Reviews for By Fang and Spell
nightdragon0 chapter 43 . 11/23/2012
Both Bri & Triadae still have their problems, it seems.
I do like how you went more in-depth about being in druids forms. Controlling or flowing with the beast instincts, per say.
NamelessManic chapter 10 . 10/15/2012
Nice chapter!
NamelessManic chapter 8 . 10/6/2012
Really liking to story, just stated reading this week. Quick question, I'm not the best with subtlety but correct me if I'm wrong: Triadae is a former blood knight, paladin, but she is also a felblood? Is this the case? If so COOL! Wasn't sure if they were all bad, but orcs were once like that too.
aaron chapter 15 . 7/14/2012
Just letting you know that I LOVE this story! This is the second 100k story that I've read and the last author stopped updating which made me more then a lil bit sad. Your characters are GREAT and all have depth to them. :-) I'm def a fan and will be following this story till the end! Keep it up
nightdragon0 chapter 40 . 4/17/2012
So this set of chapters is the start of a new storyline?

Looks like an interesting set of new characters, especially the gnome. Her really hyper activity really brings a stark contrast to Bri's usually silent mood. Had a good laugh too about the dream referencing doing free falls involving druid flight forms.

It seems though that Bri is still haunted by her dreams & thoughts, just not as badly.
Lightsbane1905 chapter 39 . 3/24/2012
I liked that, not so much the angst, it's not for me but it's hard not to read and love the stirring of emotion it generates, but I genuinely enjoyed the gnome bit. The last part especially.
nightdragon0 chapter 33 . 8/27/2011
Now that I had a look at your blog, I think I understand better what you were going for with the characters.

Bri I feel you hit what you were going for quite well. Cause she is essentially an 'ordinary' person thrown into this situation, and she reacts as such. At times denying what she doesn't want to believe. At times she seems to be barely trudging along and moving forward.

As I said earlier though, linking the Emerald Nightmare and Bri's somewhat mental instability really fits well with the lore of the place.

Still, if she's able to fight in ch32, seems she's recovered well enough.

Triadae on the other hand is a war veteran. A lot of her actions seem to come off to me as 'not really caring' / being disjointed from others, but it may be just some of her own form of recklessness or way of releasing her pent-up anger. She still seems that way to me in ch31 though. I think more of that development will come in the aftermath of these scenes.
nightdragon0 chapter 30 . 8/4/2011
The shift to the other set of characters didn't feel as 'sudden' this time. Perhaps because Lydros & Brinella's storylines have a kind of 'pause'.

I like the way you describe Moonglade too - as a town that's quiet despite that it's sort of a gathering area for those headed off the Hyjal. The missing Hawkstrider bit was quite amusing too. I guess it has to do with her pouring out her whole story to a calm Tauren who 'happened to come up to her', only for him to go 'your missing mount is over there.'
Zaravari chapter 1 . 7/3/2011
You are a great writer! You really flesh out what we would be doing as our characters if the game was real life! I love your char development, and the flow of the story. In te beginning chapters I wa a bit confused, seemed like there were alot of characters all at once, and mentioning them had me going 'who was that again?' winnies accent is just great, and I can totally hear mixie talking when she has dialogue. My fav part was how you described belf housing, that is the main race I play so it was so cool to see it in a story. Please please don't stop, if this was in print I would buy it! It is so enjoyable to read! Thank you!
nightdragon0 chapter 24 . 6/2/2011
Title of this chapter really feels appropriate to how Lydros probably feels. It shows some interesting things of his personality too, like the reason he was so open to Brinella and with Ninya could've been because he needed a kind of 'support' in watching over them. That's the way I see it at least.
nightdragon0 chapter 20 . 5/9/2011
There's quite a bit of truth as to how dreams can seem more desirable than reality. I doubt it'll be the end of Brinella internal conflicts, but it seems like a start.
nightdragon0 chapter 19 . 4/25/2011
Good read so far.

I notice you tend to dive into the thoughts of Brinella & Triadae quite a bit, but that seems to be one of the themes of them dealing with their internal conflicts. I felt Brinella's introduction chapters were better though, really captured a sense of the conflict in Gilneas, and while not following events exactly as a player knows them, leads her to Darnassus in the end. What I felt was well written was the portrayal of the Worgen first being accepted into Darnassus.

Nice portrayal of the Emerald Nightmare too, definitely something in lore with what was encountered in the Stormrage novel.

I like the subtle references to the game too, especially the goretusk livers & murloc eyes - that never drop when you need them to.
Not-Always-Fanfiction chapter 19 . 4/19/2011
nice chap, love Tria's internal struggle, please update soon. )
Not-Always-Fanfiction chapter 16 . 3/30/2011
Good chapie. For a bit I had lost hope and thought that this story had lost hope, but I'm glad you stuck with it, cause it is awsome! please update soon! :D
anonymous reader chapter 15 . 3/21/2011
i do so like your tories pls keep updating!