Reviews for Two Fires
m chapter 23 . 5/10
brilliant.
Ill read it!
braveloyaldauntless chapter 8 . 4/13
Absolutely amazing! I would love to read the sequel if you post it! This is my first GalexKatniss fanfic but I think you did really well on it!
Emma AhBorn chapter 2 . 4/12
I like how the people act the same as they do in the original books. And Gale?!
Thanks for the story. It was my first hunger games one and you did a great job with it. I'm happy it wasn't too romancey.
clara0414 chapter 23 . 3/18
This has to be my absolute favourite AU 74th HG. Ever. :D (Not to mention much, much more entertaining than the original. ;) )

Sure, it started off a tad awkward in the beginning, seeing your rewrite of the same events before the reaping stay completely canon-compliant why containing different wording, but then we entered into the arena, and your writing and this story and everything just came /alive/.

"Oh?" Haymitch squinted at the knife before letting his gaze sway over to me. "Did I actually get a pair of fighters this year?" - I love this. Because this is exactly what caused me so much disinterest towards Peeta in the first book - Katniss was this amazing goddess with the bow and arrows, and he was just... there. Camouflaging himself in his last moments before he expected to die. In contrast, the image of Katniss and Gale fighting together, so powerful, so unlike the rest of the world that surrounds them, is unbelievably captivating.

And I adore every single one of the twists you added into the plot. (Oh my gosh, I am such a despicable drama-loving Capitol citizen. ;)) You've truly integrated Gale into the story, perfectly in character, and while staying mostly canon-compliant to the events that took place.

The new perspective on Marvel killing Rue was ingenious, and it would only have truly worked with Gale in the story. (Plus, bonus points because you picked a character who you could add depth to without taking away any of that offered to them in their canon existence.) And I loved the bit where Gale is the one who sprinkles flowers over Marvel's corpse, because although he could never fully admit it, he knows killing Rue has helped their odds. And he must be conflicted over whether or not he should be, but part of him /is/ thankful. He's not a saint, and that's why he holds so much more potential to me. :)

Foxface's increased role in the story was another gorgeous element I really enjoyed reading about. Reading THG, I had always thought, "Oh, we must be waiting for the big moment where Foxface makes an important move in the story... it's coming... it's coming..." right up until - oh wait, what?! - she was announced dead. :/ Because her character was so, so impossibly intriguing to me, and I just felt canon never did her justice. But you did, and so much more. :)

Perhaps I'm a tad overly pessimistic in nature, but I was incredibly scared, right up until Katniss realized it herself, that Gale was going to die / be revealed to be dead. Don't get me wrong - I'm sure you would have handled the angst beautifully like you did everything else - but it would have hurt my delicate heart so much. ;)

And I like how you did try to tie some knots, like Haymitch communicating that their act of rebellion didn't go unnoticed (and we can imagine district uprisings and all that stuff ensuing). Unlike most stories expecting sequels, it's not a terrible cliffie ending that makes me want to cry when I scroll up and realize it hasn't been updated in more than a year. ;) We can take the "It's over" at face value instead of its dramatic irony (in us knowing everything that happens afterwards in canon), and in that sense, we can interpret it as a happily ever after of sorts.

Still, if you can still find the heart and time to do it, judging from your fair amount of reviewers - even now, after this story must be buried relatively far down below after undergoing a year without an update - I'm sure it would be truly appreciated. Even if it's just a short epilogue-ish chapter or two of broken scenes that briefly outline how the rebellion went, how differently it went, that would make me insanely happy. Like, I could write a review this long for every chapter, if that would help. :P

Finally, thank you for writing this. I read your A/N about the horrible emotional battles you underwent in the middle, and I really do want to express how grateful I am that you pulled through and found the strength and energy to continue this fanfic to the end. However, I'm sure many of us would love to see your take on what would have followed, be it a full-length multi-chap like this one or a brief little oneshot. :D In the meantime, I guess I'll favourite this story so I can reread it again and again. ;)
This story was the most amazing thing I have ever read. I loved it more than the original hunger games! Thank you for finishing this. And to answer your question, I would read a sequel to this whole heartily!
PLEASE MAKE A SEQUAL. IM BEGGING YOU.
This is my favorite book it is better than the actual Hunger Games!
I read not write chapter 23 . 2/21
I loved this! I was totally hooked right from the off. My first gale and katniss read.

It was amazing and I cannot wait to go and read your other works. Great job.
PrettyGirl07 chapter 11 . 2/13
This is my favorite chapter.
HG FAN chapter 15 . 2/11
oooooooooh this is good
Single.Dream.of.My.Soul135 chapter 23 . 2/9
Write a sequel, this story is absolutely the best there is.
Absolutely Cullen chapter 23 . 1/31
I'd read a sequel. You won me over with your Gale and Katniss. I'm missing them already. Katniss has to tell Gale it wasn't an act that she loves him too. You can't leave him feeling less than her everything.
Absolutely Cullen chapter 11 . 1/30
OMG that couldn't have been written any better! ! Had I been in that audience I think I would have passed out with how amazing that kiss was!
1,385 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »