Reviews for Afterhours
Maggie chapter 1 . 12/28/2012
This is great! I can't believe that there is only one story about Margaret and Nucky, so please write more. :) This story put into words what unspoken feeling has been going on between Nucky and Margaret.
Charlotte chapter 1 . 12/21/2012
Loved this. You have great insight into their minds. I hope you write more.
K chapter 1 . 10/31/2012
Just wanted to say that I thoroughly loved reading this. You've definitely nailed Nucky's and Margaret's respective voices here, especially at that specific point in their relationship. I can actually imagine this playing out!

It's odd that I'm shipping these two even _more_ in Season 3, when there is a huge rift between them and it doesn't seem likely that they will reconcile any time soon (especially now that Nuck's fan-boying Billie Kent and Margaret is definitely giving her desire for Owen plenty of chances to play, so to speak). But the scene when Nucky apologizes to Margaret for cheating on her and of course the buildup and bittersweet climax to their interaction during the Easter episode (he juggles! she's impressed and kind of remembers why she baked him soda bread that one time!) were truly revealing, in that all those scenes showed that underneath it all, their feelings for one another still run deep. And all this because their relationship is so richly complex, as your story suggests: Nucky can't quite figure her out completely and she can't understand how his kind heart can stand by his many deplorable deeds. The complexity of the other draws them together, likely because most of their lives they have been surrounded by people who were never a challenge to figure out.

I agree with you that Nucky and Margaret together just simply *works.* The few scenes they've had this season, despite all the tension and (un)intentional pain inflicted, still ooze with that initial spark of attraction/affection/affinity that had me shipping them in the first place.

If you're still interested, I'd love to read any more stories you might write that deals with Nucky and Margaret! Thanks for this one-I really enjoyed it!
Princess Persephone chapter 1 . 9/30/2012
Just blew through both seasons of Boardwalk, and I have to say Nucky and Margaret are my favorite characters - and I was so surprised that this is the only Nucky/Margaret story here on FF! (Especially since now that the couple aren't living together and have a strained relationship after the land deed thing... I was hoping for something to fill the lack of Nucky/Margaret loving)

But you did a great job with this! :) I love how they both have certain ways of dealing with things (Nucky: money, power, manipulation, crime; Margaret: morality, pride, guilt, innocence, etc), but with each other they feel genuine love, which can get in the way of their normalcy. Nucky can really reveal himself to her, and Margaret can indulge her true desires. I hope you write another Nucky/Margaret fic! The show sometimes skips moments between them that could be really special, leaving it to our imaginations, I guess.
Shawnied777 chapter 1 . 9/26/2011
WOW! You really blew me away with your story! I adore them together and I'm excited to see how Margarets decision will affect them in season 2. You did a great job on this story, I LOVED this part, "No one knew this part of the man the way she did and it made her giddy with power and affection." lol awesome. Write more! You're great at this!
Anne Oying chapter 1 . 4/9/2011
Awwwwwww Nucky, he does have a heart 3

you got him just right! And Margaret too, how she secretly loves sin and all that! I love the last few paragraphs when Nucky's thinking, again, you got him perfect!
NotoriouslyN chapter 1 . 1/18/2011
I love this fic. Just watched four episodes of the drama and i'm obsessed with this pair D
sakurablossom009 chapter 1 . 1/11/2011
I really enjoyed reading this! Especially Nucky's part because I think that is what definitely is going through his mind. He's afraid to let people in and doing so with Margaret will probably have repercussions.
pixiie18 chapter 1 . 12/19/2010
I wrote a review on LJ but never hurts to say again how great this story truly is, I can't wait to read more from you.
prettyhistorian chapter 1 . 12/19/2010
Awww...you wrote them perfectly! I love the two of them together, and you hit the nail on the head when you said that love wasn't the only thing she was with him for, but it was the major thing.