Reviews for No Use for Rainy Days
Basil Allegri chapter 1 . 8/31/2012
"He just hoped it didn't rain." - haha, irony. Poor guy.
Shme chapter 1 . 4/30/2011
Very well written, sad, depressing, good poetic beginning, characters are correct, sweet, good grammer, etc.

Fabulous! I LOVED IT!
Raina1 chapter 1 . 3/15/2011
So very sweet and yet so very sad. Living a lie has never made anyone happy, not truly, and this story is a perfect example of that. It makes me glad the movie ended the way it did.
TechAlyCat chapter 1 . 1/12/2011
Nyaaawww, very cute and sweet but I'm sad for megamind at the end. Either way, that was a very good warm up
anna chapter 1 . 1/4/2011
wow! that was pretty amazing for "warming up"...;-) a very believable and touching missing scene, so to speak. the ending was especially poignant - rather a little heart-breaking, with megamind watching his reflection(s)... really well done! im following your "predictable! story which led me here and i hope you write more soon (either new chappies of that story or other one-shots)!
jkj2m chapter 1 . 12/31/2010
Great story. I loved how conflicted Megamind is and how much he desires to be with Roxanne as himself, but doesn't see it as possible. Everyone was also in character and the pacing was perfect. Great writing! :)
Darth Jedi chapter 1 . 12/28/2010
This is probably one of my favorite one shots now. It was adorable, and I seriously almost teared up at the end. Great job! .
Emmalyn chapter 1 . 12/22/2010
Great story! I laughed at the "merlott," as I (and my mathematician husband) have both been the person who mispronounces words thanks to reading more than talking to people. _; (French words in particular are tricky...) Your writing captured that pulled-in-two feeling of the movie, when MM is both playing a part and being more honest than he's ever been. Definitely adding this one to my faves. :) Can't wait to see more of your writing! :D
Agent Evey chapter 1 . 12/20/2010
Absolutely fantastic!
indigofireflies chapter 1 . 12/20/2010
Wow.

Uhh, wow.

I loved his initial reasons for liking different sorts of weather - very Megamind, interestingly so. I also enjoyed the little 'merlott' bit - very cute, especially poor Megamind thinking he had pronounced it right! And also, the whole concept of him turning off the watch, just to see what it looked like with both of them together and real really seemed like something Megamind would do, and it was so sweet - and I really loved the little bit about him retiring with her - I do wonder if that's what he'd planned after all when he'd fallen in love with her, not expecting the horrible mess of the date. And can I say how perfect the ending was? Really heart-wrenching, that simple sentence but you know the full connotations of what's behind it.

One of the best Megamind one-shots on this site. :] That was a really enjoyable read! :3 Please write more.
Phantom77 chapter 1 . 12/19/2010
Beautiful imagery in this! Love your use of the characters and Megamind's thought process. It was completely in character and well done. Though I giggled trying to imagine Megamind nailing Metro Man with a snow ball when he was "going down fighting". ]
MegaPotterGleek chapter 1 . 12/19/2010
Cute. Very cute. I liked that Megamind wanted to see what he looked like with Roxanne instead of what Bernard looked like with Roxanne. It was sweet. But also sort of sad. Definitely a wonderful story.
Ninnik Nishukan chapter 1 . 12/19/2010
OH HAI :D

Copypasting some of my comments from LJ:

Gah, that was really, really painful. In the good way, I mean. :) Gave me a similar feeling to seeing the movie and just thinking OH GAH NO when he was revealed in the restaurant and everyone was staring and gasping, seconds before Roxanne opened her eyes. I'm full of sympathy twinges, yet it's also complicated and awkward because of the wrongness of his deception.

The rain, the window, everything was just great. It actually gave me tears in my eyes. D:

The nightmare comment was ouch, but of course I can understand where Roxy's coming from. It should tell Megamind something.

Very good lead-up to what we know inevitably comes later.

Instant fave, really. T_T
zara2148 chapter 1 . 12/19/2010
Awww, I can imagine Megamind's heart breaking at the use of the word 'nightmare'.
rat-lightshadow chapter 1 . 12/19/2010
Wow! This was simply beautiful. Your writing is excellent, and I can so see this falling into the flow of the movie. Great job :)