Reviews for Reality Check
knapper11 chapter 1 . 1/23
This is a great story!
It's really sweet, and both Washu and Ryoko are so tragic that a resolution like this is more satisfying than the one that would really happen. (They are quite OOC in this storyline). Ryoko and Washu change dramatically after the Ryoko/Zero event, and OVA3 barely elaborated on that development. (OVA3 was made ten years later by ONE of the original creators, and he screwed it up so I ignore it).
Regardless of how you portrayed the individual characters you definitely got the overall trajectory right, and interpreted what was going on in the Ryoko lab scene correctly.
Ryoko's past brought her to tears even BEFORE her fusion with Zero, so it stands to reason she'd be going through a lot of guilt and self-loathing (regardless of how she presents herself to others.)
There were a lot of cute moments through the stories. That's what I liked the most.
Things I didn't like: you made Ryoko waaaayyyy too pitiful (borderline retarded), and Washu waaaaayyy too nice to Ryoko from the get-go. You glossed over the fact that Washu's got some serious issues, and understandably so. At the end of OVA2 Tenchi didn't want a romance with ANYBODY in the house either. Ryoko's a great friend and he feels responsible for her, but there's no way he'd go for that until both have them have matured a bit.
Negative-Z chapter 1 . 12/20/2010
Today I learned that my mother still wants to drive in dangerous stormy traffic half across the city. Co-inky-dink. I still like your eagerness to use living, sensual things in your stories. Flowers. Ice Cream. Tenchi. etc