Reviews for Truth and Lies
sash queen of the jungle chapter 1 . 12/22/2010
Hit the nail on the head he is scared of Emily growing up, scared of telling Gillian about his feelings. Thanks for writing and sharing.
csiAngel chapter 1 . 12/21/2010
Aww, poor Cal. I really like this. Very true to his character, I think. I particularly like the part about facing yourself in the mirror and labels no longer existing. Excellent writing.
LolaRedMuse chapter 1 . 12/20/2010
fave killers: -there were more-

"People know I have secrets; I wouldn't be human if I didn't."

"I fear hurting the people I love the most."

"I'm scared to let people see me for who I really am."

"my obsession with the truth derives from my inability to embrace it myself."

"Being a master of liars makes you a master of lies."

this whiole paragraph : "I seek answers to unwritten questions,..."

"A lot of the time, more pain than comfort."

"ll that is left is the things you know about yourself, and the secrets you try to keep."

"I spend my life exposing lies so I don't have to admit the barest truth of all; that my entire life has become one." faves of faves!

i looved this lil 1 shot! n i think it describes the real Cal sooo accurately that it hurts n i also think that THIS should have been Lightman's book's prologue. it fits perfectly with what he started writing on that actual episode. again, i loooved this! thanks as usual :)
nikkidog chapter 1 . 12/19/2010
Ouch! That definately was angst but very good.
setphaserstosass chapter 1 . 12/19/2010
daaaaaaamn. this is brilliant.
magicdoeshappen chapter 1 . 12/19/2010
Absolutely beautifully written. "Being a master of liars makes you a master of lies." - so powerful. You never fail to disappoint :)
rtlnord chapter 1 . 12/19/2010
Yeah agree with Gidget, great character study!
gidget89 chapter 1 . 12/19/2010
HOW CHEERFUL. Hahahahaha. Seriously though I really like dit - it's an exceleent character study 3
VEEBS8 chapter 1 . 12/19/2010
Wow! That was amazing.

The last line 'I spend my life exposing lies so I don't have to admit the barest truth of all; that my entire life has become one.' is spectacular. It captures Lightman so well.

Awesome story! :)
HughSoSexy chapter 1 . 12/19/2010
This is fantastic! When I started reading it I thought, "Hmm, it's another insight into Gillian." But I was wrong, and very pleasantly surprised! Well written, and so true, IMO. Great job.