Reviews for A Holmesian Carol
Frenchaccro chapter 5 . 7/17/2014
I enjoyed the whole story very much. I found it charming and very well Holmes as another Ebenezer Scrooge...good!
Do you know that Jeremy Brett, Sherlock Holmes in the outstanding Granada series, was offered the part of Scrooge? Unfortunately, he died.
keepcalm chapter 5 . 1/13/2012
There were so many things that I loved about this story!
The ghost forms were all great, especially Irene and the hound. Watson possibly resorting to drugs was rather unique, and Mycroft's Christmas alone was very sad. Great story, even in January! Thank you!
CarsonandMrs.Hughes4ever chapter 5 . 12/24/2011
I knew Holmes would do something for Wiggins.
CarsonandMrs.Hughes4ever chapter 4 . 12/24/2011
Good turn around, Holmes.
CarsonandMrs.Hughes4ever chapter 3 . 12/24/2011
Aww, man. Poor Mycroft.
CarsonandMrs.Hughes4ever chapter 2 . 12/24/2011
Interesting choice of guide for Holmes.
CarsonandMrs.Hughes4ever chapter 1 . 12/24/2011
Great start. I liked the part where Holmes said "humbug."
Marie Nomad chapter 5 . 12/16/2011
This is a charming story. I enjoyed how you wrote the Christmas Carol and gave it a very Holmes twist. I liked how that Holmes did not die but had gone mad. Poor guy. I'm glad that Holmes realized the meaning of Christmas. Good job.
Pirate-on-Fleet-Street chapter 1 . 7/28/2011
"With the offended dignity of a cat sprayed with water Mrs. Hudson strode stiffly from the room." I shouldn't laugh when the tone of a story is so serious. '"Humbug!" snorted Holmes...'

Especially not more than once ;)

This first chapter is so interesting. I've always enjoyed A Christmas Carol, especially the old Disney one with the ducks and Goofy. I didn't know this was actually somewhat related to that story. Clever idea, I don't think anyone else would have thought of this.

I have to say I was a little frightened when the ghost first entered. I wasn't expecting to be reading of gruesome ghosts near midnight ;)

Rattraveller chapter 5 . 1/19/2011
Very nice wrap up but there is a problem with it. Yes I am complaining. The story is told in third person from Holme's viewpoint and then suddenly switches to a narrator. Should have at least had the narrator start the story and then finish it.

Still loved it and hope you can do some others like it in the future.
Rattraveller chapter 4 . 1/19/2011
Not crazy about where the chapter break fell. Think it should have left off with the Hound attacking and next chapter all of the happiness begins. Change in mood and tone for the change in Holmes should not have been broken.

Otherwise very nice and very clever. Really like the Hound as the Ghost of Christmas Future/Yet to Come.
Rattraveller chapter 3 . 1/19/2011
Moves along pretty well thought their was a mention of a nephew for Watson but I could be mistaken. So who is the Tiny Tim character? Surely not Wiggins.
Rattraveller chapter 2 . 1/19/2011
Couple more spelling mistakes. Tooooo much EggNog I surmise.

Story moves quickly but with as well known as Sherlock Holmes and A Christmas Coral are ot much of a problem.

Overall looks good.
Rattraveller chapter 1 . 1/19/2011
was reaching for the nob (nobs are small goblins what was one doing with Sherlock?)

depended skulls (maybe decended)

horour (what?)
nomdeplume30 chapter 5 . 1/1/2011
Lovely ending. Well done and thank you for sharing!
49 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »