw until I got to the end of what you have posted already but that was to funny! Their childish fighting is GOLD! :D
northstar61 chapter 11 . 11/20/2011
Yes, Rachel is acting like a child, but she’s hurt and angry, and she’s lashing out in the only way she feels she can right now. Shelby’s right about Rachel loving to sing, and under any other circumstance, she’d be jumping at the chance to show off her vocal prowess in front of the other students, but she’s trying to reclaim some little bit of control over her life’s choices, that currently appear to rest in the hands of others.

It’s fascinating to watch the interplay between Shelby and Jesse, and to see just how much Rachel hates it. She may not consciously want to have anything to do with either of them at this point, but deep down, she resents the fact that her mother and her ex-boyfriend share a closeness that she’s not privy to. I firmly believe that there’s a part of her that wants that sort of relationship with both of them, although she’s far from being ready or willing to acknowledge it.

I loved how Jesse instantly knew he and Rachel wouldn’t like the roles they were being assigned, just from the fact that Shelby was handing them out privately, rather than in front of the other students. Rachel’s reaction was predictable, and I got a real kick out of Jesse’s concern for his hair. ;)

Rachel may think that nothing gets under Jesse’s skin, but he’s simply more skilled at hiding it than she is. I’m fairly certain she’ll eventually see that he’s not as impervious to others – especially her – as he seems. For now, she’ll have a chance to prove that she can be professional, even when thrust into a situation that she loathes. In spite of Shelby’s little lecture, I’m guessing that Jesse and Rachel will end up causing trouble for the production. I wonder if it’ll be the director or their peers that will ultimately convince them to behave.
northstar61 chapter 10 . 11/20/2011
How difficult for Rachel to be stuck in NYC, and for her dads to have, in her eyes, abandoned her to the care of people who don’t love her. She feels betrayed and resentful, and although she’s vowed that she’ll do what’s asked of her, Jesse’s presence will always throw a wrench into things. He gets under her skin, and makes her react in ways that she’s powerless to control. If she clings to her stubborn desire not to talk to him, they’ll be stuck in this situation for a very long time.

Somewhat of a shock for Rachel to find out that her dads had caught her and Jesse in bed together on many occasions – even if they weren’t doing anything wrong, it was clear evidence of the intimacy that existed between them. To have that essentially thrown back in her face now, when she doesn’t want Jesse to touch her, puts her in a very awkward position. Personally, I love the fact that Jesse can’t seem to keep from wrapping himself around her whenever they’re in bed together. :)

I feel bad for both of them, but especially Jesse at this point. He’s stuck in a place he doesn’t want to be, and he’s had enough experience with both Becca and Shelby to understand that they mean business and won’t back down. He’s already had to deal with Rachel’s childish dousing of his clothes, and now she’s left him believing he might have hurt her to a degree he could not even begin to imagine was possible. His life sucks at the moment, and it’s all due to Rachel’s reappearance in it. I suspect it will take a long time for the animosity between them to ebb, and for their old feelings to resurface, and I’m incredibly curious to see how you get them from their current state to that future one.
erinsgirl chapter 11 . 11/12/2011
Fantastic.

Loved the way Rachel doesn't know whether Jesse's sucking up or actually trying to look out for her. It's obvious to us readers that he's worried she'll get herself into more trouble but Rachel still doesn't know.

Love their reactions to their parts. I was expecting you to have them play romantic leads so it was a nice little twist. I didn't actually realise The Secret Garden was a musical so another little surprise. I thought Jesse being more optimistic was good especially when it was a part played by someone he respected as an actor. He knows Shelby better as Rachel observed so he knows the what he can and can't push with her.

For the record I don't think Rachel or Jesse are acting too chidlishly. They're both still teenagers, you mentioned earlier that she was sixteen and he can't be anymore than 19. Of course they're going to act like that when their stressed especially when they're both so dramatic.

I’m in my early twenties, a uni grad and have a full-time job and I can still act like a five-year –old when I want to.;) Rachel and Jesse are both a lot more mature than most people they’re age but they’re still young.

Can’t wait till the next chap.
Broadwayfreak5357 chapter 11 . 11/9/2011
OMG THE SECRET GARDEN! BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YESSSSSSSSSS!

favorite. movie. ever. ok not really, but i love it :P

don't have time to review but I wanted to leave a quick blurb :)

love this :)

more :)

xx Sage
zoellaa chapter 11 . 11/9/2011
Great chapter! Personally I love the bickering. Plus you don't want them to forgive each other and get back together so soon.

I also like how Jesse doesn't seem to eager to apologise to her and make her forgive him. It makes a nice change from all the stories out there where he comes back begging for her forgiveness and another chance.

Hope to see more soon!
sillystarshine chapter 11 . 11/9/2011
i love this story! its so good! can't wait for more! funny right when jesse called rachel Mistress Mary i was like are they doing the Secret Garden? lol!
auhaes23 chapter 11 . 11/9/2011
Great chapter ! I loved to read it
roseprincess chapter 11 . 11/9/2011
oh please switch to jesses pov, and could you please explain the concept of the play
kikis2 chapter 11 . 11/9/2011
So glad you updated :) Love, love, love this story!

But I don't really get what Rachel's doing so wrong (except for the whole silly going rogue thing). She's actually handling things pretty well. I mean being forced to live with a guy who egged her and then bribed into a working relationship with the mother who downright rejected her-it's a bitter pill to swallow. I would have just thrown a fit at the indignity of it all, threatened to walk back to Ohio, then pawned my watch for a bus ticket home. And I'm much more "mature" than Rachel lol.

Can't wait to read more!
Guest chapter 10 . 10/30/2011
This is a really good story, but it makes me want to punch Rachel in the face. She's being such a baby! I hope she figures that out soon. I LOVE Jesse's aunt Becca! She's so funny!
margaux-hz chapter 10 . 10/25/2011
The best St. Berry history i ever read!
frenchirishjewel chapter 10 . 10/21/2011
good story it would be awesome though if you actually updated more instead of like once a month lol
145 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »