Reviews for Two Fires
Sabrina101 chapter 23 . 2/6
OMG This was incredible. I could not stop reading. I wanted to tell you're amazing, your writing is simply wonderful and I would love to read more of your stuff. I hope you are well. Lots of love. Valentina
Idyllicdream chapter 16 . 1/9
Okay, I’ve really enjoyed this story so far, but I have some problems with this chapter, if you don’t mind me sharing them.

First, why do Glimmer and Marvel wait soo long to attack? I mean, in the situation where one single decision plays with life and death why don’t they attack Gale and Katniss as soon as they’re clear no alliance was going to be made? Yes, they did assault them, but only after taunting them with 'Oh well. You leave us no choice, then.' The more logical thing would be to whip out a blade and lunge at Gale and Katniss the INSTANT they turned down the alliance. Saying that line cost them their element of surprise.

Secondly, (forgive me if I’m wrong here because it’s been a while since I read the book) aren’t Glimmer and Marvel Careers? That means they have to have some form of knife training, if not becoming expert at it. Yes, Clove was more notorious for her knife moves. But seeing how blades are the most common weapon in the Hunger Games, and how Careers were trained all their life for this, shouldn’t Glimmer be able to at least wield them pretty well?

Thirdly...okay, let’s say she’s clumsy because of her wounds. She should know that this is one obvious disadvantage against Katniss and her long-range bow. Since she only has a knife, her only chance is to throw it or engage in melee combat. The former is more unlikely seeing how her wound affects her mobility. So it doesn’t make sense to me why she would go at Katniss using hand-to-hand. She even said 'Ahem'! That’s completely disregarding her disadvantage and window of opportunity while Katniss was distracted.

Which leads me to the fourth problem I am seeing. Katniss seems more passive in this story than in the book. She relies on Gale too much for someone as autonomous as her. She survived well without any companion in the book. In this chapter in particular she didn’t even shoot and take out Glimmer first, the biggest threat to her at that moment, and was actually distracted?

Fifth problem, her lack of resolve to kill in the arena. In the book, Katniss made it clear that she would kill other Tributes if it ever came to it. She even entertained the thought of killing another Tribute who had foolishly set up a fire at night. While we can’t say that this cold-blooded thinking is moral, it is inherent that Katniss is a survivor. She will do whatever it takes, even killing without much remorse, in order to ensure she and her allies live. She would not feel guilt for eliminating Glimmer, who was bent on killing her and Rue at the time

Sixth problem, the fact that Gale let Marvel go. This goes against any Hunger Games survival strategy to let your weakened opponent get away and live to kill you another day. Even Thresh, who felt indebted to Katniss, was extremely hesitant to do it. It was a rare exception that greatly complicated future survival. In this case, both of them owed Marvel nothing. Okay, was there that one time he didn’t expose their hiding place? Okay then... But I maintain, he was trying to kill both Gale and Katniss at this point. There is no reason to let him live. He is now more likely to revenge kill them for shooting Glimmer.

I guess that’s it. I hope you don’t get uncomfortable by what I said. I sincerely enjoyed this story. However, these inconsistencies just aren’t logical. Maybe it’s a bit too much to hope that you’ll
EvanaRawr chapter 23 . 12/20/2015
I'm in love with this story. The characters, personalities and relations are amazing. I love the fact that Gale and Katniss both won, I felt the love and pain. And that's what a good story is supposed to do. Let you feel.
I want to read it again and again and again. It would be great if you post more stories. Which I can fall in love with. Again. And again.
AwkwardTurtle26 chapter 1 . 12/19/2015
Hey issabug I just wanted to say your story is awesome also I was thinking If I could do a sequel of this on wattpad of course you would b the owner of the first book but I was just thinking if I could as I don't think you want to write the sequel it's perfectly fine if yo don't want to

The Psyche of Azarath chapter 1 . 12/16/2015
The best part of this for me was the way you portrayed Marvel. It gave me chills! I read the whole thing twice in one night! It was all really good.
Guest chapter 23 . 12/6/2015
I would read your sequel.
Rage5723 chapter 23 . 12/5/2015
I really want you to write it! I would absolutely read it!
Miracle chapter 23 . 12/5/2015
Romantic yet sad.
CrystallineX chapter 23 . 11/30/2015
I loved your portrayal of Marvel in this fic. (I actually know the actor who portrayed him in the movie, and was quite sad he didn't get much screen time)
lkov chapter 23 . 11/29/2015
Make that last chapter and epilogue really had me on a roller coaster ride. I don't think I've gasped so much reading a fic before. I was going to scream if you left Gale as dead so I'm very happy with how things turns out. Off to see now if you did a sequel!
lkov chapter 12 . 11/29/2015
"Please don't make me fall harder than I already have." *sighs*. See this is what I wanted in the original book! This I believe, I feel; stupid Peeta. Katniss should have been with Gale!
lkov chapter 10 . 11/29/2015
Oh I'm just loving this :) I never bought the whole Peeta and Katniss thing, always thinking she was better off with Gale. And the way your writing this, it's just so much more believable... Carrying on now :) thanks for an awesome story.
Guest chapter 23 . 11/29/2015
Yes. Yes they would. Pleeaaase write a sequel to this, I'm dying for one
Dictator4Life chapter 23 . 11/25/2015
This was absolutely gorgeous. You gave incredible depth to so many tributes - they were all so tragic and compelling. Cato's apology made my heart skip a beat. Thank you so much for writing this.
natyface1516 chapter 20 . 10/30/2015
I LOVE "DO NOT STAND AT MY GRAVE AND WEEP"!
1,411 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »