Reviews for Easier Than Telling The Truth
Darklightningstorm chapter 6 . 3/30
That was quite interesting.
oo Countess D oo chapter 6 . 4/21/2014
You totally nail Kurt's character. This is one of the best stories I've ever read!
Neomeris chapter 6 . 1/23/2013
You've done a great character study on Kurt in this episode and I adored many of your "thoughts". Kurt remained the strong character we know he is canonically, while submitting to the circumstances, submitting to the fact he cannot fight Karofsky and the entire society backing his bully *and worse*.
I also loved subtle things like Kurt's eternal and all-encompasing love for Burt or the great observation that Kurt's way of dressing isn't just to be his fabulous, different self, but also to emphasize the fact that he won't be broken and changed just because he's mistreated by idiotic bigots.
Thank you so much for your efforts on this fic!
Coffee Klaine chapter 6 . 7/22/2012
Well, your story was great! I've never seen a story that has Kurt being ashamed and humiliated when the harassment became sexual, but it makes perfect sense. Also I'm glad you had what the outcome for Kurt would be if he decided to out Dave, because everyone thinks how terribly Karofsky would be treated, but I think Kurt would have it much worse and would be accused of 'turning' him.

- Coffee-and-klainbows713
hollywood13 chapter 6 . 4/11/2012
so i've never actually seen these episodes of glee yet, but i've been on a bit of a glee-fic binge lately and yours are some of the best i've read! i'll be interested to see these episodes and then come back and re-read the internal monologue you gave kurt. thanks for writing!
StarKid McFly chapter 6 . 3/23/2012
Oh, wow. This is so, so powerful. It's kind of choked me up a bit at how much you really got down into Kurt's character and I love it. You are a very versatile and talented author - this is so deep and emotional and I adore it.

Definitely getting a favourite. :)

SiderumInCaelo chapter 6 . 3/12/2012
This is an impressive fanfic. I can't imagine how many times you re-watched the relevant episodes. This is definitely going into my headcanon of why Kurt never told anyone the real reason Karofsky was bullying him. Also, you portrayed Karofsky brilliantly. On the one hand he's just a scared, gay teenager, but on the other hand his treatment towards Kurt was (borderline?) sexual harassment. And I agree with you that Finn and Mr. Schue were pretty useless. Finn didn't do anything because he thought it would hurt his popularity, which is one of the worst excuses ever, and the appropriate response from a teacher after seeing a student get slammed into a locker is not to give him a cup of water and ask why being bullied bothers him. Because I know I wouldn't be bothered by being physically injured in an place where I'm supposedly safe (that was sarcasm, by the way).
Wol1f3 chapter 6 . 2/26/2012
Fantastic! This was amazing to read! You really did a wonderful job creating an emotional connection with your readers through your character. It really shows what he was feeling, what he was experiencing during that time. Love it.

Berry's Ambitions chapter 6 . 2/24/2012
Ah, crap. Reviewed the wrong story. Still liked the other one lots though. Yeah, I really liked how you wrote Kurt's POV. I could tell you put a lot of effort into it. :)
UtaHagen chapter 6 . 2/19/2012
I loved the story. I think you really got into Kurt's head in a very believable way.
ElizaBuddy chapter 6 . 2/9/2012
Obviously I really liked your story (it is one of my favorites after all) but I think it bears repeating; so here goes -

Your story is really really great. If I sound like a fangirl its cause I am ;) Anyway, Kurt is also my favorite character on glee, and I think you did him real justice in your story. Ive read a lot (no seriuosly too many, it cant be healthy) fanfics with Kurt as narrator, and while I like me some BAMF Kurt - all kinds of Kurt really. What I think youve managed so well is capturing the way he is portrayed on Glee, and expanding on that without "destroying his essence" (that sounds a lot dirtier on paper than what I had in mind.. hmm..)

Moving on! I like that the Kurt in your story is sassy, confident, clever, and all the other things we know him to be. Yet you still portray him as a real person with insecurities and selfdoubt, and the running sarcastic commentary of his thoughts- is to me- dead on, and so funny. We all wish we could be as eloquent and brave as Kurt (or I atleast wish I was that quick with the several-liners) The picture you paint of him explains why he doesnt confide absolutely in anyone around him, why he feels "its his burden to bear alone". I mean, its a very bad time for him (understatement of the century) and yet, Kurt is Kurt and he isnt anywhere near "all angst all the time" or suicidal - you could have gone there quite easily, I think, but you didnt. You tackled that in between perfectly in my opinion- so job really well done:)

No matter what, I will look forward to reading anything you may possibly/hopefully publish in the future.
TheYummyPencil chapter 6 . 1/27/2012
Ah...I hated Furt for so many reasons that have nothing to do with Dave :-/ But your introspection on Kurt is masterful. Well done!

P.S: Spanish is mucho better than French :-)
Guest chapter 1 . 5/26/2011
Wow - that was positively chilling! Loved Kurt's reflections on Shuester. I agree completely that he really let Kurt down. And the line "Karofsky grins like a psychopath when he sees you realize that there's no more room to back up" - OMG!
This guy doesnt have a clue chapter 6 . 5/15/2011
great story
rijane chapter 6 . 5/5/2011
/As soon as you said 'yes', though, and realized it didn't trigger overwhelming feelings of guilt and failure, that's when you knew this was the right decision. Then you hugged Dad and Carole and wept without shame for their lost honeymoon and your salvation./

Oh Kurt, the relief he must have felt! In the last chapter, you described it well - that he'd had a brief taste of freedom and returning to the torture would be nearly unbearable.

/"Oh, Kurt, good. I want to talk to you about this amazing idea I had for a solo for you at sectionals."

That stops you in your tracks.

Now, Mr. Schue? Geez, your timing is as atrocious as that sweater you lifted from the Goodwill rejects bin. So many, many times you've dreamed of hearing those exact words from him, pondered just how brightly to beam, how overtly to gloat (while still appearing appropriately modest) in that triumphant moment when you best Rachel and claim the center spotlight you so richly deserve. But now? It just shows you were right after all – either God is a major jerk, or there is no god at all./

I hated Schue's line in the show - he delivers it poorly and it's just a way to torture poor Kurt as he makes his departure. You've done a great job with Kurt's reaction to him seeing what he was losing and it's more than a solo.

/But you also know from experience that Finn is a fickle beast/

Hear, hear! Finn is all talk and for matters like this, he really can't be trusted :\

/Little Miss Me! Me! Me! has an epiphany. "Does this mean that you're going to be competing against us at Sectionals?"/

Heh. Yeah, that's totally Rachel. And she's lucky Kurt didn't haul off and smack her - priorities, child!

/Everyone looks but they don't really see, because they don't want to see, because that would challenge them to understand and care and maybe even help. Indifference requires no effort. Being closed-minded and mean is more fun. And that's why leaving is easier than staying; why remaining silent is easier – so much easier – than telling the truth./

Love this closing - at the end of the day, Kurt's situation is the fault of the people around him as much as Karofsky. They are complicit in the abuse and leave Kurt with all the hard choices he shouldn't have to make.

Great POV - it untangled the insanity that was that episode, unwinding the behaviors and the motivations and kept Kurt's voice a solid one - while still not making him a victim, which I think he would take as a small triumph in the midst of all this. And, given this experience, Kurt needs all the triumphs he can get.