Reviews for The Family Business
JC chapter 3 . 6/15/2012
I love this story i think its the best one i've ever read you characterized everyone so perfectly and john is a great character you've written an exceptionally story and i cant wait for more.
patrick chapter 3 . 4/29/2012
I love this story and the character development...starting to really like John Grayson. I love the fact that most of the story is from his POV. I got to admit though that for his first pre-trial as Robin...going down to Hades to free Donna Troy is a little too fantastical and not sure even Damon's Batman would let this happen. Going up agaist a God. Tim went up against the Triad and then Joker.

I would have preferred to keep things a little bit more closer to home and the Family. However, this does allow for more DC characters into the story. Love the side stories involving Jason and the Jersey Devil (Damon's brother) and the development of the new Huntress. Perhaps a POV from Helena Wayne? After finding out his adoptive father really is her father...you'd think there would be more issues. Something to explore.

My only complaint is the little use of Selena, Jim Gordon and Alfred. I'd like to see them interact more with John and Helena.
BanannaSlapz517 chapter 3 . 3/25/2012
Wow. Just...wow. This chapter was brilliant. There are several climaxes waiting to happen, with John and Devlin and all the others. This chapter was just jam-packed with great events. Thank you for writing! Keep it up!
Guest chapter 3 . 3/24/2012
This may the best fanfic that I have ever read in any category. The characterization is flawless, the plot is outstanding, and it is beautifully written. One of the best things about this story is the inclusion of so many of the younger characters. So often both of the Helenas, Damian's younger brother/clone (excellent character with a very fitting name), and even Lian get ignored. I like that Tim took up the mantle of Oracle and that Damian became Batman. Out of curiosity, do you plan on including Stephanie Brown in this story? Although she was breifly mentioned, she is the only major bat-family member who has yet to make an appearance. So far this is an excellent story, and I am shocked at it's lack of reviews. You many want to shorten your chapter lengths, because they are extremely long and while some people do enjoy that, it can be a turn-off for others who were considering reading your story. It's silly, but psychologically it's true. Thank you so much for creating this exceptional work.
AM83220 chapter 3 . 3/23/2012
Once again I am deeply impressed by what a skilled writer you are. This is probably the best story I've ever read in the Batman comic category and it isn't even finished yet! John's reaction at the end came as quite a shock and I'm sure it'll be an additional complication for the future.

I do have one request: given that he was probably Damaian's first friend his own age, are we ever going to see Colin Wilkes AKA Abuse, or at least get a reference as to what happened to him?
HyDrOmAtIc chapter 2 . 11/1/2011
Wow, this story is amazing! Thanks for writing, and can't wait to read the next chapter!
AllBlueChaser chapter 2 . 8/13/2011
Dude...this is epic! Do you secretly write for batman! Everyone is SO on point and perfectly characterized! I love your Damian and his monologues about how dick saved him and how he respects Drake. This fic is so awesome and I want to be apart of their family and spend time in this world you've crafted! Excellent!
AllBlueChaser chapter 2 . 8/13/2011
Benny Clark chapter 1 . 8/4/2011
I can't believe how well you've defined the new characters, but still kept the old characters well within the range of believable. The only kinda funny thing is that whenever I read Damian's lines it still sounds like there is a ten year old throwing in all those big words, oh well he'll probably be exactly the way you wrote him. Again Good Job! I am looking forward to the next chapter(s)... :)
Kaneya chapter 2 . 5/3/2011
I read this a few days ago, and just now realized who the bachelorette was suposed to be. Guess a bachelorette doing something regretable is another way to make Terry Bruce's offspring, one generation removed though.
AM83220 chapter 2 . 5/1/2011
I was going to review and tell you how impressed I was at your ability to juggle so many characters while still keeping everyone in character. I also wanted to make it clear that your writing here has been truly excellent and I appreciate the length of the chapters. Then I reached the end of chapter two and found myself utterly blown away by the twist the plot has taken. I love the idea of bringing in Damian's clone and the unholy alliance between him and Jason has me intrigued. Good writers are rare; good writers who can devise an imaginative and unusual plot for a story are much rarer. I'm looking forward very much to the next chapter and please keep up the great work.
Artie-Krap chapter 2 . 4/30/2011
I must say this story is interesting i was definitely not expecting Damian's clone but this is getting really good
Wolvmbm chapter 1 . 12/24/2010
Well nice start indeed as this is going to be one weird and messed up family reunion. :(

And who knew that it started with the death of Barbara Gordon-Grayson. :(

Man, please do keep up the good work upon such a great idea like this one as it's off to a good and interesting start. :D
MiyamotoUsagiFan chapter 1 . 12/23/2010
This is wonderful! I'm usually not one for future fics, but you're pulling tis one off quite well. I realy hope you continue this peice.

I have a few questions I'd like answered though, like what happened to Jason? Is he dead again? And Stephanie Brown? Is she still in "the business?"
yellowstar128 chapter 1 . 12/21/2010
Cool! Okay, first of all, I love Oracle and was kind of pissed that you killed her off but this is awesome so I'm willing to over look that because you've handed it so well. I can't wait for the next chapter. Please update soon. Excellent job!