Reviews for Dark Winter
BubblyShell22 chapter 1 . 9/1/2011
Ah, yes, I remember this story. Nicely done. I really enjoyed it and the way you wrote it.

The Bubbly One,

Shell
LuffyMarra chapter 1 . 7/22/2011
Great story. I really like it.
Luleiya chapter 1 . 4/16/2011
What a precious story...

When Splinter called April his daughter, I couldn't hold back a few tears - it was such an endearing moment...and it's an interesting take on April's past - such things never occured to me about her but it works really well when one thinks about it. Not to mention it brings her even closer to Splinter's family, since they are all alone in a way.

I also liked that you gave her artistic skills (actually, liked it a LOT on a personal level since I am one myself...)

Definitely saving this story to my Favs so I could read it again when winter draws near. :3 Thank you so much for sharing this gem.
KC chapter 1 . 12/28/2010
I love the way you keep finding new facets of the turtles' lives to show us. Your stories are very enjoyable, I check back weekly!
meganechan720 chapter 1 . 12/27/2010
This is amazing. Not many people choose to include this aspect of reptilian biology in the turtles. Applause to you for exploring it. I also love April-Splinter interactions. They are such an interesting pair of people.

"He did not explain why they could not answer her, when she had asked them if they had always wanted a sister." This intrigued me. I wonder if someday you'll tell that story. And maybe the one about Mikey's arms, or even Raph's scars. I love the inclusion of such details, even if you never tell about them. It speaks of a larger world.

You are such a good writer. I love reading your stuff.
Dipsey chapter 1 . 12/21/2010
This is really sweet story. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Kaleia chapter 1 . 12/20/2010
Wow that's a nice but sad story...but for both Splinter and April father and daughter relationship is adorable.I always think April is like a daughter to Splinter always...and poor a long hibernating for so long leaving Splinter alone but at least April is there for him...always.

Love the part they tell eachothers stories about themselves even about the turtles when they were Splinter training April of ninjutsu is cool.

Great job
Smile-I'mTheEndOfAllThatYouSee chapter 1 . 12/19/2010
This is very touching and simple. I wish I could hear the tales of the Trutles' younger days.
Mikell chapter 1 . 12/19/2010
Ohh... this is... strange, in a way, because I guess I don't think of the boys as animals, at all. They've gone too far to human for it to seem natural for them to fall prey to their normal biological cycles. Yet even as I type this, my own turtle, Kame, is in a state of semi-hibernation, and I can sympathize on a very personal level with Master Splinter's worry over his sons as they live through this state.

Nicely done, I loved the characterization and the relationship between Splinter and April. Lovely.

Rejoicing in the day,

-Mary
StillThunder86 chapter 1 . 12/19/2010
I really liked this! I like the quiet tone as well as the friendship bond that is forged between Splinter and April. Absolutely beautiful. Thank you!
RedHatMeg chapter 1 . 12/19/2010
It was great. I saw Splinter and April's relationship in different perspective. Nice job!
Jenihenpen chapter 1 . 12/19/2010
I truly love this idea and how gentle your writing style is, it's like I'm sucking in this aura of Splinter by just reading about the way he moves around in life.

Everything about this fic is just lovely _
Sasami1 chapter 1 . 12/19/2010
Wonderful character work :) Just beautiful.