Reviews for Power Play
onepieceoffreedom chapter 2 . 3/6
its a shame this fic has gone so long with no update because it is a really interesting fic, to be honest the way it has been written out fells much like the pokemon origins episodes i hope this fic one day gets completed
Felicity Dream chapter 2 . 7/9/2014
Aw damn. I got way too into this and forgot about how many chapters it had and how long it's been since it's been updated. I was really enjoying this until I reached the end. I wish there were more to read and hope you'll eventually get back to this. If you still need that beta or someone to just bounce ideas off of, I'm totally welcome to it, especially since we seem to have the same taste in pairings :D
QuixoticColors chapter 1 . 9/28/2012
"...Viridian, a town of warm reds..."

My face when Viridian is described with the word 'red'.
Twisted Midnight Dreams chapter 2 . 7/24/2012
this is awesome. and...beautiful, in a way.
Maximumus chapter 2 . 8/2/2011
May I just say, wow.

This is so many eons better than the first piece I read from you, Children Use Duct Tape. I'm speechless with how impressive it is; the thing that jumped out in my mind was that Giovanni seemed dark, brooding, scary to Leaf when she first met him on the SS Anne. I never realized how goofy, how /unrealistic/ those stories are when Leaf swoons over him when she first meets him. Come on!

Your pacing is amazing, the way you breeze through it alone sets your story apart. The dialogue is fine just as it is, in my opinion. I don't see what there is not to be happy about it, but I guess the author sees deeper than the audience.

Your Leaf is well written. Emphasis on 'your.' You really know how to make a soulless, emotionless, dialogue-less sprite on a screen come to life, twisting it to your own. You have a fan in me!

~Your starry-eyed storyteller, Max
DANCINGDRAGONGIRL chapter 2 . 7/25/2011
Are you going to write more of this? Cause i'd really like to read more of this if you are.
himeko63 chapter 2 . 6/27/2011
hmm i have to say you have an excellent story and chappie here i also really love it and enjoy it! i always liked this couple but there are very few stories such as these and i am happy to see a story like this this has brighten up my week so thank you! thank you for the update and may you please keep up the magnificent work and try your best to update and continue really soon for us readers and reviewers )!

~himeko63
Monochrome-Muse chapter 2 . 3/14/2011
I am loving this. O_O

It . . . I . . . how do I begin! I got the urge to search for a random story involving Giovanni (I'm at that point in the game where where the player meets him). This is the most well-written Pokemon fanfiction I've seen yet! Your words flow so beautifully. I was staring at the screen slacked-jawed even after I'd finished reading.

I apologize for gushing. Good fanfiction is so hard to come by so when one does a tiny celebration is in order (As well as a decently sized review).

Please continue this when you have the time.

P.S - Age differences for the win!
Kyle on Ice chapter 2 . 3/3/2011
If you're still planning on continuing this story, I'd love to Beta.
The Name is Unimportant chapter 2 . 2/13/2011
This story is great and I am loving it. Please write more.
Annabella Carter chapter 2 . 1/2/2011
OMG, I really like this story, I never thought I would like a Pokemon stroy so much! I think you are pacing the story pretty well. Some more in-depth dialogue between Leaf and Giovanni would be good, but I'm sure that will be coming soon anyways. I think it's great and that you've made Leaf a really interesting character. Maybe you could do more to make Giovanni seem uber charismatic and make it impossible for Leaf not to fall for him.
Robot521 chapter 2 . 12/30/2010
I agree with lala banana, adding the SS. ANNE scene was a nice touch. Scenes like those really give the story that extra boost. I hope Leaf has other little interactions like that with Gio since they really only meet each other two or three times in the game.

I thought the pacing was good. I was worried that reading about Leaf's whole adventure would be tedious but you do a good job at giving the story the right amount of detail. It gives the build up to the Gio/Leaf ship worthwhile and like I said before those little one on ones with those two are a nice treat.

I would like to be your beta but, spelling and grammar have never been my strong points.
heists chapter 2 . 12/30/2010
I liked it. Having Leaf first 'meet' Giovanni on the S.S. Anne was a good touch - it gives the actual meeting a bit more significance. And I love the way you compare events and people to literary devices - particularly the character with Bill and the ticket. But:

"It begins to connect when she visits Mr. Fuji's house, learns of the hostage situation which was resulted from a botched mission in which they planned to steal cubone skulls, but it only ended in a marowak's death and an"

Two issues here, really. The 'which was' seems awkward. Not sure if that was your intention, but it didn't read right - maybe just getting rid of the 'was' would fix it it? And then, well, the paragraph is pretty much cut off at the 'an.'

Regarding the dialogue: it wasn't really rushed. It was almost a little slow for my tastes, but that's me with a short attention span. xD And I love your expressions (comparing Leaf's voice to her dress is the one that sticks in my mind).

And... if you're serious about the beta reader, I wouldn't mind. 3
Robot521 chapter 1 . 12/29/2010
This is a really nice first chapter. Love the pairing your going to use too. Gio/Leaf doesn't usually get a whole lot of love. Be looking forward to the next chapter.
Cefren chapter 1 . 12/22/2010
Mmm! These are my favorite type of pairings actually. Too bad there aren't much GiovanniXLeaf fanfics out there though. (

I'm really liking the beginning so far. Excellent choice of words there btw. "...a sheltered world of smiling mouths and trapped existences" - sums up most people in the Pokemon world. XD

Keep it up, and please update soon!