Reviews for The Pitfighters Promise
Knight of the Green Banner chapter 1 . 10/31/2013
Pretty good. Almost as if Robert Howard wrote it.
Murazor chapter 1 . 12/7/2012
Very in the style of the original Conan stories.
iwanttobeapaperbackwriter chapter 1 . 3/9/2011
A truly excellent read. I'd like to read more like this from you.
pacificuser chapter 1 . 2/7/2011
Jesus Christ! This is simply amazing! Sure,it could use,a little proof reading... But all in all it is a very high-quality read for free stuff! You do Howard's work justice!
Beta Fett chapter 1 . 1/18/2011
This is excellent. Though it differs somewhat from the usual Conan tales since it is told through the eyes of someone other than Conan, it still holds true to the spirit of REH's yarns. I can really feel some of Howard's prose coming through in parts, and you're obviously a big fan of his style, and knowledgable of the geography of the Hyborian age.

Here comes the contructive part, though. Conan's dialogue-although well emulated from it's source material-did seem a little tame. During the pit fight scene I imagine Howard's Conan would be spitting with vitriolic rage about being reduced to sport for fat Stygian dogs. But, hey, it's a really minor (fanboy's) gripe.

All in all, excellent work. And on you're first fic, too! I wish all fics posted to this site were of the studied quality of this. Thanks for writing. Keep it up, and I'll keep my eyes peeled for more Hyborian adventures from you (hopefully) :)-Betafett
Nefandus chapter 1 . 12/22/2010
Excellent story, a worthy first contribution to the fanfiction sphere. No gripes, except the previously mentioned thickness of the paragraphs giving an initially abstruse appearance. It flows smoothly one one begins to read, though.

Keep it up, boyo!