Reviews for A Very Polite Invitation
Mirimel chapter 14 . 6/18
Wow, this story is incredible! I love it - it's probably one of my favorite KHR! stories. Fran in general is rarely focused on, and this is certainly the only time I've ever seen TYL!Fran's backstory (not sure how else to refer to it). It's really well done and believable, too. I can actually see this happening, and it did say that Fran was kidnapped by Bel and Squalo.

On top of all of that, the characters are really in-character, yet also aren't as inhuman as they seem in the manga/anime. I think that's really impressive, to keep their terrifying, psychopathic, and/or just hard to read personalities while giving them thoughts and motivations that fit with their terrifying, psychopathic, and/or just hard to read personalities. I love how you write Fran, in particular. Possibly because he's written so rarely, I've never seen anyone else give him as much depth as you do - motivations, desires, and a personality beyond 'emotionless and annoying'. There are others who come close, but I think yours is the best, especially while keeping him in-character. The way you write Squalo, Bel, and Lussuria is great too, of course. Xanxus is still a jerk, but he's an in-character jerk.

And your story is really, really well written in general. The way everything is narrated is so eloquent that I often have to stop to read it again purely for how beautifully written it is. The dialogue is all in-character and believable, too, when there is dialogue. This story is definitely one of the best written stories I've read.

Thank you so much for all of the work you've doubtless put in to writing this. I am really glad that I got the opportunity to read this story, so thank you! I'm a little sad that it's so close to the end, but yet I can't wait for the next chapter (no pressure, though).
Crimson Cupcake chapter 14 . 6/17
What a story! This is just amazingly brilliant! How do you do it? How do you get into the heads of each and every character so perfectly and make them seem like logical human beings when actually they're the most crazed people on the planet? Like seriously, I could be agreeing whole-heartedly with Squalo yelling at Luss, and then suddenly you change to Luss' perspective and I'm all sympathetic for him? ...HOWWWWW? It must be a superpower!

On the topic of characters, I especially love your characterisation of Squalo, Fran and-wait for it-MM! (Or WW?) I always liked her but there was something so inspiring about her confidence and luxurious living in a Parisian apartment... Makes me want to live like her :'D I love the details you paid to the canon as well - I totally did not know MM and Fran were French until this fic (and then I googled them xD)

Also Fran! His perspective is so cute and self-pitying at the same time but when he opens his mouth... annoying things come out xDD (In the best kind of way of course, Fran is nothing if not annoying to other people). I laughed a lot at his self-pity and his preoccupation with cake and dreaming about being rich... kinda sad, but mostly funny :'D

With that said, I reaaaally hope that final chapter is on its way! Please please please update, it's so close to being finished and I'm dyingggg! Thanks a lot for writing this - I don't think I've read any Fran-joins-Varia stories for a long time (possibly ever?) and certainly none as well written as this one!
kalmaegi chapter 14 . 1/9
Squalo's pov is the most entertaining of the lot but even when not the one narrating, his colorful dialogue is enough to amuse me. Especially him and Bel. Man, the insults! At least now I know it isn't just a Mammon thing that Bel decided to put a frog hat on Fran's head. It was Fran's foot and mouth disease working against him. Poor dear, Mukuro's good at making full use of his verbal diarrhea but Fran? He sounds like an idiot.

Every time Squalo focuses on Xanxus in that weird, twisted, grudging respect of his with copious amounts of healthy curses to throw at the multi-talented, charismatic fucker that he knows can't ever surpass I found myself howling with laughter. It's that hilarious.
Premonition chapter 13 . 10/20/2014
Oh god, this is *awesome*! I guess Fran is going to pass his Varia test, because he does show up in the manga, but it seems like it's going to be a rough ride. :) I also really liked the idea that no onewould discuss sex with Fran, and that Fran's newest info source has indirectly implied that Fran needs to take yoga. Can't wait for the next chapter! (Sorry if this doubleposted, I seem to be having computer problems.)
Sandstorm3D chapter 13 . 7/10/2014
Wow. Seriously wow! This is such a great story. I've spent the last day reading it nonstop. I simply adore your writing style how you have the characterization of all the Varia down pat. The way you switch from view point to view point and bring out each characters quirks is so much fun to read. I'm really interested in seeing what happens next so I hope you'll update soon! Thanks for such a great piece of fiction :)
Svelis chapter 13 . 4/5/2014
Well, for make you happy, remember you that you should NOT drop this awesome story and have a new chapter as plus, here is my review, and let me put this: Fran is a smart boy, really! His logic was priceless, as always, I understand that in his opinion, since Bel and Squalo were all the same and one was sleeping and the other looking for his head, his choice goes with the first, however, why don't consider trick once again Luusuria or even Levi? Why choose Belphegor, when he had listen perfectly well that prince, the ripper, could be even worse than Squalo? Well, anyway, good luck for him, he will definitely need it, and a battle between Squalo and Belphegor, oh my GOD! It is thrilling! I just hope that they don't hurt each other too badly, I just love them to much for desire this... and I hope Xanxus doesn't mind them fighting each other... well, doesn't mind too much! Speaking of him... what is he doing? Oh, and now I know what happened to the squadron! They should know better, or at least fear more, well, anyway, they will learn in time, if they had luck!
Svelis chapter 12 . 3/23/2014
Wait! you cant just drop it, this story is perfect, everybody is so in character, do you truly can see how awesome, even if disturbing, they are... I am really curious about their issues and Xanxus's behaviour or what the hell happened to the guards... anyway, don't just drop it, please, because this story is formidable in many ways!
sparkling apples chapter 12 . 11/12/2013
Enjoyed reading this!

Looking forward to more. :)
sparkling apples chapter 11 . 11/12/2013
So much awesomeness. xD
sparkling apples chapter 10 . 11/12/2013
Poor Fran indeed, LOL. XD

What a fun chapter to read. x)
sparkling apples chapter 9 . 11/12/2013
Hoho fantastic chapter! I kind of feel sorry for Fran. xD
sparkling apples chapter 8 . 11/12/2013
Yet another great chapter. :) Fran is so funny LOL.
sparkling apples chapter 7 . 11/12/2013
Woah, the ending is excitingly amazing. xD
sparkling apples chapter 6 . 11/12/2013
Good riddance to M.M. indeed, I'm not quite the fondest of her.

Brilliant chapter. x)