Reviews for Bedroom Factotum
AkiyaRaeXVI chapter 10 . 6/27/2014
Chapter X:
The joke about the cheese was both genius and downright HA-LERIARSE! And you had me in stitches over the joke about the inflation on pennies becoming quids. I'm going to ask you that when we talk next.
I honestly cannot give you enough praise for this. More praise than I can give most authors.
Coupled with English being your second language, I am in awe.
I'm so so sorry that it took so long for me to read this. Truly I am. And hopefully you can forgive me.
All my love and all my commendations
AkiyaRaeXVI chapter 9 . 6/27/2014
Chapter IX:
Okay so my bottom lip is officially bleeding from an unconscious bite. Ianto topping Jack now there is something I hadn't considered. But you wrote it in such a way that it is over a thousand percent plausible. I love their hot tempered arguing and their passionate kisses to erase it. The handle you have on both of them throughout this is brilliant. My praise is infinite.
AkiyaRaeXVI chapter 8 . 6/27/2014
Chapter VIII:
So I think I flew through this chapter, my eyes not being able to drink in enough of your story. This fic is just everything and more. You've captured every character perfectly and they are acting and reacting exactly as I think they would in these circumstances. I am once again on the edge of my seat waiting to see how this plays out.
AkiyaRaeXVI chapter 7 . 6/27/2014
Chapter VII:
*complete and utter jaw drop*
Wow plot twist much?! I'm hanging on by a thread here! Again you're knocking me flat with your writing. I'm truly amazed.
AkiyaRaeXVI chapter 6 . 6/27/2014
Chapter VI:
At first I was like "Yay!" Ianto initiated the sex and then I was like...No fuck off why would you stop them like that?! Wuah! And then I was just fucking glued. Glued like no tomorrow. Completely ignoring my surrounds your writing managed to pull me into a world where it was just Jack and Ianto on the couch. I don't think I've read anything so pleasing in a very long time.
AkiyaRaeXVI chapter 5 . 6/27/2014
Chapter V:
The happiness once again lets the sun shine in. Well the semblance thereof. You have a beautiful intricacy in your style of writing that I've never encountered before and I am positively enthralled by it. The kiss had my heart racing, it was written so beautifully that I could literally see it playing out right there on my screen.
AkiyaRaeXVI chapter 4 . 6/27/2014
Chapter IV:
That last sentence word longer and I'd be tearing up. For real. This was such an emotional chapter. I'm begging for more. Once again I am captivated by your unique writing style and I am in awe of you.
AkiyaRaeXVI chapter 3 . 6/27/2014
Chapter III:
My heart is torn in twain! At first I started to feel sorry for Jack but really my heart remains reaching out for Ianto, he must be hurting something horrific from the unsatisfying sex. But still I'm super proud of the improvement on writing and general fluidity of which this fic is being written. You never cease to impress.
AkiyaRaeXVI chapter 2 . 6/27/2014
Chapter II:
Oh oh burn on THAT Jack...I love that closing line. By the way you are officially responsible for the single most hilarious line I've read on a fic in 2014 "I'm sure he wouldn't have minded your trying to arse-stab him with your cock" oh fuck I died "arse-stab" just died from laughter. And the fact that you used arse instead of ass makes this Aussie bloody happy. Anyway the characters are still fantastically in character and you've done a marvellous job in creating a plausible and believable storyline thus far.
AkiyaRaeXVI chapter 1 . 6/27/2014
59 other reviews and I'm several years late in reading this so these reviews hardly seem applicable...but...
Wow your writing is amazing Niisan, I'm gripped and enthralled. You have me completely on the edge of my seat. For real, I'm on the edge of it. You've captured Jack's personality really well. He is a complete playboy and the way you've depicted him as one with a wicked imagination and the, well, heartlessness to use Ianto like this just enraptured my attention. I can't wait for the next chapters!
sychopenguin5 chapter 10 . 3/8/2014
I like this story a lot. I almost forgot how tragically it all started by the time we get halfway through, when they're basically restarting a new relationship. I appreciate that you nested it at a particular point in the show, referencing events from canon and delving deeper into what was happening behind the scenes of all that. Ianto is really interesting for that kind of personal look, since he's so unobtrusive and professional during most of the series and it's hard to get to know him. And you weren't shy about your sex scenes! Kudos to you! Not gonna lie, it's one of my favorite things in smut fanfiction when the guys switch roles, so I love that you did that. ) Also the sex wasn't everything, but the other bits weren't all romantic and sappy, which totally doesn't fit our boys anyway. It's like they're best friends with sexy benefits, which I think is the best arrangement they could have that fits both of their needs and desires.
Only complaint is that there are still errors. Usually atomic typos, the sort that spell check doesn't catch because they're still real words but just not the right word in context. A beta-reader would solve like 90% of that, or just going back through yourself would catch most of it. But still the fact that I liked it so much and had so many good things to say despite my grammar-nazi tendencies really means a lot.
Guest chapter 3 . 11/28/2013
I really like the premise of the story, but the tenses make it really hard to read. And why does everyone keep calling Ianto the tea boy? Even in the last chapter when we were more with Ianto's point of view, he was referred to as such. Does everybody in the story really think that badly of him, including himself?
Daenien chapter 10 . 9/27/2013
Excellent story, I teared up a few times because of poor Ianto.
sd4ianto chapter 10 . 8/27/2013
I liked how you incorporated the way Ianto was treated throughout the whole of the series. RTD made Jack's character an ass and Ianto deserved better.

I didn't like how you always called him the tea-boy. That was a derogitory term Owen used to put Ianto into his supposed place, beneath them all. He certainly proved he was the better person in the long run.

All in all, great story. Thank you!
Lesleigh chapter 10 . 8/27/2013