Reviews for Scale the Glass Mountain
Lynne 25 chapter 10 . 10/15/2011
Good continue
lylyevans chapter 10 . 10/15/2011
oh my god!awesome story, you should make one argument and they end up kissing!1really st berry
erinsgirl chapter 10 . 10/13/2011
Hi (I'm posting without logging in cause the site wouldn't let give a second review and I accidentally hit the button before I could mention this. Shh!)

I just wanted to add that I loved Rachel's interaction with her dads. The way you convey that she, unconciously at least, feels they kind of abandoned her the same way others have (Jesse and Shelby amoung others) is excellently done. I love how Leroy's the traditional protective father and Hiram's the sensible, practical 'mother' figure.

It was hilarious how she bluffed about possibly sleeping with Jesse and then get flustered when they called her on it. He just came over to talk and then just didn't leave. Ha.

As Northstar mentions in her own fantastic fic Rachel's birthdate is 18/12/94 (she states it in Dream On)so that makes her 16 in the current season, 14 at the beginning of season 1 and barely 15 when she meets Jesse who is approximately 18 (?) at the time.

The shifting reaction towards the topic is a good reflection of how despite the fact that she is much more mature than her age, she is still pretty innocent. (Although with Rachel its probably an innocence she'll always have no matter how old she gets or what she experiences. It seems like her character.)

Just wanted to mention how great your balancing the fact that despite their maturity they're both still teens and have alot of trouble dealing with their current feelings and circumstances.
erinsgirl chapter 10 . 10/13/2011
Fantastic. I love any update even if angsty. Frankly some StBerry stories have them exchanging two words and living happily ever after. They're good stories but not overly realistic. Your story is. They need to work through their issues first.

I like their interaction here. Jesse's fustrated and Rachel isn't willing to budge. She's right about him needing to stop forcing her though. I'm curious about Jesse's thoughts on the current turn of events, we've got Rachel's but Jesse's are still only hinted at.

Nice little part about Rachel missing her friends. Glad you mentioned Puck. I like the Puckleberry friendship. To me its a variation of the sibling relationship, like the way Hummelberry is. (An incestuous one maybe but still.) Puck thinks Rachel's an annoying know-it-all and she'll lecture him about just anything but they still see each other's good points and will defend each other even while fighting with one another.

So happy to see another chapter! I accidentally spoiled myself and ended up sick for four days (the two may not be directly related or I'm possibly an even bigger drama queen than Rachel and Jesse :)) so seeing this was a great pick-me-up. Can I just say we so need another week. Even an angsty one.
kikis2 chapter 10 . 10/12/2011
So I found this story this morning, then attempted to read it all day. I have no idea how many times I told my boss I was too busy to do something because I was staring at my mobile screen, trying to finish just one more chapter.

I just love this so much! The characterizations are perfect. Rachel and Jesse's drama queen-theatrics are hilarious. His aunt is totally bad ass. And I adore that Shelby taught him the manners to go along with the attitude-too adorable.

All the relationships are complex and amazing...And am I gushing too much? I'm just in love with this, and you should really write more.

Please? :)
Valerie Forest chapter 10 . 10/12/2011
squeeeeeee 3 amazing. can't wait for more.
bouquineuse chapter 10 . 10/11/2011
You have so got me hooked on this story. The tension and conflict lingered with me for many hours after reading it. Good job!
ladii love chapter 10 . 10/11/2011
WOOT! love it :)
Magdylena Black chapter 10 . 10/11/2011
Yay! An update! Woohoo! Can't wait to read more!
auhaes23 chapter 10 . 10/11/2011
It's so dramatic and sad but so beautiful in the same time ! I just loved it !

Can't wait to read the next chapter !

Your story becomes always more interstand and better after every chapter !
michemistic chapter 10 . 10/11/2011
Thank goodness you updated! When I got the alert I had schoolwork I needed to do first. So I made this my, "reward" after I completed my tasks.

The fact that Jesse is so commanding *more like bossy* made me giggle. The fact that Rachel can just ignore him made me laugh! Like it's one of those moments when Rachel doesn't act like she's younger than him (even though they're equals, there are times the age difference is obvious). I'm sure Rachel is one of the few people that isn't afraid to NOT pamper his ego. Because they are both so bossy. But with Jesse I'm sure he used to being listened to (I blame Vocal Adrenaline), remember how he scolded New Directions for not listening to his, "clearly superior ideas."

Oh boy, "it wasn't like she was still dating Jesse." I'm not ashamed to admit that my IMMEDIATE response was Brittany's, "sex isn't dating." Putting passionate exes that are made for each other sharing a BEDroom and BATHroom? I'm having fun with the crazy idea that Leroy, Hiram, Becca and Shelby are just BEGGING for Jesse and Rachel to make a baby. Here's a crack!theory-maybe it's a zany conspiracy for them all to be one big family via a gorgeous infant and the sufferance is just an excuse? I don't know but I'm just grateful that sharing a bed and shower will inevitably lead to the, "true dirty dance."

What? They still (and will always) have feelings for each other. Their chemistry is just increased with all this unresolved sexual tension (that's so thick I need a chainsaw just to make a dent). I can already taste the angsty, angry-sex about to unfold and I'm looking forward for when it happens (multiple times please and thank you).

UH! My babies! Why must you both make it hard on yourselves and your shippers by denying? I know Rachel will eventually tell Jesse about her bullying and Jesse will actually apoligize for the bruises and the egging. Just as they will reveal their gratitude and relief that Rachel was found before it got too late. Most important is that there will be confessions about their feelings and connection towards each other. We all know they missed each other way too much-those beautiful stubborn kids!

That moment he held onto her waist was so heated and powerful with an added layer of sadness and longing. Rachel's response for Jesse to stop grabbing her? Why must you tease me with this? I'm all for no touching and grabbing if it's not wanted, but it's obviously about the complications of all the drama...and her denial. Come on Jesse tocuh and grab her some more! Rachel can do her revenge by doing the same to him, so everybody wins!

Hopefully performing in New York (i.e., their natural environment) would open up happiness and strengthen their relationship, something they deserve and really need right now.

My most favorite part? Jesse holding Rachel while they slept! I was waiting for that! My heart is fluttering with joy that we had one moment of (foreshadowing) sweetness!

Thank you and please limit my anticipation with the a fast update!
D. Kennedy chapter 10 . 10/10/2011
God I missed this story. Please update soon. I love every chapter. I like the plot and how the characters are developing together. I think the pacing is amazing though I would like to see some more interaction between the two now that they are living together I would think the behavior between the two would progress a little more become natural and smooth instead of abrasive and short.

Anyway I just love it. Please updAte sooner this time (I'm one to talk lol but hey I would love to read another chapter soon:))
nepheliad chapter 10 . 10/10/2011
Absolutely loved it ]
JAM.Alex chapter 10 . 10/10/2011
Thanks for the new chapter, I really like it, normally I'm not a big fan of so much anguish but your story works for me. About the history, I can understand Rachel but I like for a moment she stops being so stubborn, I'll wait for the moment when those two are, at least, civilized with each other.
k chapter 10 . 10/10/2011
its a nice story but itd be nice if you updated it more than once a month if that
145 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »