Reviews for Make It Home
GB Freak1 chapter 12 . 4/29/2011
This was awesome! I love broken Jim and how his two best friends care about him despite it. You are a gifted writer and I look forward to more from you.
reen212000 chapter 12 . 4/29/2011
Yay! A great friendship story; everyone so concerned for their ailing captain, especially Bones. It's getting harder to find good friendship stories without them turning into slash. (Not that I mind a good h/c slash story, but it does get repetitive.)

Great job! I look forward to your next fic!
ILoveSupernatural chapter 11 . 4/29/2011
WOW! This is just...WOW!

Ok be prepared for a really long review.

I'll start by saying that this is not only one of the best Star Trek fics I have read but one of the best fanfics I have read. And I have read a lot of them. (though 90% of those are Supernatural fanfics. :P)

I'm not a Trekkie as such. I haven't seen the original series. But I loved the 2009 movie (primarily cause I have this huge crush on Chris Pine). And I love reading Hurt Kirk and worried/protective Enterprise crew fics.

I came across this fic when I was surfing through the Star Trek fanfiction page at work. (Yes - at work. In my defence, I was bored and desperately needed a break!) And I read it within an hour. You had me hooked from the very first chapter. Your writing is amazing, perfectly in character. I was totally engrossed in the fic and I read all chapters at one stretch so it was great. I can't believe this is your first fic. What a wonderful start!

I love how you have shown the relationship between Bones and Kirk. Kirk is brash, reckless and puts his crew before himself and Bones, his loyal, mother hen best friend is bound to be worried about him. You have just made it so believable. It killed me when Bones said those things to him. And yet, you know that Bones means well and if he's saying these things, its cause he's worried about Jim and is trying to express just how much Jim means to him and the crew. Spock, again, is spot on. Not going over the top with the concern and yet trying to convince Jim that he's there for him.

Honestly I'm at a loss for words. I love this fic so much and I can't wait for the next chapter as well as for your next fic. :D

Great job. Love it love it love it! Please update soon.
frozenlaughter chapter 11 . 4/28/2011
Crap! I get backlogged on fic-reading and miss all the fun! It sure was a treat reading the last three chapters all at once, though. So glad you decided to continue on, with bonus hurt!Jim :) Outstanding job with this chapter; keeping a dialogue-heavy piece sharp and interesting is quite difficult, and you did a great job. I love the nuance you manage to convey in Jim and Bones's relationship-though, as the tiniest of nitpicks, him calling Bones "Leonard" near the end of their conversation threw me a bit, since I'm in the habit of reading that as Angry!Jim's name for McCoy. I'm interested to see how you close this whole adventure out, and can't wait to read more from you!

And as for future prompts, I don't even need my thinking cap: MOAR HURT!JIM. Easy-peasy ;)
Elfsong chapter 11 . 4/27/2011
Yay! Resolutions! It was good to see Jim and Bones try to clear the air a bit between them. And poor Bones; he probably didn't leave Jim's side once after Jim got shot. It's a wonder his minions don't strap him down to a bed to check on his health. _

Thanks for sharing this! I'm a little sad that it's almost over. Great story!
Loves Jack chapter 11 . 4/26/2011
I really am enjoying this story and looking forward to the last chapter and finding out how Jim clears the air with Spock.
dustykingdom chapter 11 . 4/26/2011
Hurray! Their problems are resolved (as much as the can be anyways)!:) Well so far this story has been AWESOME, and I can't wait to read the next and last installment. Update soon!
ackeberlynn chapter 11 . 4/25/2011
Wow - possibly the best fic I've read addressing Jim's issues and the beautiful way in which both Spock and McCoy support him. It was so real and intense - there are no words. You write SO well. This is a tragically beautiful story that is definitely going in my favorites. Excellent job.
Thelittlemonster17 chapter 11 . 4/25/2011
Only one? Awww I could picture this story having like fifty chapters or something! Anyways, keep up the good work! You're a really goo writer!
laynee chapter 11 . 4/25/2011
It was very quick, thank you. :D

I love how Bones trying to apologize usually ends up with him yelling at Jim again...and a fair amount of name calling. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Thank you thank you thank you for another brilliant chapter. I am looking forward to the next, and then the next brilliant story after that. I hope there is much more Jim!angst to come. (because I'm hopelessly addicted)

-elayna
bowlfullofcherries chapter 11 . 4/25/2011
really very good!
val313 chapter 11 . 4/25/2011
Excellent dialog! You did a great job with this chapter. I will be sad to see it end. However, I know that you will be writing more? Please? Pretty please? Can I bribe you with trek shaped cookies? :)
Snowy midnight 942 chapter 11 . 4/25/2011
awseome story! Keep up the good work. :)
Sparkiebunny chapter 11 . 4/25/2011
Spectacular chapter! I love the interaction between the characters-spot on. Can't wait for more! :)
Thomson chapter 11 . 4/25/2011