Reviews for The Cycle
StoppableForce chapter 1 . 12/29/2010
Beautiful. You have an amazing style of writing. Keep it up! I was actually tearful at the end. You make the Scout seem so much more than a teen who enjoys hurting people. You don't write on what Valve put into the Scout like other writers. You make your own characteristics. This is really amazing. Write more please. :D
Master of Sorrow chapter 1 . 12/21/2010
It's pretty artistic. Nice.
redexted chapter 1 . 12/20/2010
Nicely written. The short, direct sentences and all the he's gives a very distant and matter-of-fact tone to the story. (All routine to Scout, as the previous reviewer said.) And I like how you interpreted the respawning process.

Some typos in the third last paragraph — 'laying' should be 'lying', 'dieing' should be 'dying'. Sorry for being nitpicky but I think it's better that they don't disrupt the flow of the story.

Keep up the good work! :]
Buscadora chapter 1 . 12/19/2010
I think what I like the most it that you give another look into Scout. You know, besides that fast-talking guy that runs before thinking where he's going.

"Then Scout goes to bed and continues the war at nine tomorrow morning." That's my favorite sentence of all. That sums up very much the word "rutine".

"The oldest claims he's too childish for such games." Maybe it's just that I didn't understood it, but that didn't make sense. Shouldn't it be that such games were too childish for him?
The Black Fool chapter 1 . 12/19/2010
Frigging glorious sory here. Awesome work, man.
nupinoop296 chapter 1 . 12/19/2010
Honey, that was gorgeous.

I can't think of any crit to give. Sorry...
DemonSpyofCakeandCodexes chapter 1 . 12/19/2010
Wow... this is beautiful, I actually found myself tearfull at the end! :(

Poor Scout! And a brilliant idea of tying both the beginning and end together with the same scentance! :D

Favorited, Alerted and Author Faved :) keep it up! :D